Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun
Ranked #53 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I travelled to this resort in November 2008. I am writing a review now, because I am going back this November (long overdue). My family & friends, and I had the best vacation ever at this resort!!! We loved the size of this resort, because within minutes, you were at the pool or beach (and a beautiful beach it is)!!! Also, because of its small size, the staff get to know you!! I have never experienced such Amazing service at a resort!!! Every single staff member I came in contact with was absolutely brilliant!!! They go beyond, to make your stay memorable & full of fun!!! The rooms were very nice...no problems there! The food was delicious!! I personally loved the Old Barn!! We also ate at Pier 12, which I would recommend the coconut shrimp, delish!! The breakfast & lunch buffet was great! We never ate at Shang-ri-la or Sumo...but we intend to this time around! Oh, and the snack bar was great after a night of drinks at the Tiki Bar! Great for a late night snack after drinking!! I have to say, that I would recommend this resort, wholeheartedly...and I have, many times!! I am looking so forward to returning....I am literally counting down the days, until Paradise!!

Room Tip: I stayed on the lagoon side, fourth floor...the sunsets were breathtaking!!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Kitty K
Parnassus2011, Chief Concierge at Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Kitty K,

Better later than ever, so thank you for sharing with us your review of your past stay at the Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa, we are delighted to know that you are coming back home!

It is always a pleasure read reviews where we can learn that our staff has made a difference on your vacation in order to make it memorable. As you have mentioned being an small Resort gives us the opportunity to know our guests and provide a personalized service for you.

It will be a pleasure to have the opportunity to serve you once more.

Maru Reyes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,118)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Kearney, Nebraska
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I cannot say enough good things about this property. First if you can select a room I would suggest 414 - and excellent center of hotel location with a tremendous view of the pool area and the Caribbean. The restaurants are superb - we did not eat beyond breakfast in the buffett area. Pier 12 has amazing food and excellent service, The old Barn had great steaks and again attentive service, Shangri La was excellent dining - although remeber they do have a dress code - slacks for the men, see hotel information for these requirements. The Tiki and Dolphin bar excellent and the pool staff are attentive. There is no swim up bar at this property. Breezes provides a great source for sandwiches - grilled foods, nachos and other poolside eats. The recreation staff are top notch and provide excellent service. The property does have a "vacation plan" that they suggest and will offer to give a tour of the sister property - we chose not to. I want to thank Eric for providing the information and not providing what I may call "high pressure." Simple yes or no and it does not bother our realtionship. I can tell yuou that is you walk the beach or along the road to the south the hard Rock "sales" people do aggressively ask you to see their property - not something that I fancy will on vacation. Special recognition and thank yous for their service and friendship go out to the following staff Eric, Jose, Fermin, Fonzy, Carlos, Gabby, Denise, Ulysses, Jose, Alejandro, Jeanette, the front desk staff, and housekeeping they all contributed to our wonderful stay. Without doubt we will return one day to this property and certainly recommend it to all seeking an adults only venue. I did have trouble with the agency staff - I had difficulty connecting with the "hotel.com" staff to confirm my shuttle to the airport. UI resolved the issue by calling the shuttle service with a number provided on the receipt - they were very helpful - in fact the return to airport driver arrived early. Overall a great time.

Room Tip: As meantioned in my comments I suggest room #414. handy to the elevator and in the center of the bu...
8 Thank Stephen A
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa, we are so glad to know that you enjoyed of an amazing and wonderful stay with us.

All of our guests truly enjoy our Breeze snack bar service due to its tasty snacks and the convenient hours that it’s open, during the day if you want a quick bite and all night long for those who enjoy a late night bite.

We appreciate your nice comments and acknowledgment for ous staff members who provided a service beyond expectations.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back to your new home in Cancun.

Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Anybody complaining about this hotel is the most uppity,boooooooojie person in the world. The customer service was the very best I have seen since traveling. No complaints what so ever. The staff was courteous. They remembered my name and my wife's name. Bartenders made your drinks how I wanted. Food was great. Shout out to bartender Freddie and Gabriel.

9 Thank Anthony B
Dear Anthony B,

We appreciate you to share with us your comments about your recent stay at the Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa, we are pleased to know that you truly enjoy our personalized service. Your complete satisfaction is our best reward.

Do not hesitate to come back to the Golden Parnassus to live another lovely vacation.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

To make the story short, bed is small, drinks are limited, shower and sink were clogged, and the last and worst thing of all, we left the privacy sign on the door and when we came back, we found the room fixed and a missing iPad and a GoPro battery!!!

Stayed July 2014
19 Thank Gypsyp19
Parnassus2011, Chief Concierge at Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear gypsy19,

We appreciate you to share with us your feedback, please elaborate about the missing items at rpublicas@goldencancun.com so we can follow up this issue.

Regarding to the limited drinks this calls my attention due to we are an All Inclusive Resort and I’ve never had about this complaint before, guests staying at the Golden Parnassus can have unlimited drinks and food in all of our bars and restaurants.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Poor customer service at the front desk, had to ask several times for things, no rush by front desk, promised to be moved to another floor but never happened, kept being told maybe tomorrow I forgot, promised a spa massage by Mary since it was our honeymoon - never happened, Bar & Restaraunt staff were excellent, Internet package that we paid for only worked for 30 minutes, it was suppose to work for 24 hours, contacted the company and they stated that we had used too much data, only logged onto US Airways to check in and selet seats, promised a refund but still haven't received it, Mura the public relations member was excellent to deal with, would be helpful if there were (2) public relations members to help speed the process up and you don't have to stand in line for 30 minutes to talk to her, Jacuzzi wouldn't work, filled with water and motor was broke, drained the jacuzzi and there was dirt and small hairs in the bottom (see photo), view was perfect from room, beach was beautiful

Room Tip: Refuse to take room 112, it is right under the concrete stairs and all night long all you hear is pe...
7 Thank Tommy M
Dear Tommy M,

Thank you for staying at the Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa, it is good to know that you found some positive aspects of your stay as it is the our beach location and view to the Majestic of the Caribbean Sea.

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences faced during your stay, rest assured that we will take it into consideration, as well we will follow up your case.

We will be grateful to have the opportunity to have you back in the Resort to offer you the real Golden experience.

Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Food is fantastic especially at the steak house.
At breakfast you can get anything from cereal to a full breakfast or omelette.
The views are amazing, we had a lagoon view this side of the hotel is much quieter as the beach view backs onto the beach bar and stays noisy until late.
The array of drinks and cocktails is impressive.
The staff are very friendly and attentive.
Easy to catch a bus as they are regular and all go around in the same loop if you want to go to the shopping malls. But be quick to sit down!
We never went in the pool so don't know what that was like, sunbeds on the beach right outside the hotel and you will be waited on for drinks.
Outside the hotel has the best bit of beach as outside the sister hotel is very rocky.
Would love to go back it was a dream holiday.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank donnalsmith
Dear donnalsmith,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing the Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa to spend a romantic vacation in Cancun. We are delighted learning that your experience exceeded your expectations.

All of our guests truly enjoy our breakfast buffet, we have a large variety of dishes to enjoy from healthy and natural option, made to order eggs and omelets and Mexican delights to try.

We offer for your comfort beach grounds with comfortable sunbeds and palapas to be safe of the sun, as well we have Dophin bar where to enjoy fresh cocktails.

It will be a pleasure to have you back at the Golden Parnassus on your next romantic getaway.

Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Don't be misled by the negative reviews - this hotel is brilliant.

The hotel staff are amazing, the restaurant staff will bend over backwards for you, the entertainment team (Denise, Ulises, Carlos, Israel and Alex) were absolute superstars and the bar staff will remember your names, your drinks and, (in my case), your wedding anniversary.

The 6 restaurants are all decent (but not amazing). The Old Barn is fab as is Sumo. Pier 12 is pretty good and Shangri-La is OK (you need to wear trousers and collared shirt in there which I did only once). The Breeze (for burgers etc) is open 23hrs a day and The Paradise restaurant is open for breakfast and lunch (for lunch I'd suggest Shrimp Chow Fan from the Chinese counter).

The rooms could do with a upgrade but we only slept, showered and jacuzzi'd in there.
The pool, though small is adequate but could do with an aesthetic overhaul. There's always something going on in there (volleyball, basketball, beer pong, darts, table tennis, silly games).
The beach is simply amazing with pure white sands and a crystal clear sea.

The best part of this all is though is that everything is within spitting distance. Sit at The Tiki Bar and you will get to know everyone's name - and they'll know yours - within a day. Every holidaymaker, on my two trips anyway, were fantastic. Yes you get the odd weirdo guests but don't you get that everywhere? (perhaps people thought I was one of the weirdos!)

I had an absolute blast. I can't wait until 22/6/15 when I return. See you there.

Room Tip: Email the hotel before you go and ask Maru Reyes for an upgrade to an ocean room. She'll do you...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank WarrenMcM
Dear WarrenMcM,

It has been a true pleasure welcome you back home. We are so glad to know that you have enjoyed both of your stays at the Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa.

Here at the Resort we have 5 restaurants to offer: breakfast buffet, breakfast lunch and Italian specialties, for dinner we have International Cuisine, Japanese and Steak House, in addition 24hrs. snack bar and room service.

Your kind comments for our entertainment team are greatly appreciated and will be addressed to the management, we are always pleased to hear good comments to our staff due to its excellent service.

We are looking forward for your next stay too, see you on next year!