“Great trip”

Charter Fishing Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a reliable fishing company and we offer a completely personalized services with reasonable and competitive prices. Our boats are eqquiped for sport fishing, with capacity for 8- 12 passengers. For us, safety comes first, that is why we have all the necesary equipment, insurance for passengers and all fishing licenses that requires mexican goverment. The captain and the crew are life experienced. We are hard working and honest people.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 5 April 2013

We took a trip on April 1 and it wasn't an "April fool" The crew works hard to get you on fish We landed 2 sail fish (and saw more after our bait) and a lot of tuna on our trip. Had a great time hats off to our captain Pepe and crew Cuko and Oliver. When you meet Daphney Aubry at the front desk you will feel great and everything she promised she followed through with. Use these guys they are honest a do a great job.

2  Thank 323JeffS

Reviewed 11 March 2013

Five of us (including one child) did a 6-hr fishing trip last week (March 5th), and the whole thing was great from start to finish.
Fernando replied promptly via email to all my questions, reserving the trip and putting down a deposit was simple through paypal. The communication was super all the way through, and the van picked us up at our hotel for the day's trip right on schedule.
We were on their 42-foot boat due to some maintenance being worked on the 38-foot boat we had reserved (larger boat provided at same price as the smaller boat as a result). Captain Roberto and the crew were terrific. They helped us as needed, but when we didn't, they sat back and let us fish. We caught a very nice Wahoo, a big Kingfish, and several barracuda trolling, as well as some small bonitas. Later we switched to bottom-fishing and brought in a great snapper and some small grouper, and a few other assorted small fish. You can tell when a captain is really trying to get you on fish, and when he is just going through the motions and hoping for the best - and I can say for certain that Roberto really cares about getting you on fish, both by the way he and the crew work, and in conversation with him. He loves fishing, and he loves helping you get the most out of your day, and the same can be said for his crew.
The crew cleaned the snapper we caught for us and we dropped it off at the restaurant where we having dinner that night on our way home and they cooked it for us, very tasty.
Everything was provided for - gear, bait, licenses, drinks, etc. Fernando was insistent that he has no hidden fees, and he means it - everything is included in the price he quotes you, which makes it very easy to just book your trip and know that everything is taken care of for you.
I very highly recommend this company, we could not be happier with our day on the water.

4  Thank jcs71
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Us and another couple went out for a 6 hour fishing trip last week February 15th and it was a complete blast! First I would like to say that Fernando's communication during the whole booking process and right up until we went was great. We had a nice day on the sea. We caught some big Mackerel, grouper, red snapper, trigger fish, and some lizard fish. The captain and his deckhand were really great! They were very knowledgeable and they worked very hard to make sure we were catching fish all the time. They didn't have time to relax. They made sure we always had beer and if we were ready for another one. It was the best deep sea fishing trip I have ever been on and I think I can say the same for the rest of our group! I would highly recommend these guys!

1  Thank Kerri S
Reviewed 10 February 2013

9 of us took a trip this past week Feb 6th and it exceeded our expectations. I contacted Fernando back in Jan and he was able to meet our needs for the amount of people, boat and day. They also picked us up from our resort on time and were ready to bring us back to the resort as soon as we returned. Fernando was quick to respond to any of my emails and provided good detail to my quesions. Honestly it was kind of hard to research deep sea fishing, buy I booked with this company based on others reviews and we had such a great experience we could not be happier and would definitely book with this company again. We caught a variety of fish and moved to multiple fishing spots. The guys who took us out were great fisherman, we caught queen trigger, bonito, red snapper, barracude and grouper. When we returned Fernando was there to greet us and made sure our experience was positive. The only down side was the bathroom was out of soap/water.

1  Thank amy h
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I'll start by saying we had very low expectations bc we chose to go on the cheapest option (we're not HUGE fishermen...just do it every now and again on beach vacays) the Shared fishing one...VERY cheap. We got lucky though bc the two other couples that joined us were very pleasant and fun! So there were six of us, lots of coronas (included) and a HECK of a lot of fishes. I will warn you though, that these guys do spend the first hour or so of the trip fishing for bait..which all of us were fine with. But I can see how it may annoy others if they're used to just getting right to the fishing. At any rate...each of us had the opportunity to catch 2 each...and boy did we have variety...i can't remember all of them that we caught, but it was a mix of lots of different fishes and sizes. The crew knew what they were doing and how to catch fish...they were friendly and always ready to fill your empty hand w/ another beer. There were no snacks served on the boat though, so keep that in mind as we had bought something beforehand and were glad we did.
OK...so the reason I couldnt' give a five..even though I really wanted to...was because at the end of the trip two things were kinda crappy.
We were done with the fishing and were headed back to the marina, when they told us we had to stop off for gas or we wouldnt' be able to make it back to the dock. First of all, we're not idiots, it was pretty evident to me that they stopped to get the gas becasue it was on the way back to the marina, this way, they wouldn't have to drop us off and then backtrack to get gas. If they had simply stated that fact, maybe I wouldn't have been quite as annoyed with the 20 minute waiting to get gas, sitting there and smelling the fumes as there were two boats in front of us. Yuck!
And then the 2nd thing that happened, probably worse. So they advertise that the fish you catch they will fillet and give to you to take. Well, one would only assume that you get to take ALL the fish you catch with you right? Get this - in our group we caught a variety, small to big. the biggest one (was one I actually caught)...a Rockfish weighing about 60 pounds...i've never had any rockfish so i was pretty excited about it. Well as we were riding back to the marina and the guy was filleting the fish, I noticed he didn't fillet the rockfish...so I asked him why? and he said "not good to eat, it is too big which means it has worms." We are all like...what?! So I say,I just want to take a little bit to taste...and the other crew guy chimed in about how it would poison us and we would get sick. I clearly suspected that this was a ploy so that they could sell the fish themselves. and at the time, I was in too good a mood to let anythign really get me riled up (maybe the fumes from the gas hahaha) so we let it go...although I know we were all feeling a bit jipped i think!!
Anyways...when we got back to our hotel, the concierge told us that a rockfish like that (whole, not cut up) could sell on the market for $200...so we chocked it up to...a great tip. The fish we did bring back ..we had our hotel chef make up like 5 different dishes (w/ 6 diff types of fish)...it was freaking delish!!!!!!! highly recommend you do this (Westin did this for a minimal fee)

OK...so yea, now I feel bad bc overall...this really was such a fun trip bc we caught so many fish and so many different kinds...and they really do try to give a great experience. But those two things were definitely worth mentioning. CERTAINLY for the price we paid ($125 per person)...this was an A+ but not tripadvisor worthy 5 stars.

8  Thank Nora R