My husband and I stayed at the Golden Crown Paradise Spa April 9 to April 16,2004. After a less than comfortable 6 hour flying experience and a horrendous 3 hour ordeal (don't go Easter weekend!) getting checked through the airport in Cancun, the Golden Spa felt like a gift from the gods. We loved our room, our ocean view, the friendly staff and the personal feel to all the service we received. The Mexican dance show was great, the gift shops offered reasonable pricing, the chamber maid service kept our room immaculately clean and even decorated, and the outside bar service was excellent. I loved the ambiance at the Shangri La restaurant. The food selections were all class and presentation was exquisite. The Old Barn restaurant staff treated my husband like a king once they found out it was his birthday. And food was always hot and fresh in the buttet since you could order and watch most of its preparation. For a one week stay I thought there was more than enough variety and choice in food and types of dining atmosphere. And the quick and friendly 24 hour room service was such a treat. Through-out our stay we felt relaxed, and pampered. Except for the "casino night" which was held at the outside bar and got a bit noisy, we enjoyed a quiet night's sleep, and slept well the entire week - in spite of hard beds.
My husband took advantage of the bike tour morning activity and I enjoyed particpating in the Yoga class outside almost every morning - classes were small, and the surf sounds and Enya music set the mood. Mauricio was the best teacher, he even offered a relaxation massage at the end of the class!
In talking with other travelers on the way home (who we got to know quite well while sharing the long line ups in the airport) we realised that we had truly picked a winner with the Golden Spa as we heard horror tales of other resorts which had line ups to eat at restaurants, plumbing surprises in their rooms, all night loud partying, no room or available lounge chair poolside etc.
We toured the city and area by bus and took advantage of eating and drinking at the Golden Crown's sister resort twice. Our only regret is that we didn't take in more of the offered tours and day activities - I think perhaps we were enjoying the beach and our resort too much to leave for long. Maybe next time. We'd definately return to the Golden Crown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun, Golden Parnassus Cancun, is an Adults Only All Inclusive Resort Situated on an unspoiled sandbar tucked between Nichupte Lagoon and the Caribbean Sea is one of Cancun's premier adult all-inclusive resorts. A beach resort wholly devoted to the "in the moment" lifestyle, Golden Parnassus Cancun is a destination where exclusive personal service and a sophisticated yet casual spirit offer the backdrop for the ultimate in relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Parnassus Cancun
- Cancun Crown Paradise
- Golden Parnassus Hotel Cancun
- Golden Parnassus Resort Spa Cancun
- Jack Tar Cancun
- Golden Parnassus Resort Cancun