Lowest prices for your stay
Trip.com
US$72
Lol.travelUS$75
Hotels.com
eDreams
All reviews hotel zone the penthouse buses run close to the airport pesos lagoon units liquor
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 October 2016

My husband, daughter, and I visited here in Feb 2015. We booked through a private owner on AIRBNB. It was a road facing condo, but it had a nice balcony with a lagoon and sunset view. The location was very convenient, close to bus and a convenience store. The beach was beautiful, but quite choppy during our stay. The pool was basic but since it was not busy, it wasn't too difficult to find chairs. We didn't have access to the all-inclusive portion and did our own cooking. That worked pretty good, though the kitchen was underwhelming. The room was cleaned fairly often. This was a great discount vacation for our family, not a luxury retreat. It was a great way to escape the snow in the middle of winter.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank NovaScotiaAnniero
Reviewed 27 September 2016

Got this place on Air B&B. The hotel is old but the condo that I rented was really good. Clean, tidy, well furnished and the best view of the amazing caribean sea.

If youll rent a condo in B&B, check the pictures and reviews. I got an excellent deal and got a great value place.

I got an amazing experience.

The only problem if you have no car or dont like to walk or taing buses, is that this hotel its bit far from malls and clubs at Punta Cancun. Beside that, its great!.

Room tip: Rooms in the second tower have amazing views.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 209charlied
Reviewed 13 September 2016

Was "OK" internet didn't work you had to sit close to the bar area to get any internet signal. TV didn't work for a few days. But one thing I can say is if your looking for a beach area where you can enjoy the water this is it! Always able to swim in this location of Cancun. Definitely not a top condo/resort of my choice. Price was OK but not worth paying for again. The restaurant at this location was no good. For sure nothing in walking distance (Restaurants) near by not many... Overall we did love Cancun!

Date of stay: April 2016
1  Thank MSei1981
Reviewed 22 August 2016

We have been costumers for many years, almost 6 years. Each year we get the best deals from our hostes Carolyn and Alejandro. They are so helpful and they try to makes us feel as comfortable as they can. We don't doubt to recommend them as hostes. They are the best. Each year we rent more rooms for our family and if we could we would staly longer. Thank you Carolyn and Alejandro for making our vacations the best in Cancun!!!

Room tip: Book in advance and you get what you want.
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Patricia P
Reviewed 4 August 2016

We rented condo #1405 from the owner (Lynette Anderson) for the week of July 23-30, 2016. There was someone at the resort ready to greet us when we arrived & showed us the grounds & room right away...her name was Miriam. Miriam was awesome. She was available as a source & for any questions we had or needs such as beach towels. The room was as promised...renovated & had everything we needed for a comfortable week (beds, kitchen, bathroom/shower, a safe, beach towels, wifi, & even a water cooler with fresh water). The view from the room was just awesome. It had a small balcony with 2 chairs and a table...plenty of room to sit & relax with a drink. The room was cleaned on Tuesday & towels were changed out in the bathroom as well. We were able to exchange beach towels everyday in room 1307 which is the room Miriam worked out of. You can't go wrong renting this condo.
The resort Solymar is older, but I think it's in great shape. It is quaint, quiet, & clean. The grounds & the beach are beautiful & well kept. There were men raking up seaweed every morning to make the beach as enjoyable as possible for the guests. Getting a lounge chair on the beach could sometimes be a chore. The "lounge chair boy" can be kind of unpleasant, but I don't blame him because he has to literally walk to the front side of the resort to get the brown chaise lounges for the condo guests. He carries them down the stairs & delivers and sets them up for you. I tipped him every time, but I never saw anyone else tip him, which I am sure is aggravating for him. Give the guy a $1 sheesh.
The food & drink...well...it's not great. We decided to do the AI the 2nd day we were there. The clerk said it was $60 USD each, but when I charged it in pesos to my credit card, the statement shows it to be about $51.50 each. The drinks were watered down & the food in the restaurant up by the pool was not good. The best food we had in the there was an omelette at breakfast. If you want to know if I thought the AI was worth it...then NO. Needless to say we never purchased it again.
We ate breakfast & lunch in the room & dinner always out.
Take the public bus for 10.5 pesos!
Restaurants recommended: Tacos y Tequila at La Isla Mall & Mextreme at the top of the 7...by the supermarket Chedruai. We had the fish tacos & guacamole at Tacos y Tequila both were very good. At Mextreme we had the Steak Tacos both times we ate dinner there as well as the guacamole & the chicken nachos... all were very good. We also ate breakfast there. The Molcajete was PHENOM! It is a must have!!!
We did not like Pizzeria la Pizzarra or Mr Papas at La Isla. The Pizza place was NOT GOOD! Maybe we are spoiled with good pizza or something where we are from. We ate at Mr. Papas for breakfast and ordered the omelette with everything...except everything was about 75% spinach and zero meat! I don't recommend either place.
Take a day and travel to Isla Mujeres and rent a golf cart! Visit the local places and enjoy a full day!
We also took a day and travelled to Cozumel via the public bus from Cancun to Playa del Carmen, then the Ferry over. We rented a jeep in Cozumel for the day with some friends we met there who were staying in Playa. Fun day at the beach, reef, and bars.

Room tip: Best Bang for your BUCK!
Date of stay: July 2016