Our first time to Cancun, we traded our time share with II for a week at the Royal Islander. We traveled with 4 adults and 2 teenage boys and were glad to pick a smaller resort with a boutique feel located on the south end of the hotel zone. It was very quiet and has a family feel but not too many little kids. I was not impressed with the lobby staff when we arrived but the rest of the hotel staff at the resort were amazing. They work very hard and are not too pushy. Every room has an ocean view and a large patio to enjoy with lots of furniture. The food at the resort is well prepared and reasonably priced. We enjoyed the convenience of the Market Place on the property but it was very expensive. Make sure you pack double the amount of sunscreen you would usually take. The location is perfect for body surfing and playing in the waves which we all loved. Impressive points about the beach: The staff cleaned and raked the beach every morning for the guests; Staff made sure that the vendors didn't harass the guests; the life guards watched for dangerous riptides and kept guests away; plenty of chairs and umbrellas for all to enjoy.
Our concierge Sara was new, but made sure we had everything we wanted for information. I appreciated that we were not bothered the rest of the week once we told her we were not interested in attending a presentation. I'm glad we didn't book at the Sands as it was big, busy and full of kids.It also doesn't have the same feel as the the Caribbean next door or the Islander.
The property and grounds were immaculate and the pool was perfect for what we wanted.
I would definitely recommend the Royal Islander and would book here again when we return to Cancun. Thank you for a wonderful week!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Islander(R)is nestled on the beach and offers enchanting views of the Caribbean and the Nichupte Lagoon. Seek a moment of solitude at sunrise and enjoy blissful hours in the warm sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Royal Islander All Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Islander Hotel Cancun
- Royal Islander Hotel Cancun