Well, we just got back yesterday from our short weekend trip to the GP. The resort is an older resort but very well kept and clean. We had requested in advance an upgrade of rooms (for our 20th anniversary) as we had a lagoon view booked. They upgraded us to a "suite" which is a jacuzzi room on the top floor. It was still lagoon view but was the top floor and we were happy with our upgrade. The sunset over the lagoon was awesome. We would have been happy had they not upgraded us though. The only gripe was that one day it was not cleaned. Again, we would have liked it to have been cleaned but we were on vacation and we weren't going to let that damped our spirits.
The food was good. We are used to having a buffet for one of the restaurants in the evening but the sit down style was fine with us. We never had to wait at the restaurants. The Saturday pool party was very good. They bbq outside by the pool, and had plenty of variety. The entertainment after dinner was good but we simply ate and sat at the Tiki Bar for a few drinks.
There were plenty of open loungers during the day. If you want an umbrella then you better prepare to get to the pool fairly early (9-ish) or risk not getting an umbrella. There were close to 20 of them, but I heard complaints each day that some didn't get one. Well, I have news for you, if they put up 50 umbrellas then there would be no sun at the pool!!!! Just saying. We are from Ohio and we were trying to get some sun after all the cold and snow we have had this winter.
The service was as advertised. The bartenders worked very hard to keep up, and drink times were kept to a minimum. We tipped the waitress who worked the pool area each day early on, and we had a continuous flow of drinks come our way.
All in all, we had a wonderful mini vacation, and would recommend this hotel. This was our 10th trip to Cancun, so we have seen 10 different resorts, and we have NEVER been disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun, Golden Parnassus Cancun, is an Adults Only All Inclusive Resort Situated on an unspoiled sandbar tucked between Nichupte Lagoon and the Caribbean Sea is one of Cancun's premier adult all-inclusive resorts. A beach resort wholly devoted to the "in the moment" lifestyle, Golden Parnassus Cancun is a destination where exclusive personal service and a sophisticated yet casual spirit offer the backdrop for the ultimate in relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Parnassus Cancun
- Cancun Crown Paradise
- Golden Parnassus Hotel Cancun
- Golden Parnassus Resort Spa Cancun
- Jack Tar Cancun
- Golden Parnassus Resort Cancun