“A little gem”

76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“A little gem”
Reviewed 24 September 2010

This little spa is somewhat difficult to find. It is tucked away near one of the beach entrances and the quiet pool. The entrance and main room have little charm--they look just like a beauty salon with mani/pedi stations. The locker rooms are also small but beautifully decorated. However, stepping out of the locker room and walking towards the treatment rooms is amazing! You step onto a clear lucite floor that is suspended about a yard above the subflooring which is covered with river rocks. It is beautiful and dizzying at the same time. The massage practitioner took me by the elbow and guided me as if I was frail or visually -impaired (I am neither.) The massage rooms were well-appointed with an altar-like table in the middle.

I visited the spa twice for massages. The first massage nearly tore my back muscles into pieces. Thankfully the second massage was more relaxing. She did not touch my feet, the front of my legs, my abdomen, or do much work on my arms. The experience left me wondering about the training requirements for massage practitioners in Mexico. But two women I met raved about their facials. The small size of the spa, and perhaps visiting during the off-season, made this a very private experience.

It would have been nice to linger but there was no lounge or relaxation area. They seemed to only want one guest in the locker rooms at a time. So I was pretty much ushered in and out. The price for services is kind of high, but not ridiculous. $110 USD for a 50-minute massage and multi-service packages starting at around $200. For a quick spa experience it was worth a visit.

2 Thank OutWanderin