Went to Cancun on a 1st time 'annual' ladies getaway (April 2013). The Royal Caribbean was a great resort. The suite we had was fabulous, it had bedroom with king sized bed, bathroom, living/dining room, 2 murphy beds, balcony the length of suite, full size kitchen. Room service kept the suite clean and left extra towels at times. The staff is friendly, welcoming, and helpful (our currency exchange lesson at check -- thank you). The beach is GREAT and the pool(s) FABULOUS.
All areas are beyond clean and I am a clean freak. The lobby, hallways, elevators, gym (kind of small), pool area, beach, bathrooms in pool area..all CLEAN!!!! You see staff cleaning from sun up to sun down. Staff speaks with a smile. LOVED LOVED when the 'happy hour' bell rang at the swim up bar....jump in and away you go. There is someone that hand cleaned the tiles around the pool EVERY morning. What you see in pictures in what you see in person.
This was a dream vacation..was not crowded, loud, rowdy, just perfect. I would without a doubt stay at The Royal Caribbean in Cancun again. Did hear it was supposed to go to 'timeshares' I hope not. You must ride the local bus, it is an experience you will enjoy and not forget. You go all the way downtown for an inexpensive fare and we shopped at Wal-Mart for water and snacks. The market downstairs (lobby area) we shopped at for our breakfast items and snacks as well. You will enjoy your stay.
Oh the water was a little choppy and we visited a sister property up the road and the water calmer but had a lot of seaweed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Caribbean(R) Nestled between a magnificent stretch of powder-white sand and lovingly tended tropical gardens, our two resorts offer an exceptional collection of services... And twice the fun. Escape to paradise. Sink your toes into soft white sand that's always cool to the touch and listen to the murmur of the waves. Start the day with a swim in the pool, work out in the gym or sign up for tennis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Royal Caribbean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Caribbean Hotel Cancun
- Royal Caribbean Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Caribbean Resort Royal
- Royal Caribbean Resort Cancun
- Royal Carribean
- Caribbean Royal