My husband and I just returned from GCP on Sunday 3-13-04 after a 10 day stay. This was our fifth year in Cancun, second year at the GCP.
This year we had another couple join us as last year we raved on and on about his resort.
They too, prior to leaving read reviews on this site and were
wondering how they could be so varied. After they arrived,
they were in awe.
Could not understand how anyone could say a bad word about
The Old Barn has improved its portions and quality of food
since last year ( even though last year it was good). The service, as always, is beyond excellent.
The beds are firm... but they are that way in every other hotel I have stayed at in Cancun. If they are too firm for your taste and you have a double bed room where one of the beds is not being used- take the sheets and blankets off the unused bed and alternate sheets and blankets- is softens it up.
For those of you headed for GCP in the near future, be sweet
to Jonathan ( new entertainment staff).
He had only been there a week when we arrived and he is trying
so hard to learn English. He is enthusiastic and eager to learn.
You will also enjoy the other entertainment staff of Carlos, Katie and Lauren. Their goal is to offer activities if you aren't one to just lay around in the sun all day. But if you are one of those ( as am I) they encourage for a minute and then move on. Though I never had to the heart to refuse Jonathan when he would ask me to participate (even in water aerobics). I always enjoy Tequlia Volleyball.
Alfansio is the ultimate when it comes to bartenders. Ask and you shall receive. Regino, Jose and Cesear are wonderful as well. Please tell them that Maria says "hello" and that her and Jerry will be back next year! Please tip these guys, as well as your maid and servers in the restaurants, they get paid so little and do soooo much!!! Also, hello to Dot and Mickey from Maine - don't forget to plan on the first week in March 2006- can't wait!
Nilia and David as well.
I think if you let go of all your expectations, be it big or small- you will not be disappointed. I love this place and all the people there - whether they be guests or staff!!!!
Mary (aka Maria) Mpls.MN
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun, Golden Parnassus Cancun, is an Adults Only All Inclusive Resort Situated on an unspoiled sandbar tucked between Nichupte Lagoon and the Caribbean Sea is one of Cancun's premier adult all-inclusive resorts. A beach resort wholly devoted to the "in the moment" lifestyle, Golden Parnassus Cancun is a destination where exclusive personal service and a sophisticated yet casual spirit offer the backdrop for the ultimate in relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Parnassus Cancun
- Cancun Crown Paradise
- Golden Parnassus Hotel Cancun
- Golden Parnassus Resort Spa Cancun
- Jack Tar Cancun
- Golden Parnassus Resort Cancun