“Staff makes you feel like family”

Scorpio Divers Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Number one Dive Operation in Cancun and Riviera Maya. For those who care for quality, personalized attention, certified and professional Crew. One of the few legally operated Dive Operations in Mexico.Register:SDI1008D4. Groups made on skills of divers, always safe, fun and offering just THE BEST in the area. Come and join Scorpio Family! Diver Master to Diver ratio 4:1, 2:1.
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I just got back from a 4 scuba day trip to playa del carmen. My friend and I shopped around and decided to go with scorpio because we had been diving with them before. They aren't the cheapest, but they are definitely the best. From the driver, to the dive master. The whole crew was amazing and made us feel like family. The owner really went out of his way to make sure that we dove every type of dive and the number of dives we requested. We were able to dive a night dive the same night that we flew in!!!!! No other dive shop was willing to offer us that.

The dive masters were amazing. They always made sure we were comfortable and were very knowledgeable with the reefs and how to find everything.

It was really an amazing experience. I can't thank them enough. Money well spent. I can't wait to go back!!

There are newer reviews for Scorpio Divers Tours

Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

I have just finished a DiveMaster internship at Scorpio and am now qualified. So there is no reason for me to bias this review.

I worked for Scorpio for 3 months this summer, after having been a client every year for te past 6 years. In 6 years I have not one bad thing to say about the company. The owner of the company Jorge (or George) is incredibly attentive. He has created a fantastic website which answered almost all the questions we had. The other questions we emailed him about and received replies almost immediately.

In the past 6 years Scorpio have taken myself and my father on a variety of different dives. Our favourites being the Puerto Morelos dives.

The equipment has always been maintained to a very high standard which always sets ones mind at ease.

(When my father and I first dove in cancun we had an experience with ANOTHER company where the gauge was reading that it had more air than it in fact did, and my father ran out of air.)

All of the Scorpio crew were fantastically helpful to me over the summer and I learnt a hell of a lot during my internship; and met a huge number of very happy customers.

If you want an attentive tailor made diving experience where to are treated as an individual as opposed to a number choose Scorpio!!!

Reviewed 19 September 2013

My brother and I took the Discover Scuba Diving package and had an amazing experience.
From start to finish - the transport, was comfortable and prompt, to the training facilities, equipment, boat and guide (Pedro Barnett), which were all very professional, experienced and knowledgeable, I felt very safe and thoroughly enjoyed my first dive.
Thank you to Pedro our guide, who was fantastic and extremely attentive throughout.
I highly recommend Scorpio Divers and wish I had the time to do more dives during my trip!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Having used Scorpio before, they know our level of experience, and are able to tailor dive trips to suit. We went on two boat trips, one was a shallow shakedown for me as I hadn't done any warm water wetsuit diving for a year, but the other took us out to sea to visit some sites that don't get many tourist divers. Plenty of life and some healthy coral.

Jorge is able to organise diving, whale sharks, tours etc, and for us he arranged a van and driver for our family party to visit Xel-Ha.
Great people, good communications, and from what I saw of it, well-maintained equipment (I take all my own gear so can't really comment further).

2  Thank ChrisBarnett
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I went diving with Scorpio divers and Jorge was an absolute help from the beginning. I emailed him months before with enquiries and he came back to me straight away. The service was brilliant, they are helpful and friendly and oh my gosh, the diving was incredible and the water was so so clear. Totally worth it!!
Their photographer took great pics of us at the underwater museum which we purchased after the dive!
PS. I also booked the whale shark snorkelling trip with them which is a must!! You may want to bring your own mask though as I had problems with mine which was highly frustrating as the whale sharks were swimming by me :)