We have just returned from the Riu Caribe in Cancun. We stayed end of July to beginning of August 2012. This is our first time with Riu and won`t be the last! We really enjoyed our time and would recommend the resort without hesitation. Here are the pros and cons in a nut shell.
- Hotel is extremely clean.
- Rooms are very clean, we had the junior suite
- Staff is amazingly friendly. Always there to help and you feel this through their efforts and smile which is truly genuine.
- Food was very good with a good variety even at the buffet. It didn't have goulash (mud) and oatmeal every day.
- Drinks were good with a great variety introducing a drink of the day.
- Beach is very accessible and there were enough chairs for everyone
- very good entertainment at the pool.
- Pool is excellent for adults AND children, our 6yr old son just loved it
- restaurants were very good. We tried the Shangri-la Asian... YUMMY! and the steakhouse also YUMMY, but we preferred (slightly) the Asian... MUST TRY their fried ice cream for dessert, honestly, don`t miss it it is really worth it.
- cleaning lady made my son extremely happy by making an animal from towels every day... again always with a beautiful genuine smile
- entertainment was way too late. 9:45 PM every night, this is too late as my 6 yr old son was sleeping at that time. Riu needs to change that.
- reserving the restaurants was tricky, you had to reserve from 7am - 11:00 for the next day... we couldn't get a restaurant for our last night so we stood by at night and checked of there were any cancellations, the lady wouldn't let us go even though the restaurant was booked about at 40% of it's capacity... that was unacceptable, so I spoke to the restaurant manager: Manuel, who gladly helped us out to go eat... thanks Manuel!
- beds were a little uncomfortable, squeaky sound of a plastic cover on the mattresses and we felt them tilt to one side... on both beds, so my husband and I couldn't share the same bed because you would have the feeling of falling off.
- Not enough umbrellas to have some shade on the beach or pool. Although there are a lot, I still feel that more was needed because it was really hot!
James at the lobby. He really helped us out with a great smile!
Manuel, the restaurant manager who helped us when we didn't have a reservation.
Silvia the cleaning lady on the 4th floor for making my son's day by simply making animals out of towels... what a really nice lady!
so that is it. Hope this helps anyone who might need a little hand in making a reservation at the Riu Caribe.
I really recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Cancun's resort area. 9-Story building. On the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. 3 Km. /1.9 Miles from a shopping center. 4,5 Km/2.5 Miles from downtown Cancun. 21 Km/13.1 Miles to Cancun Int'l. Airport. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelUp and Ebookers so you can book your Hotel Riu Caribe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Caribe Real Cancun
- Grand Caribe Cancun
- Grand Caribe Real Cancun
- Riu Caribe Resort Cancun
- Riu Caribe Cancun Mexico
- Riu Caribe Mexico