7,599 results
All reviews paradise buffet sixties bar dolphin bar entertainment staff pier restaurant la restaurant ocean view coconut shrimp sister hotel tequila volleyball club room lagoon side steak breakfast and lunch japanese restaurant have a good time sushi
Reviewed 2 December 2004

Just returned from a week stay at the Golden Crown.We are a mid 30's couple from st.louis mo. Ok here is my evaluation. This is a nice place, very clean, good waiters, bar tenders, food is typical all inclusive, but good. I will agree with all the complaints about the beds...terribly...hard!!!Towels where fine though.This place is very nice...you won't find a nicer beach area.... But those of you that are thinking this a partying place beware!!!This is an adult only place meaning NO KIDS!!!But they do not promote much fun in the way of 20 to 40 year old stuff..Alot of the people there are an older crowd 50 +++.They won't turn the music up even around the pool area! And we where ask to keep tops on for pool games.Topless is a little better at the beach area.We just thought they catered to an older crowd 50 +.If you are looking for more of a fun crowd, drinking, laughing,with alittle partying atmosphere you need to keep looking. I would suggest the blue bay get-away.Stayed there last year alot of fun, That is where we will be returning in the future. If you are looking for nice quiet place, to relax, no children, then this is the place. Thanks to Kati & Chantel, (entertainment-staff) you tried to liven up the place a little!And a special thanks to Jose', tikki bar-tender the only great fun we had!!!You are the best!!If you go clubing stick to Senor frogs or Coco-bongo....went to daddy-O's stayed 10 minutes, small dance floor, all tech-no music ,no seating room,poor service!Sucked...Be glad to answer any questions drop me aline.....

7  Thank corvett974
Reviewed 2 December 2004

My wife and I stayed from Nov. 21st – 28th. The GPC was a real nice place to stay, especially during the holiday season. (No Kids). My wife and I have done allot of traveling and a lot of resorts. Adults only is the way to go. The beds were hard like some people reported, but if you order extra pillows it helps you sleep better, well so does Jose and Carlos at the Tiki bar (Tequila). They are a lot of fun. There was a big range of age there, from 18 to 80. We found great people to hang out with that were in our age range. The tiki bar stays open late. The girls are topless! Some, you will not care to see at all! Everyone is just laid back opposed to a resort were kids are. The 4 people that work at the resort (Animation Team) are real cool and funny. Katy, Chantel, Jerry, I forgot the other guys name. They will have you doing things all day, volleyball, trivia by the pool, shows at 10, and than out to a different club every night. Coco Bongos is a must! That’s were we met the people we hung out with for the rest of the trip, Montréal and Detroit, ya know who you are, we had a lot of fun, got in at 5am. The food could be better, but remember you can order 5 entrées if you want. I would order 2 or 4 steaks and tell them to leave the sides off. Drinks aren’t bad, but liquor is limited. I had to drink Bacardi and Tequila all week, nothing top shelf. The waitress by the pool and on the beach is good, but allot of people and only one waitress. A bar just opened on the beach last week, so be sure to pick a spot on the right side of the resort. The rooms were real nice and clean, never a problem. We tipped allot. They make about $6 usd a shift, so throw some money around. It doesn’t hurt us. Take the bus 13 pesos for 2 people and they run 24 hours a day, ask the driver to stop at the Ritz Carlton. The people at the flea market will try to get you in their shops, but just ignore them. I am pretty sure that the silver jewelry that they sell on the beach is fake. I bought a chain that hasn’t proved it yet, but I am waiting for it to change color. Al the staff is real nice and overall you will have a good time.

5  Thank Chris S
Reviewed 2 December 2004

We returned Monday 11-29-04 from a 4 day getaway at the Golden Paradise Spa in Cancun.
From the moment we got to the Hotel we were treated very well. We arrived and didn't touch the bags, escorted into the lobby and asked to take a seat while the bellhop got the front desk personel to come to us. They had drinks immediately brought to us as we were issued our wrist bands (which lets the hotel personel see you're a guest as this is all inclusive resort). and hotel room assignment.
Once up in our room our luggage was delevered almost immediatly and we were ready to check the place out.
Everyone was very warm and welcoming, the hotel is very well kept and the room was great with a balcony and ocean view.
Great food at the restuarants (4) + snack bar. An awsome pool and hot-tub (although the hot-tub could have been a bit warmer).
From start to finish we were treated very well. I recommend bringing lots of dollars. Although not required and certainly never implied by any of the hotel employees that you tip, I always feel tipping is appropriate for good service, and a couple US dollars is quite appreciated by these folks who work so hard to make our stay as comfortable as possible.

• Stayed: November 2004
3  Thank RichG9
Reviewed 29 November 2004

This was our second annual "Girls Vacation" to Cancun and the Golden Crown, Nov 7-14th. We loved it last year and even more this year. Great place to relax during the day and recover from the night before :) Being an all adult resort is absolutely a plus! The staff is superb and friendly and kept us smiling. These Chi-town girls will absolutely return next year!!!

1  Thank Sherpa9634
Reviewed 28 November 2004

I would suggest GCP to anyone. My boyfriend took me for my birthday and now we're broke, but I loved it. It is a great resort with great staff and very nice rooms. Adult only resort was great, because a lot of parents can't control their kids (ie. the plane ride over). Everyone complained about the hard beds, but I was so tired at the end of the day I didn't even notice, my boyfriend just used a lot of pillows for softness.
We ate all the time, we played beach volleyball, we played the pool side games, we napped on the beach, we went to the night shows on site, he drank like a fish, I swam in the pool and in the beautiful ocean.
G-spot was cool because of the indoor rainfall, but the only good music was the hip hop that we requested. (bring a list of songs and artists)
Coco Bongo's was amazing regardless of what they were playing because of the shows they put on every 10 minutes. Well worth the $35pp open bar. You catch your own ride back approx $1pp. Easy ride back, just get bustop #'s. We're in our 20's, but there were a lot of older people there, but
We met some cool people from VA (ex-NY), and Montreal, Que, Canada.

2  Thank Curious35214