My first beach vacation without kids, and not in Florida. Stayed at GCP from 3/4-3/11. I was amazed. Of course, got the run around with the room.. BUT, got exactly what I wanted in the end. Be patient. BUT, remember, it isnt always the hotel staff's fault.... you can blame the other tourists who decide to upgrade once they arrive. Book ahead, and e-mail ahead. That's how I got what I wanted.
The hotel was clean. The rooms were clean, of course with the "musty smell" everyone reports of with the oceanview jacuzzi rooms. The humidity is normally high, producing musty rooms-get over it. Buy some incense!
The beds were hard. Oh well... slept only a few hours anyway. Even then, I have had back surgery, and still have back problems.. still, it was manageable.
Clean towels, and HOT water. I mean HOT!! The water preasure is OK..
Linens were clean, and sheets were soft. Get extra pillows. Tips will get you LOTS!! (sorry to other guests during my stay.. I had 10 pillows..LOL)
This is a "low-key" resort. Adults only, and minimal rooms help with the personal attention you are able to receive.
I never got in the pool, but the staff around the pool, and the beach were A+. I felt like I was in a postcard by the views and the water. I visited the other hotel's beaches, and these are the BEST!!!
We had little noise, and both of our rooms were near the golf course (rooms 104, then 208). The jacuzzi is nice, if you dont get too sunburnt!
OLD BARN- average food, with EXCELLENT servie.
PIER 12- excellent food, excellent service. Cold at night if you sit outside.
SHANG RI LA- WOW! Small portions, excellent food.
BREEZE SNACK BAR- hits the spot at 215am, after leaving a night with Jose. Have them cook your stuff longer... tastes just like McD's. LOL
ROOM SERVICE- great staff..great breakfast.. average food. It's better to just go to the Breeze for snack food..don't be lazy!
BUFFET- yumm.. after a night of drinking or whatever.. it was still good. Average, but good.
BARS- Of course everyone knows Jose and Carlos from the Tiki Bar, but DO take the time to see Fermine in the Beer Garden. That guy is HILLARIOUS! HE WAS MY FAVORITE! He will have your drink ready before you get to the counter to ask! Talk to him about soccer! Also, tell him Karli says he is #1. ;-)
Jose.. only saw him the last night. He got me drunker than I have ever been, and I didn't puke. He knows what he is doing!
The entertainment staff avoided me, and I avoided them....?!?! Oh well.. must not have been that good anyhow.
The only thing negative I can report is the rude guests and the jungle tour/speed boat thing, both of which have nothing to do with the GCP. I'd love to come back again, and be treated like royalty again.
Jungle Tour- ugh! Choppy waters, broken down boat. Almost died.. LOL... bad time! If you are not comfortable with the waters, or have never done it before.. skip it! Especially if you get others on your tour who try to make things difficult for you.
Other guests- be nice to other, and dont think that "young" people are "spring breakers". We're both under 30, and most of the older people (40+) were rude.. we just ignored them.... LOL
HI WYATT & LYN! Congrats on the marriage!
SHELLY & ROB! You guys were a riot! Good luck in the future! Hopefully you will get your 2 carats! LOL
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun, Golden Parnassus Cancun, is an Adults Only All Inclusive Resort Situated on an unspoiled sandbar tucked between Nichupte Lagoon and the Caribbean Sea is one of Cancun's premier adult all-inclusive resorts. A beach resort wholly devoted to the "in the moment" lifestyle, Golden Parnassus Cancun is a destination where exclusive personal service and a sophisticated yet casual spirit offer the backdrop for the ultimate in relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Parnassus Cancun
- Cancun Crown Paradise
- Golden Parnassus Hotel Cancun
- Golden Parnassus Resort Spa Cancun
- Jack Tar Cancun
- Golden Parnassus Resort Cancun