“Diving tailored to your ability”

Scorpio Divers Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Number one Dive Operation in Cancun and Riviera Maya. For those who care for quality, personalized attention, certified and professional Crew. Our main focus is safety and taking you to the BEST dive sites Cancun, MUSA, Cozumel, and Cenotes have. Daily trips, year round! Ideal for beginner divers, families and Certified divers!
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Other people have written about Scorpio's "caring" side, and how well they deal with learners. As relatively experienced recreational divers my son and I look for something a little more challenging. Scorpio deliver every time.
First trip: three tanks in Puerto Morelos - 1. 35m deep shipwreck on air, 2. 20m deep wreck on nitrox 32, 3. 12m twilight reef on nitrox 36. Lots of fish (biggest filefish I have EVER seen), turtles, rays, octopus.
Second trip (two tanks night in Cancun). Dive 1 on the C58. boat skipper dropped us reasonably well despite the honking current, and we managed to get a few minutes on the wreck (eagle rays), before struggling back up the shot.
Dive 2 was a relaxed shallow reef drift in the company of a friendly octopus, giant puffers, turtles etc
Friendly, punctual pickups from hotel; instructor/DM:guest ratio never less than 1:2. Good communication via email/facebook/telephone. Small oxygen set taken onto each boat. Fifteen litre tanks and nitrox available upon request.
Pricing a bit higher than other operations, so they will need to watch that they don't price themselves out of the market.

2  Thank ChrisBarnett
"cattle call"
"swim throughs"
"been diving for years"

Reviewed 28 August 2011

Took a while to write a review, but wanted to say a big "thank you" to Ben and the Crew for making our vacation great! My gf and I completed our open water certification course with Scorpio Divers and we were both very pleased with our vacation. Ben realy took great care of us, and made my girlfriend feel safe, even when she got scared on our second dive. They realy go above and beyond in terms of service, when my flipper broke, Ben gave my one of his, even though it was huge! We both highly recommend this company for the safety and experience.

Reviewed 25 August 2011

I went to Cancun planning on diving. Neither me nor my gf are very experienced divers but my gf only had less than 10 dives and sometimes panicked when diving. I wanted to make sure she was taken care of so that I could enjoy my dives.
Mike, Ben and Daniel all helped her on different dives which made not only my diving experience great but also hers as well. We cannot wait to go back and I guess we could find a cheaper company to dive with in Cancun, but I would not even bother checking. On most dives there were 2 or more DM's for less than 5 paid divers and all were great about pointing out sea life and making the dives enjoyable for all divers.
The wreck off of Porto Morelos was much more than I expected, all dives were full of sea life(snappers, jacks, rays, nurse sharks, lionfish, etc.) and the cavern dives were much more fun than I expected. I had planned the cavern dives just to check them off of my list but will try them again next time I am in the area.

Dive planning was done with Jorge long before we made the trip to Cancun and his prompt service did not falter once we arrived. Any question we had whether was about pickup time or what to bring his responses were always quick and correct.

Next time I am in the Yucatan peninsula I will be contacting Scorpio divers.

Reviewed 20 August 2011

Great guides, excellent attention to customer service and safety. This dive company practically babied us with our dive gear. The dive rates are very fair for what you are getting.
Don't pass this company up if you are in Cancun!

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Scorpio Diving is fantastic! A previous occupant in our timeshare unit left a glowing recommendation about Scorpio Diving and their great staff, so I thought I would give them a try. They are a great alternative to the large cattle boat operations you find in popular dive areas like Cancun & Cozumel. On two of my diving days, I was the only one diving with the guide. The largest group I dove with during the week only had 5 divers, plus the guide.

I contacted Scorpio via email expressing my interest in diving and I soon received a response from Jorge. We were able to set up a night dive for the following day. When a tropical storm blew through and closed the harbor on the day of the dive, Jorge not only sent me an email, but he also called my room to make sure I was aware of the change in plans.

Scorpio will pick you up at your hotel and on dives away from Cancun they also provide lunch. They have a vast repertoire of dive sites, so you will not end up at the same dive site you have been to several times before. Let them know where you have dove before and they will find something new for you to experience.

I dove twice with Daniel, who is an entertaining guide that can converse on just about any subject. On my first day diving at Pte. Morales, I brought along my new BCD and regulator for its maiden dive. Unfortunately, the folks at the dive shop back home hooked up the hoses to the regulator in a configuration that made using the regulator near impossible. Daniel loaned me a BCD and regulator for the day and before diving at the centoes the next day, he took the time to reconfigure the hoses so that I could dive with my new gear.

I also got to dive with Mark for two days, once off Isla Mujeres and once in Cozumel. Mark was another great guide, who is living the dream by spending his summer vacation in Cancun and getting to dive almost every day. When one of the divers on our boat commented between dives on how hard her secondary was drawing, Mark immediately switched regulators with her so that she would have an enjoyable dive. Scorpio is the only dive shop in Cancun that leaves directly from Playa del Carmen to the reefs off Cozumel, saving about two hours of travel time.