Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun
US$351
US$506
US$435
Bookit.com
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
US$528
US$538
US$255
US$219
  • Pool
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
US$800
7,234 results
All reviewsparadise buffetsixties bardolphin barpier restaurantla restaurantentertainment staffocean viewcoconut shrimpsister hoteltequila volleyballclub roomlagoon sidebreakfast and lunchsteakjapanese restauranthave a good timesushi
Marion, Ohio
Reviewed 27 April 2004

We stayed 7 days at the Golden Crown 4/18/04 to 4/25/04. We loved it!!!!! Absolutley no complaints. My husband and I are in our mid 40's and have 3 college age kids and we love children, BUT...... the adults only is GREAT!. one evening we went to the sister hotel and it is much larger and noiser. They had a "country" steak restarant, we stopped for a Corona to visit. They have a mechinal bull and there were about 6 little kids crawling all over it, screaming, and crying..... We were glad when we got back to Golden Crown, small, quiet adults only.... Food was good, always plenty of it. Cannot say enough about the staff. I don't how people can stay so friendly so much of the time. They all laugh with each other and have a good time. We went to a couple of the shows and they were excellent. When eating at a restarant your wine glass is NEVER empy. Think about it, laying by the pool or beach, someone asks you want you want to drink, and they bring it right to you, if you are hungry and want a little snack, go to the pool side snack bar, get french fries, hamburgers, many other items to choose from and go back to sunbathing!!!! Because we are older we did not parcipate in the pool games or beach volleyball, but had a good time watching everybody else. We will be back. We will not stay at any other hotel. We HIGHLY recommend The Golden Crown Spa.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Penticton, British Columbia
Reviewed 25 April 2004

My husband and I stayed at the Golden Crown Paradise Spa April 9 to April 16,2004. After a less than comfortable 6 hour flying experience and a horrendous 3 hour ordeal (don't go Easter weekend!) getting checked through the airport in Cancun, the Golden Spa felt like a gift from the gods. We loved our room, our ocean view, the friendly staff and the personal feel to all the service we received. The Mexican dance show was great, the gift shops offered reasonable pricing, the chamber maid service kept our room immaculately clean and even decorated, and the outside bar service was excellent. I loved the ambiance at the Shangri La restaurant. The food selections were all class and presentation was exquisite. The Old Barn restaurant staff treated my husband like a king once they found out it was his birthday. And food was always hot and fresh in the buttet since you could order and watch most of its preparation. For a one week stay I thought there was more than enough variety and choice in food and types of dining atmosphere. And the quick and friendly 24 hour room service was such a treat. Through-out our stay we felt relaxed, and pampered. Except for the "casino night" which was held at the outside bar and got a bit noisy, we enjoyed a quiet night's sleep, and slept well the entire week - in spite of hard beds.
My husband took advantage of the bike tour morning activity and I enjoyed particpating in the Yoga class outside almost every morning - classes were small, and the surf sounds and Enya music set the mood. Mauricio was the best teacher, he even offered a relaxation massage at the end of the class!
In talking with other travelers on the way home (who we got to know quite well while sharing the long line ups in the airport) we realised that we had truly picked a winner with the Golden Spa as we heard horror tales of other resorts which had line ups to eat at restaurants, plumbing surprises in their rooms, all night loud partying, no room or available lounge chair poolside etc.
We toured the city and area by bus and took advantage of eating and drinking at the Golden Crown's sister resort twice. Our only regret is that we didn't take in more of the offered tours and day activities - I think perhaps we were enjoying the beach and our resort too much to leave for long. Maybe next time. We'd definately return to the Golden Crown.

• Stayed: April 2004
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Corning, AR
Reviewed 24 April 2004

Well, we had a fablous time! I don't know why you all would complain. We need to realize that we are in another country and must respect their food and culture. We did not have ONE complaint! We were waited on hand and foot. The rooms were GREAT. We stayed in the Crown Club room. At first, I was disappointed b/c we didn't have a balcony, BUT, the view was wonderful. I would visit there again. The people couldn't have been more polite and helpful. The only thing you need to do..... Bring your own coffee. Mexican coffee looks like worm dirt. I am an avid coffee drinker, but rendered to go cold turkey once I got there. (Which was very difficult) I was not impressed with their k-up. Spicy and not as tasty as American! BUT besides that, WONDERFUL. If you can't find one person that works there that isn't wonderful to visit with. They were the greatest! The Tiki Bar was a hoot. We had so much fun. If you don't stay here, you will be disappointed. The rooms excepional, the Beach, the food, the people! I will visit again.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 April 2004

My husband and I just returned from our 5 day stay at the Golden Crown. We were placed in a lagoon room (303), and there was not an oceanview room (216) available for two days. Our first room did have the musty smell, but the oceanview room did not. The bed was very hard, but we did not have any trouble sleeping. Our first room was very noisey, but the second room was more peaceful. There are constantly activities from beach volleyball to water games in the pool. The food was great. The portions are smaller than Americans are use to having, but you can order as much as you would like. For example, at the steakhouse, I ordered the filet mignon and a shrimp kabab. The steaks are good, but they are not Outback or Texas Roadhouse style. I would not rate the accomodations or food "five" star, but it was very nice (about a "four" star standard." The buffet food is extremely well prepared, and they will prepare just about anything you ask them to. My husband had beef fajitas, and I had the chicken. We both thought they were some of the best fajitas we have had. Alfonso is awesome. Even though we were not suppose to tip, we did most of the time. The beach is clean and nice. We could not get in the water due to the high winds and huge waves. I hope this review helps. Please email me if you have any questions.

3  Thank SusanM74
Reviewed 21 April 2004

What can I say about The Golden Crown, Just excellent, the food,people,beach front all excellent. Would recommend this hotel. You must stay at this hotel. Clean,no bugs,maid service excellent,bar service excellent. All around 5* hotel no doubt about it. My two daughters and I stayed there from March 26th to April 2nd,2004. We loved it very much. The shows excellent. Pier 1,service and food excellent. The Barn resturant was so so. But not bad. So take it from me if you are planning a trip to Cancun stay at The Golden Crown Paradise Spa.

4  Thank Hrenova