This was my first time in Cancun and I was not disappointed.
I can barely fault Golden Parnassus but will try to give an honest review. The Hotel wherever you go is absolutely spotless. That includes the hotel rooms, restaurants, pool area, beach area, and public toilets. You will never be in a public area without a drink as the bar and waiting staff are on hand to give you a refreshing cocktail, water or soft drink. ALL drinks including the alcohol were top name brands - Pepsi, Bacardi, etc.
I didn't know what to expect from an adults only hotel but it worked out so well - no screaming kids and most importantly, you could come down to the pool any time of the day and there are loads of sun-loungers free. Towels are provided for around the pool and beach and are changed daily. Only thing was the pool was always warm so not much relief from the heat.
Each restaurant including the breakfast and lunch buffet offered freshly cooked meals from Italian, Japanese, seafood, steak, chicken - everything! The food is beautiful and always presented well.
The hotel room (double room) was lovely. It was always spotlessly clean however the made are up and cleaning from 8am so you might want to put the Privacy sign on the door for a long lie. The bathroom had a strange glass door with no lock but didn't bother use, it was clean. Huge double sized shower cubicle with hot and powerful shower. Air con is free and you can keep it on all day every day. Safety deposit box is also free. Take a travel adapter that changes your voltage as my hairdryer wouldn't work at full power. That meant I used the hairdryer in the bathroom and it was fantastic, lots of power which I need for thick long hair. The iron provided in the room was also really good. Big flat screen TV as well.
My friends complained about no wi-fi but we were able to connect to the "Sandos" - hotel next door - wifi for free.
What made this holiday was the friendly staff - they would go out of their way to help you and appreciated any tips - we often tipped just at meal times 50 pesos and the bar staff after a good night at the pool bar. Entertainment team took us to a different club every night and were also very funny, outgoing people who seem to work all hours. The other holidaymakers were brilliant as well and from all over the world - North and South America, UK, Canada, etc..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun, Golden Parnassus Cancun, is an Adults Only All Inclusive Resort Situated on an unspoiled sandbar tucked between Nichupte Lagoon and the Caribbean Sea is one of Cancun's premier adult all-inclusive resorts. A beach resort wholly devoted to the "in the moment" lifestyle, Golden Parnassus Cancun is a destination where exclusive personal service and a sophisticated yet casual spirit offer the backdrop for the ultimate in relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Expedia, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Parnassus Cancun
- Cancun Crown Paradise
- Golden Parnassus Hotel Cancun
- Golden Parnassus Resort Spa Cancun
- Jack Tar Cancun
- Golden Parnassus Resort Cancun