“The Golden Still #1 For Us”

Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun
Ranked #55 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed 1 May 2011

Our 5th time at the Golden April 25-30 was as good as the 4 before. While the check in staff is not as friendly and outgoing as every other staff member our check in was quick and easy. We were checked in with room key in hand within 15 minutes of arrival and in our room before 11 am! Still the best Staff, Beach, Restaurants, Bars and Atmosphere of any Cancun Resort for the money you pay.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank OnRWayFrmIllinois

Reviewed 30 April 2011

We visited the Golden April 17-April 26 2011, this was our 2nd time to Cancun and 1st at the Golden, last time we were at the Gran Caribe Real and it was insane with hundreds of spring breakers, At the Golden it was totally different, very laid back.
Staff is so awesome from the maintanance area to the bartenders, They all smile and remember your names, drinks and food orders. In all the restaurants the food was great, just order your steaks rare in the Old Barn to get medium well. I wish I could remember all their names, the guys in the buffet Oscar, Gamaliel (sp?), Dolphin Bar Freddy, Tikki Bar: Joel, Jose, Fonzy, Old Barn Luis and the entertainmant staff was great Kuko was the best.
You won't be disappointed, the building is older but with the great beach, drinks, staff and food, it is the least of your worries.
We met lots of great people from all over the world. Very memorable trip.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank 32bodhi
Reviewed 30 April 2011

I traveled April 25-29, 2011. Aftter reading several reviews I was worried that the resort may of overbooked and I would get bumped to the Great Parnassus--with the children, thankfully I was not.

Overall the stay was--Good. Not bad, Not great...

"Time share" reps--annoying and pushy...stationed right in front of the elevator
Entertainment--or lack of it, made the stay very boring
Food--nothing exciting, but enough options for a decent meal
Beds--not comfortable for an adult over 5'6
AC--Poor

Staff--very friendly, great service
Drinks--Great...request a stronger mix, and done so :-) however they do come in mini glasses; many people had their own tumblers
Cleanliness--A+
Location--Hidden off the strip, a nice quiet place to relax

I would recommend this hotel for the price and a realxing stay in Cancun

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KDJersey
Reviewed 29 April 2011

Went from April 23 through the 26. Transfers from airport with Best Day, so easy and reasonable. Check in was a breeze. Room was 4th floor,ocean view. Fantastic room. Service was top notch. Had the best steak of my life. Didn't even need a knife, used a fork to cut it. Pool and hot tub was very clean. We stayed at couples in negril and this was much better. Breakfast buffet had different options every day. Breezes snack shack had some good quick food for after bar time (2:30 AM) We tipped a dollar here and there and maybe tipped 75-100 for the 4 days. Jose at the tiki bar always had our drinks ready and filled before they were empty. Bring a large mug, comes in handy to fill the next day after a long night. Simple first aid kit too. Had a food allergy our last night, forgot all about my shrimp issue. If you forget something, very expensive there. Already thinking about coming back next year.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Wifun_couple
Reviewed 18 April 2011

I stayed at the Golden on April 14-17th for a long weekend birthday trip. It was an absolutely fabulous experience, and I can't say enough good things about the resort and the staff! My travel agent alerted the hotel that it was my birthday, and not only was I upgraded from a double oceanview room to a suite with a jacuzzi, there was a small birthday cake in my room waiting for me! I was a bit worried about being bumped to the Great, but none of my friends who traveled with me had that issue. The beach was beautiful, and there were really no issues getting a lounger by the pool, a palapa, or a hammock up on the deck near Pier 12. Breakfast and lunch in the Paraside Buffet were very good, and dinner at Shangri-La was just okay. The burgers and fries at the Breeze snack bar were very tasty! I didn't get a chance to personally try the Old Barn, but my friends went and said it was very good and the service was great. The food at Pier 12 was just okay as well. WHEN I go back, I'll definitely have to try the Old Barn and Sumo. And I'm glad I paid attention to the other trip reviews and brought a Bubba Keg with me, there was no problem for them to fill it up, and it saved a lot of back and forth to the bar, or a lot of waiting for the waiters. The pool wasn't very deep, but it was the perfect temperature each time I got in it. I have to again compliment the staff, starting with Maria who was assigned to my room for housekeeping, Alfredo and Gamaliel (sp?) the waiters in the Paraside buffet, Guillermo who manned the omelet station in the morning, Wendy and Reyna at the front desk, Jose, Moses, and Joel at the bars, and last but not least, Sara, Carlos, Margarita, and Kuko (especially Kuko!!!) on the entertainment staff. Me and me friends would not have had such a great time without them. I will be a repeat customer of the Golden!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank SRainey81
Reviewed 17 April 2011

This was our 9th trip to the Golden and once again it didn't disappoint us. One of the nicest things about being a repeat guest is that so many employees remember you from the bellboy, to the bartenders, to the wait staff, to the front desk, and the management. It is truly like going home and seeing your family again. The renovations were nice, they got rid of the miniature golf which no one used and put the shops in that area with the computers in the middle and travel agencies in the back, the rental agencies that were in the front lobby are now on the side where the store used to be. The lobby bar (now called the Beer Garden) is now on the side of the lower lobby, opening up the seating area, the old "beer garden" is now called "the 60's bar" and is basically the same except they have moved all the statues from the miniature golf in there. They have a crepe station in the lobby near the Sumo, which also hosts a continental breakfast if you are an early riser or have an early excursion. They have removed the bridge and walkway at the pool and added an infinity ledge which is really nice. If you hang out at the ledge Memo (from the dolphin bar) will serve you right there.
The rooms are not fancy but we don't spend much time there so they are fine for us. The beds are soooo comfortable. The bathrooms are kind of small with very small counters but not a problem, we had a hair dryer (club room) but others we talked to also had one and they were in a regular room on the second floor. We had a fridge in the club room but if you don't they have 24 hour room service which we have used many times in the past. We ate at all the restaurants and never had a bad meal, the grouper roll at Pier 12 was excellent and I am a very picky eater.
We took the shuttle to the Great twice for dinner and to visit friends who used to work at the Golden, the food there is also good but the wait is slightly longer and there are so many kids....
The beach is very large with many palapas, we never felt a need to reserve chairs but capacity was only 60% while we were there. As far as overbooking we were told by staff that during March they were booked at 140% and sending people to the Great but we have always gone in April or November so we've never had a problem. Our pick up time was 2pm and we had no problem getting a late check out (no charge) which was very nice.
The entertainment staff did an ok job, I've seen better there before but the crowd was kind of laid back while we were there, so maybe if the patrons were rowdier the entertainment staff would have played up to that.
All in all, I would say if you want a good vacation at a good price and are nice to ALL the staff and show respect for the staff you will have a great time.

Room Tip: Treat people like you'd like to be treated
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank luv2travel1
Reviewed 17 April 2011

The Golden is a great place to stay. We are going back for our third stay in June 2011 and meeting friends we met there in 2009. Ony negative is having to leave our friends each year, we have so much fun! Joey.......yeah, you know what's up. Love ya and Lissette, can't wait to see our group again...CANCUN IN JUNE!!!

Room Tip: Check the room categories people!!!
  • Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank deedee21962
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun
Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort
Grand Oasis Palm
Grand Oasis Palm
#47 of 177 in Cancun

Been to Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun? Share your experiences!