“Tour with Helaman was highlight of our trip!”
Review of Helaman Tours

Helaman Tours
Ranked #30 of 340 Tours in Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: Let me show you the archaeologycal sites and best places for snorkeling. allow me to guide you with my experience of over 30 years in Mayan history and do a private tours in Spanish, English, French, Germain and Italian. it will be my pleasure to share with you my knowledge about the connections of the great cultures of the world.
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Our family of 5 took a tour with Helaman on April 9, 2014. It was the best day of our trip. I highly recommend the itinerary that we had. We left our hotel at 7:30 in the morning. Helaman was right on time. The tour bus was very nice. There were 11 of us on the tour. He also provides snacks and cold bottled water for everyone on the tour. Our first stop was Ek Balam, these ruins are unique in that they allow you to walk on them. The site is still under excavation and I can't wait to return years from now and see what else the archeologists have uncovered. After that we went to Chichen Itza--This is a MUST. The knowledge that Helaman has is unparalleled. Something that I appreciate about Helaman is that he does not make information up or come to conclusions that work for his tour or clientele, he is straight up and makes no assumptions. After Chichen, he took us to lunch at a cenote. I was very nervous about swimming in a cenote, but there was not need to be. This cenote is SO BEAUTIFUl, SO CLEAN, AND REFRESHING. The perfect way to end our tour! I appreciate Helaman and highly recommend this tour to any family. Our kids are aged 15,12, and 10 and everyone agrees that it was the best day of our trip.

All reviews
"great tour"
in 11 reviews
"cruise ship"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 5 reviews
"playa del carmen"
in 11 reviews
"favorite part"
"small group"

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We had a great time on a tour of Chichen Itza and Tulum last week. We booked via email with Helaman. Jonathan was our tour guide and he did a great job! We really enjoyed ourselves and would recommend Helaman Tours to any LDS members visiting the Cancun area.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Jonathan from Helaman Tours was fantastic! He was so personable and friendly! He took us to Tulum and gave us a very detailed tour of the site. He was extremely knowledgeable about the history and the religious significance. If you are touring the area you should definitely use this group, especially if you are LDS! Great day!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I recommend the tour to anyone that wants a history of the Tulum ruins. We had Helaman himself and it was eye opening.

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We had Lemuel as a tour guide. What a better tour guide than a Stake President! I don't want to give it all away, but we went to Chichen Itza and Ek Balam. The great thing about Ek Balam is that you can climb on the ruins, while in Chichen Itza you can't. Ek Balam has some very interesting findings. In both places you can find what it looks like baptismal fonts and other things Lemuel can tell you all about it. On the way to the ruins, he would read the scriptures with us, in reference to the places we visited and the things we would see. Highly recommend this, if you want to see things and learn.