7,565 results
All reviewsparadise buffetsixties bardolphin barentertainment staffpier restaurantla restaurantocean viewcoconut shrimpsister hoteltequila volleyballclub roomlagoon sidesteakbreakfast and lunchjapanese restauranthave a good timesushi
Reviewed 2 December 2004

My wife and I stayed from Nov. 21st – 28th. The GPC was a real nice place to stay, especially during the holiday season. (No Kids). My wife and I have done allot of traveling and a lot of resorts. Adults only is the way to go. The beds were hard like some people reported, but if you order extra pillows it helps you sleep better, well so does Jose and Carlos at the Tiki bar (Tequila). They are a lot of fun. There was a big range of age there, from 18 to 80. We found great people to hang out with that were in our age range. The tiki bar stays open late. The girls are topless! Some, you will not care to see at all! Everyone is just laid back opposed to a resort were kids are. The 4 people that work at the resort (Animation Team) are real cool and funny. Katy, Chantel, Jerry, I forgot the other guys name. They will have you doing things all day, volleyball, trivia by the pool, shows at 10, and than out to a different club every night. Coco Bongos is a must! That’s were we met the people we hung out with for the rest of the trip, Montréal and Detroit, ya know who you are, we had a lot of fun, got in at 5am. The food could be better, but remember you can order 5 entrées if you want. I would order 2 or 4 steaks and tell them to leave the sides off. Drinks aren’t bad, but liquor is limited. I had to drink Bacardi and Tequila all week, nothing top shelf. The waitress by the pool and on the beach is good, but allot of people and only one waitress. A bar just opened on the beach last week, so be sure to pick a spot on the right side of the resort. The rooms were real nice and clean, never a problem. We tipped allot. They make about $6 usd a shift, so throw some money around. It doesn’t hurt us. Take the bus 13 pesos for 2 people and they run 24 hours a day, ask the driver to stop at the Ritz Carlton. The people at the flea market will try to get you in their shops, but just ignore them. I am pretty sure that the silver jewelry that they sell on the beach is fake. I bought a chain that hasn’t proved it yet, but I am waiting for it to change color. Al the staff is real nice and overall you will have a good time.

5  Thank Chris S
Reviewed 2 December 2004

We returned Monday 11-29-04 from a 4 day getaway at the Golden Paradise Spa in Cancun.
From the moment we got to the Hotel we were treated very well. We arrived and didn't touch the bags, escorted into the lobby and asked to take a seat while the bellhop got the front desk personel to come to us. They had drinks immediately brought to us as we were issued our wrist bands (which lets the hotel personel see you're a guest as this is all inclusive resort). and hotel room assignment.
Once up in our room our luggage was delevered almost immediatly and we were ready to check the place out.
Everyone was very warm and welcoming, the hotel is very well kept and the room was great with a balcony and ocean view.
Great food at the restuarants (4) + snack bar. An awsome pool and hot-tub (although the hot-tub could have been a bit warmer).
From start to finish we were treated very well. I recommend bringing lots of dollars. Although not required and certainly never implied by any of the hotel employees that you tip, I always feel tipping is appropriate for good service, and a couple US dollars is quite appreciated by these folks who work so hard to make our stay as comfortable as possible.

• Stayed: November 2004
3  Thank RichG9
Reviewed 29 November 2004

This was our second annual "Girls Vacation" to Cancun and the Golden Crown, Nov 7-14th. We loved it last year and even more this year. Great place to relax during the day and recover from the night before :) Being an all adult resort is absolutely a plus! The staff is superb and friendly and kept us smiling. These Chi-town girls will absolutely return next year!!!

1  Thank Sherpa9634
Reviewed 28 November 2004

I would suggest GCP to anyone. My boyfriend took me for my birthday and now we're broke, but I loved it. It is a great resort with great staff and very nice rooms. Adult only resort was great, because a lot of parents can't control their kids (ie. the plane ride over). Everyone complained about the hard beds, but I was so tired at the end of the day I didn't even notice, my boyfriend just used a lot of pillows for softness.
We ate all the time, we played beach volleyball, we played the pool side games, we napped on the beach, we went to the night shows on site, he drank like a fish, I swam in the pool and in the beautiful ocean.
G-spot was cool because of the indoor rainfall, but the only good music was the hip hop that we requested. (bring a list of songs and artists)
Coco Bongo's was amazing regardless of what they were playing because of the shows they put on every 10 minutes. Well worth the $35pp open bar. You catch your own ride back approx $1pp. Easy ride back, just get bustop #'s. We're in our 20's, but there were a lot of older people there, but
We met some cool people from VA (ex-NY), and Montreal, Que, Canada.

2  Thank Curious35214
Reviewed 27 November 2004

We stayed at GCPS from Nov. 12th thru the 19th. I read all of these helpful trip reports first, and it was just like everyone had said. First, a little bit about ourselves, so you know where we’re coming from. We are 59 years old. This was our first Vacation in Mexico at an all-inclusive. We are interested in quality at a reasonable price. When we go to Las Vegas we stay at the Flamingo or Golden Nugget.
If you’re not happy at the GCPS, you won’t be happy anywhere. We got a room (313) on the lagoon side when we first checked in. It was a little musty and yes, that candle we brought fixed that right up. We asked for an Ocean-view and were told we would be put on a list. We booked through Funjet and there was a rep there at almost all times. We talked to him and $20 moved us up to the top of the list, and on our second day we moved into our beautiful Ocean-view room (414). Just budget that $20 right from the start, it’s worth it. The food was exceptional and what was most surprising was the best food in our opinion was at the buffet. We ate at the steakhouse twice and the seafood & gourmet places once each. In every case we got a fine meal, but nothing to take your breath away. The quality and variety of the food at the buffet was memorable. The simple vegetable dishes and casseroles on the buffet line were delicious. We’ve eaten at most of the buffets in Las Vegas. This was better than 95% of them. Lines are no problem, anywhere, anytime. You’re always first in line. The 24-hour Snack bar makes some great burgers, hot dogs, wings, fries, nachos, etc. Did I mention the do-it-yourself Bloody Mary & Mimosa Bar in the Lobby? The drink sizes were fine by us, but larger glasses are for sale in the gift shop. Jose at the Tiki Bar is a riot. Christina is the pool angel who keeps you from getting thirsty. Everyone here is extremely pleasant and helpful without expecting a tip. But please do. The bartenders, servers, cooks, housemaids appreciate a dollar now and then and might just surprise you in return.
Just a slight negative note about this place if you’re a little disabled as I was due to a twisted ankle, there are a lot of unavoidable steps at this resort. If you’re healthy it won’t bother you, but it’s definitely not H/C friendly. Would I go back? In a heartbeat!
Feel free to Email me if you have any questions.

2  Thank pbrwolf