Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun
Ranked #53 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
Tilbury, United Kingdom
“Excellent !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Just got back from 2 weeks here and had a blast ! The people there are lovely in the hotel . Food is outstanding . Loads to choose from pool side snack bar had steak and chicken baguette and burgers . All drinks are delicious ! Defo try a mud slide or a banana Rama ! . Restaurants are great best own shangrala delicious ! Loads to do beautiful beach . Defo book the club tour with get 4 clubs for 80 dollars including coco bongos which is great that's all drinks in all included . Speed boat and snorkelling trip was great also the zip wire place which is food included also and is very nice not cheap Food . There are people walking up and down the beach selling stuff don't buy the cigars there Crap fake ones . . Hotel entertainers at hotel are a lot of fun tequila volly ball in the pool was funny . And all round great time was had on our trip couldn't fault any of it . The bar staff and waitress and waiters work so hard and defo deserve tips when u can . Can wait to go back ! Best place and most fun I ever had

• Stayed August 2014
      Rooms
4 Thank Vikki B
Parnassus2011, Chief Concierge at Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Vikki B,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience at the Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa. As we can read you had a great and fun vacation not only enjoying of what the Resort offers, but taking advantage of Cancun’s attraction and nightlife.

We appreciate you to let us know that your favorite restaurant was Shangri La, this is our fine dining restaurant featuring international Cuisine, the ideal place for a romantic evening dining at the candle light and enjoying live piano.

Do not hesitate to come back to the Golden Parnassus for another fun vacation, it will be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Maru Reyes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,095)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Redford, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

The common areas are very nice. Food was pretty good too as I read in most reviews, so thanks for the honesty. Rooms are one of the low points of the trip, very basic with bad lighting. No art work on the walls and only a couple plugs that seems to be loose in most rooms.

We were a group of 18 people there for a family members 5 year anniversary. Our group had 9 rooms booked so we can confirm that the hotel seems to have a scam where they purposely give the wrong number of beds on the lagoon side and offer an upgrade and when you decline they offer a lower price or a chance to switch rooms a day or two later. We had a couple rooms with 2 single ladies that were given king beds, and 4 rooms that had couples that were all given double beds. When asked why would they say they didn't have the rooms when we could switch with each other we were told they didn't know we were all there together. My question is if you knew our room requests, why did we ALL end up with the wrong room types???

Overall we had a ball. The small size made it feel like every one knew each other. And when you like to party as our group did that was a big plus.

One last bit of advice.... The hotel doesn't seem to be prepared to feed tables of more than 4. Anytime we sat with more people than that it took up to an hour and a half to get our food. With 4 people it was like a half hour tops.

Room Tip: Lagoon view on the 4th floor or higher has a nice view if your don't want to pay the extra money...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
8 Thank PDub54
Dear PDub54,

Thank you for staying at the Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa, it has been a pleasure to serve you and your group throughout your stay, we are glad to know that you had a really good time and that it was a successful celebration.

Please accept our apologies if there was a misunderstanding with the room accommodation, The only way to know that our guests are coming together as a group is when you book directly with us or your travel agency lets us know, in that case we can accommodate your requests, even though we always try to honor all of our guests requests, but these are subject to availability.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in a near future for another fun vacation in Cancun.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

just returned after 14 nights briil holiday, hotel staff are just great, they give service with a smile and are a credit to this hotel. From breakfast to evening meal you could not ask for more.
The room was basic but clean it looked over the lagoon not the beach, that was fine for us as the time we spend in the room doesn't warrant ocean view money. The beach is fantastic the pool is very shallow and hot, we spent a lot of time at the beach, there are a lot of people selling goods at the beach but if you say no they leave so no problem. Most hotels ive stayed at you have to book restaurants in advance but here you just go and the food in all of them was great standard and presented well and the waiters made you so welcome.
24 hour room service was good and free.
I would definitely return to this hotel and thanks to them again for a great holiday

Room Tip: we had 501 its a lagoon view but good
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank davej1124
Dear davej1124,

Thank you for staying at the Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa, we also appreciate you to share with us your feedback.

We are so glad to know that you really liked all of our restaurants and you found convenient not having to book in advance, you’re welcome every night in each one of our restaurants, in addition we have 24hrs. room service for a late night bite or when you want to realx in your room.

It will be an honor to welcome you back in your new home in Cancun.

Falkirk, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Just back after 14night stay great holiday fantastic staff beautiful room and great food would certainly recommend this hotel only downside I wish I had took my 3 year old niece she would have had a ball in the children's pool.highlight for my husband was relocating the turtle eggs Well done great Parnassians for all your hard work We will be back

Room Tip: Would recommend room 705 great room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Tony M
Dear Tony M,

Thank you for sharing with us your experience at the Great Parnassus Resort & Spa, our sister Family Resort.

Do not hesitate to come back to enjoy with your whole family the facilities and vibe that the Great Parnassus offers.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

My husband and I just returned from a 5 night trip from 7/31-8/5. We have mixed feelings leaving this resort. I would like to give it 5 stars based on all of the positive experiences but the negative experience keeps playing a toll.
Positives:
The waiters, waitresses, hosts, hostesses, cooks and entertainment staff are amazing! They are what make this resort a place to return to.
We thought the food was good. We didn't have an issue with any of the restaurants. They didn't have certain things on the menu a few times but when we returned another night, everything was there. With it being a smaller resort, all food is made to order. They have stations in the buffet area to make fresh Chinese dishes, fajitas, quesadillas, etc. They try to make the presentation on the plates at the restaurants look nice.
The beach is one of the best we have gone to. There is plenty of space and the sand is white and the water crystal clear. We never had an issue getting a beach chair or a cabana for some needed shade. I think if you have ever gone to another resort where people place their towels on the chairs early in the morning, you will appreciate that this doesn't happen at this resort. It was nice being able to get to the beach whenever we wanted and still have ample availability. People complained on here about the life guards pulling the people out of the water. They do that at our local beaches here as well (Jersey shore) to ensure that the swimmers know the life guards are leaving for the day. I didn't think it was a very big deal. There are people constantly walking by selling things to you on the beach. We would say "no thank you" and they would walk away. If you want to buy things, they will barter with you. If you can't make a deal, they come back to you to try again. So barter at your own risk.
The room was a little outdated but was very clean and kept that way each day. Would have liked to have a refrigerator like others have mentioned. Coffee maker in my opinion was not necessary as we could walk to the buffet restaurant and ask for one to go.

Negative:
As I read the other reviews this seems to be consistent..
When we arrived they asked us if we were here for something special. When we answered that it was our anniversary, the girl apologetically told us the only room available was one with a double bed BUT we could spend more money and upgrade to an ocean view room with a king bed OR we could move midway through our trip to different room with a king sized bed. When I said that I did not want to pay more or move midway through our trip all they could say was sorry but we will keep checking for you. We spoke to the hotel manager and mentioned the issue about the beds and she said that we could pay for the upgrade and instead of it being the normal $30/day she would give it to us for $20/day, "only more $100." I said no. When check-in time came around, we asked the front desk again if they were able to find us a room with a king sized bed. When the nice gentleman said no, he went to get the same girl that initially talked to us upon our arrival. She said that she was going to upgrade us to a ocean view room for free. We were very thankful of this but were disappointed when we walked in the room to still see two double beds. We gave up and took the upgrade and didn't say anything else for the remainder of the trip.
The part that gets under my skin though, is that we heard this happen to multiple people after us. There were two women friends that were told they only had a room with a king size bed but could pay for the upgrade. There was a honeymooning couple that were told that their room had a poor view and should upgrade to the ocean view room. They later told us that they took the upgrade because they were given a deal of $25/ day. I didn't mention that they offered me $20.
I think that starting the trip this way, the minute we arrived, left a bad taste in my mouth for the remainder of my time. I don't see anything wrong with offering people an upgrade, but don't make the customers unhappy because you are trying to make a sale.

Overall, we were happy and would return. Many people we had talked to on the trip were returning for their 5th, 6th, 7th time. It is a shame that the front desk is not on board with the rest of the staff.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
17 Thank KZM27
Dear KZM27,

Thank you for choosing the Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa. We are glad to know that even when your stay started with the wrong foot, our staff, service and quality turned your perception into a nice and pleasant experience.

At the beach our grounds feature comfortable sunbeds and palapas with a beach bar where you can enjoy your favorite drink, we also have wait service, so you can be fully pampered. We have a privileged beach location with a large white sand beach and crystal waters.

I would like to offer an apology if you had an uncomfortable moment during your check in, the room allocation is up to availability depending on the room category that you have booked, we have 6 different room categories, therefore is not always possible to honor all of our guests’ requests, even when we try hard to offer you the best we can as it happened with your accommodation.

Do not hesitate to come back to the Golden Parnassus, we will be grateful to have the opportunity to provide you a real five star stay.

White Haven, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Girls Getaway at Golden started with very nice greeting from staff & welcome drink. My friend & I booked 1 room, ocean view, with 2 beds. Room & bathroom was large, clean, but dated. Our room only had 1 bed... Agh,,,went 2 front desk requesting another bed, after specifically telling our travel agent we need 2. We would have to wait until the next day & they'd move us, additionally we were told, requesting an extra bed when booking iS just that A REQUEST! I ask if they had a roll a way bed they could put in the room, so they did that. It was a little musty smelling- but at least I had my own bed!
The food in ALL the restaurants was FANTASTIC! The breakfast buffet will satisfied even the pickiest person! Fresh Cold fruit, coffee& juices, waffles, omelets were made to order, along with other breakfast items. The wait staff was so very attentive & kind. Lunch & dinner at The other 4 restaurants was excellent! Additionally, the hot dog and burger joint by the pool was a nice touch if you wanted something less formal or after hours. The wait staff at the bars are attentive and delightful My only suggestion is to have coffee makers in the room.
I participated in yoga and pottery class, There were many other activities I could have done but I was busy in the beautiful beach & ocean.
I got a massage in the spa, reasonably priced & the woman masseuse where fantastic, I later told the activities manager he should charge more, the massage was so very relaxing!
The room was cleaned late in the morning and the staff did a terrific job!
They had theater where they put on the play "Grease" Very good performers!
The only oddity was the TV channels - DISH supplied the cable channels & it was a mix of American, Spanish,& Dutch TV. Of the American channels, they had 2 news channels CNN & FOX. CNN came in with a clear picture and voice, FOX had a clear picture but the sound was MUTED! I called the front desk who sent a service person - he rebooted the cable to no avail! So the front desk & service man couldn't explain why FOX was muted the whole trip!
The best asset of this hotel is the wait staff, housekeeping bartenders & spa personnel! Second best asset is the beach!
Things
Items to note: no coffee makers in room, dated facility, FOX news was muted.
FOR SURE, I would go back!

Room Tip: Beachfront Beachfront Beachfront - we were on the 3rd floor & the view was FANTASTIC!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank sueHaven
Parnassus2011, Chief Concierge at Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear sueHaven,

Thank you for your preference by selecting the Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa to spend your vacation in Cancun. We are delighted to learn that you could enjoy your stay with us.

Please accept our apologies regarding to the uncomfortable moment at your check in, as much as we try to please all of our guests and honor your requests these are subject to availability, I elaborate, there are Resorts that charge different rates for the room accommodation if it features one or two beds, we don’t, therefore we can only guarantee the room category, the allocation and beds are according to availability.

I must agree with you, our staff is the jewel of the Golden, we take pride for our hard working people that go beyond to make your stay pleasant, comfortable, relaxing and fun, your comments are greatly appreciated.

It will be our honor to welcome you back to your new home in Cancun.

Jonesboro, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was our honeymoon trip, when we arrived our room wasn't ready. We went to eat at Paradise. Paradise had the worst food!! We ate at every place offered and that was the worst by far. It also was the only thing for breakfast (room service comes from there too) one of the only places open for lunch as well. Our room stayed humid and damp until it got dark. Glasses were small so bring a big bubba. There are no excursions included which was a negative for us since we wanted to see Mexico and were limited bc everything was over $100 per person. Dinner was great at the restaurants and the breeze snack bar was my best friend the whole time! No internet, no clocks but everything is on a time schedule. Staff was friendly. Kept things clean. Wasn't a terrible trip but we will choose a different resort next time.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
5 Thank Lrhae
Dear Lrhae,

We are sorry to know that you didn’t enjoy as most of our guests our buffet breakfast at Paradise, our large selection includes a hot station where you can ask for eggs and omelettes to order, fresh fruit and Mexican food.

We do not include excursions in our package, but most of the Resorts neither include this service, there are specialized tour agencies where you can purchase your excursions to get to know all the attraction near the Cancun area.

Do not hesitate to come back to the Golden Parnassus in your next vacation and allow us to provide you the real golden experience which we are known for.