Stayed from January 28, 2011-February 4th. Weather was nice. Not too hot and not too cool. A little humidity but not stifling. They said it rained but other than a drop here or there we had no rain until we were leaving.
Hotel was very nice. Not extravagant. 200 rooms and all adults.
If you don't like to have fun, this might not be the place for you. We are a partying bunch and never had a problem finding a place to get together for a lot of laughs.
Rooms were clean and towel animals almost every day. 2 Bottles of water when we arrived and to get extra we left a note for the housekeeper. Yolanda was AWESOME!! Only concern is that one day the sliding door was not locked when we returned to our room but on 4th floor and everything was fine. Safe in room that opened with key (Lose it and it's $50).
Check-in process worked but different than we were use to. Everyone was directed to the bar where desk staff checked names and went to desk to get keys, towel cards, and safe key. This might have been because another group was checking in at the same time.
Got there about 3pm so were able to go right to the room. View was beautiful on ocean side but you don't see the sunset from there. Almost all rooms have king bed so if you aren't a couple you might need a cot. Cot is a little less than twin size (from what our friends told us).
Open restaurants rotate so it is good to check out the activities board in the lobby to make dining plans. Burger bar was open most of the time and was really good until the last day.
Food was good and several options. Only one buffet and it is primarily open for breakfast and some lunches. Other options are Sumo (sushi type), Barn (steaks and other choices), Pier 12 (fish dishes), one dressier restaurant but we didn't eat there. Room service is also very nice option. Service in restaurants could be slow at times so don't go if you are in a rush or have a time constraint.
VERY nice jewelry store, on site. Upscale shopping, general sundries and souvenier shopping also on site. All very nice and accomodating.
Spa was AWESOME!! and staff were wonderful. MD on site as well as good size exercise room. We didn't see that until I went to the spa but didn't need it as spent most of the time in the ocean or on the beach.
Bus is available about a block away and cabs are always at the ready.
Visited Great Parnassus for one meal. Very family focused and much larger. Seemed noisy but large choice of restaurants and shopping. I think there were seven floors. Felt like you were in a ship. Seemed more up-to-date and more commercial than Golden Parnassus. Food was awesome.
Shows every night at Golden Parnassus were good. Staff try to get crowd involvement. Best entertainment was first night at Mexican party. All I can say is wear layers of clothes or you could end up down to your underwear :). You have to check out the Sixties Bar. Loved it there.
Not much topless going on but not unacceptable.
Beach was beautiful. Some seaweed but it's the beach. Shells came right up with the waves.
Nice pool and jacuzzi. Both clean. Didn't utilize either though. Liked the ocean too much.
Great couples location for relaxation and romance.
Would go back again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun, Golden Parnassus Cancun, is an Adults Only All Inclusive Resort Situated on an unspoiled sandbar tucked between Nichupte Lagoon and the Caribbean Sea is one of Cancun's premier adult all-inclusive resorts. A beach resort wholly devoted to the "in the moment" lifestyle, Golden Parnassus Cancun is a destination where exclusive personal service and a sophisticated yet casual spirit offer the backdrop for the ultimate in relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelbag, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Parnassus Cancun
- Cancun Crown Paradise
- Golden Parnassus Hotel Cancun
- Golden Parnassus Resort Spa Cancun
- Jack Tar Cancun
- Golden Parnassus Resort Cancun