“Very Informative Guide, Good Value Tour”
Review of Cancun Duck Tours

Cancun Duck Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the famous Cancun Duck Tours and jump aboard for a fun & cultural land and water adventure of the city, yes! Our duck goes right into the water and you would never imagine that learning history and facts would be so exciting! We really suggest to book in advance, our tours fill up quickly.
Reviewed 1 December 2012

After a few hectic days, we decided to do the Cancun Duck Tours. I found this excursion online prior to our trip and put it on our to do list. The price has gone up to $33, but worth while. We first spent some time shopping at La Isla Shopping Center and bought our tickets at the kiosk at the entrance of the shopping center. The guy at the kiosk was very friendly & helpful, and took a genuine interest in Canadians which we were happy to talk with him about. The tour guide was also very friendly and informative about Cancun and the El Rey ruins. The tour runs along Blvd. Kukulkan, in the Nichupte Lagoon, and to the El Rey Ruins. Time well spent, and an enjoyable day. Cancun Duck tours has a website where you can find more information.

1  Thank Grid27

Reviewed 22 November 2012

We stayed at an all-inclusive resort, so we were just looking for a little something different to break up our stay and found the Duck Tour on the internet. It is a reasonably priced and fun tour that goes through the city and then goes in the water for a tour around the lagoon. Our guide was very informative (sorry I cannot remember his name) and did a nice job of telling history and answering questions. The only thing that was somewhat of a gliche was that when we called to make a reservation (the internet wanted a 3-day prior to departure reservation) the person we talked to said we could use a credit card at the boarding point (las islas shopping center kiosk), but when we got there, the rep had left and we needed to pay cash, so luckily we had brought enough cash to pay. We had walked from our resort, so it would have been a problem to go back for it...just a miscommunication. I would recommend this tour.

Reviewed 20 October 2012

Myself and my friend went on this tour last week. It was something different to do in Cancun and very interesting. The guide on the tour was very informative and knew what he was talking about. We were surprised that our tour still went ahead as we were the only 2 people on the tour. The tour takes you into the Nichupte Lagoon then onto the Mayan Ruins - El Rey which is a lovely spot close to the end of Cancun's Hotel zone. We were on the tour for around 2 hours in total before returning to La Isla shopping mall. I would recommend this tour.

1  Thank f3claire
Reviewed 8 October 2012

did this tour with my teenager, and it ended up just being us 2 and some guy from another country. There was supposed to be more but a large group ended up being a no show The tour guide was a ton of fun, I don't remember his name but he was from Guadalajara. He had a lot of great info and history to share. He was also funny and very personable, just simply sat there with us and kept it all low key. My only complaint was we didn't get our full 90 mins. Because the tour guide was waiting on the large group we ended up having a delayed start of 30 mins which he kept asking me if I minded and I said no. I just didn't expect that late start of 30 mins meant I would only get a 60 minute tour.

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 August 2012

If you need something to do to take a break from the beach, Cancun Duck Tours is a 90 minute tour via amphibious vehicle. The guide will talk about various sites and history of the area, then the bus enters the water for a short float around the lagoon and mangroves. During the 1pm tour, you also get to stop at the El Rey ruins for a visit. The trip costs $27 for adults and was a fun way to get a taste of the area.

2  Thank blurred1