“Best place to stay in Cancun” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun

Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun
Ranked #52 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
A TripAdvisor Member
“Best place to stay in Cancun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2004

I read about 100 reviews before I left, so I knew what I was in for when I got there. The service was excellent. When the shuttle drops you off, they immediately sit you down and serve you a drink; which is a wonderful experience after the chaos at the airport.They stuck us in a crappy room to start with, and my trip started out to be very uncomfortable. They put us on the first floor right next to the mini golf course, and people were keeping me up all night laughing and being drunk and stuff-- plus, above our room was some sort of generator, and every 45 seconds or so, it would turn on, run for a bit, and then shut off again. Kept me up all night, and after talking with the manager, he agreed to put me in an ocean view room after the next night. We also went to WALMART to get a foam egg crate, because the bed was hard, like sleeping on the floor.If you go there, please get to know the entertainment staff. They made the trip for me and my wife. So fun and full of energy, but not too much to where it was annoying. If you want to be left alone, they leave you alone. I would recommend getting involved in the sports. You dont have to be any good, it is more for the fun of meeting other people and having a blast at whatever it is. I am shy myself, but am so glad my wife talked me into going down to play volleyball. The vacation really took off when we got involved.The dinners were wonderful. We ate at the Shangri'La 4 nights out of 7. All the restaurants are very good, and I am fairly picky. I would recommend them all, and I did to many newcomers that arrived before I left.The bartenders are awesome, and deserve to be tipped. We waited until the last day, and then tipped everyone. We exchanged addresses and stuff with some of them, because they truly became our friends by the end of our week.I dont want to just repeat everything already said by others, so if you have any questions just email me. larry@moebiuscolor.com.(Also, I lost touch with some people that I met there, so if you remember meeting Larry and Becca, please contact me so we can exchange info)

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,096)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2004

My Husband and I stayed at the GCP April 22-26. We are in our early 30's, and wanted a relaxed, calm resort...which is exactly what we ended up with here. It was wonderful! Quiet, peaceful, pure relaxation. The Beach is the nicest one I have seen in Cancun. (we have stayed in Cancun and Playa 6 times now) Our room was basic, but had some nice touches...the lighting and furniture were attractive...the best part of the room though was the huge and very private Balcony overlooking the Ocean and Beach. I love sitting on the balcony early in the morning and in the evenings when we come up from the beach. As with most AI's we have tried...the breakfast, lunches and snacks were great (this was better than most actually), but the dinners leave a lot to desire. We just know this going in, so we aren't disappointed. The Buffet here isn't open for dinner, which I actually wish it had been, as you could always get made to order pasta, oriental dishes, grilled chicken, pizza, salad etc. Its not like a buffet dinner is what we normally go for, but its easy to find something you like to eat. So by the 3rd night we went down to the big shopping center that has a bunch of restaurants and had a great dinner there at a place called l'arca (sp?). The lobster quesadillas and ahi tuna were awesome. Another great thing about the resort was that they had Palapas down on the beach for when you needed a break from the sun...and the Tiki Bar is so close to the beach and ocean, you can sit there and drink and still basically be on the beach, it was great. I became addicted to something called a Banana Mama, that I'm sure Alfonso wishes he hadn't got me started on. Overall...the Beach, the food, the oceanview rooms, the staff...everything was A+, except for the dinners...but thats okay, as long as they kept my wine glass full, I wasn't overly concerned when the food came anyway. I would definitly go back to this resort..it was my favorite so far in Cancun.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2004

We stayed at the golden crown paradise hotel from march 31 until 7th april. this hotel was absolutely fantastic. as a travel agent myself i have stayed in many hotels all over the world, but i can honestly say that the golden crown paradise was without doubt the best. the room was great, kept imaculate, the service from all of the staff throughout the hotel was outstanding. you do truly feel pampered at this hotel. the entertainments staff keep you entertained, but if you are not the energetic type then they dont force you to take part. you can do anything you want here at this hotel. the food was really good and the view from the paradise buffet restaurant at breakfast is superb. if you are going to this hotel in the near future then count yourself very lucky. you wil have a fantastic just like we did! have a pina colada for me will you!!!!

2 Thank gemini64
IA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2004

We stayed at the Golden Crown from April 17th-23rd. We had a club room on the ground floor on the ocean side. We loved the spa tub in the room (especially the bubble bath . . .) and enjoyed the balcony. I think the club room was definitely worth the upgrade. We tried all the restaurants and found them to be nice, but not fabulous. The breakfast buffet is wonderful, and it was nice to have burgers and fries right by the pool. You just have to keep in mind that you're in another country and things are not going to taste the same as they do at home. The beds are hard (as we have found in all three of the resorts we have tried in Cancun) but we took the tip from another user here and went to Walmart for the foam pad for $20. It didn't eliminate the problem, but made it easier to sleep (and Walmart is an experience in itself!). The beach is beautiful and a great place to walk in either direction. The pool area is nice, and we didn't have a problem finding chairs. We took candles as someone else recommended, but didn't notice any musty smell. Things were clean all the time, but I think they are understaffed here as we did have to wait on service in the restaurants. The size of the resort is a plus as it was not crowded and we never had to wait for anything (except waiters). The adults only concept was GREAT and something we would look for again. The shops in the hotel were nice and reasonably priced. We attempted to use the spa services but no one ever answered the phone and when we went down there, we didn't find any employees, so I wouldn't count on using those services. The walk to the bus is not that far, and not an issue in my opinion. We had no problems using the bus to go anywhere. We did keep our door locked as other recommended, and we did have people knocking at odd hours, but never felt unsafe. All in all, I would rate it as a four star hotel and a nice resort in Cancun.

3 Thank BeachKris
Ontario Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2004

Before going on this trip I took the time to read just about every review for The Golden Crown Paradise and everything good that people had to say was true.

My boyfriend and I went there April 17-24 2004 and it was amazing!

We stayed in a Crown Room which is one of the suites. We didn't have to pay extra for it, it is just what we were given when we arrived. IT was wonderful!

The ocean is gorgeous and pictures don't do justice. The food was excellent, even for those who are really picky! They have pretty much anything you could find at home.

The bartenders, waitresses and the rest of the hotel staff were VERY friendly and helpful.

I do recommend bringing American and Pesos as they prefer tips in American but it is better to use Pesos for the bus (6 pesos = 60 cents American)

You have use of the non-motorized watersports at AquaWorld which is a 10 min walk from the hotel. Also they had parasailing and jet skis on the beach.

The Activity staff were excellent. You MUST be daring and play Tequila volleyball, but beware of Kentucky Fried Chicken if you lose!

If you have any questions or want to know anything please feel free to e-mail me and I will do my best to answer your questions!

HAVE A GREAT TIME I KNOW I DID!!!!

5 Thank imagine0069
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2004

We stayed 7 days at the Golden Crown 4/18/04 to 4/25/04. We loved it!!!!! Absolutley no complaints. My husband and I are in our mid 40's and have 3 college age kids and we love children, BUT...... the adults only is GREAT!. one evening we went to the sister hotel and it is much larger and noiser. They had a "country" steak restarant, we stopped for a Corona to visit. They have a mechinal bull and there were about 6 little kids crawling all over it, screaming, and crying..... We were glad when we got back to Golden Crown, small, quiet adults only.... Food was good, always plenty of it. Cannot say enough about the staff. I don't how people can stay so friendly so much of the time. They all laugh with each other and have a good time. We went to a couple of the shows and they were excellent. When eating at a restarant your wine glass is NEVER empy. Think about it, laying by the pool or beach, someone asks you want you want to drink, and they bring it right to you, if you are hungry and want a little snack, go to the pool side snack bar, get french fries, hamburgers, many other items to choose from and go back to sunbathing!!!! Because we are older we did not parcipate in the pool games or beach volleyball, but had a good time watching everybody else. We will be back. We will not stay at any other hotel. We HIGHLY recommend The Golden Crown Spa.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2004

My husband and I stayed at the Golden Crown Paradise Spa April 9 to April 16,2004. After a less than comfortable 6 hour flying experience and a horrendous 3 hour ordeal (don't go Easter weekend!) getting checked through the airport in Cancun, the Golden Spa felt like a gift from the gods. We loved our room, our ocean view, the friendly staff and the personal feel to all the service we received. The Mexican dance show was great, the gift shops offered reasonable pricing, the chamber maid service kept our room immaculately clean and even decorated, and the outside bar service was excellent. I loved the ambiance at the Shangri La restaurant. The food selections were all class and presentation was exquisite. The Old Barn restaurant staff treated my husband like a king once they found out it was his birthday. And food was always hot and fresh in the buttet since you could order and watch most of its preparation. For a one week stay I thought there was more than enough variety and choice in food and types of dining atmosphere. And the quick and friendly 24 hour room service was such a treat. Through-out our stay we felt relaxed, and pampered. Except for the "casino night" which was held at the outside bar and got a bit noisy, we enjoyed a quiet night's sleep, and slept well the entire week - in spite of hard beds.
My husband took advantage of the bike tour morning activity and I enjoyed particpating in the Yoga class outside almost every morning - classes were small, and the surf sounds and Enya music set the mood. Mauricio was the best teacher, he even offered a relaxation massage at the end of the class!
In talking with other travelers on the way home (who we got to know quite well while sharing the long line ups in the airport) we realised that we had truly picked a winner with the Golden Spa as we heard horror tales of other resorts which had line ups to eat at restaurants, plumbing surprises in their rooms, all night loud partying, no room or available lounge chair poolside etc.
We toured the city and area by bus and took advantage of eating and drinking at the Golden Crown's sister resort twice. Our only regret is that we didn't take in more of the offered tours and day activities - I think perhaps we were enjoying the beach and our resort too much to leave for long. Maybe next time. We'd definately return to the Golden Crown.

• Stayed April 2004