Visited this resort in April 2013 for 7 nights with my fiancé and his parents. We were happy with the resort, and the location. The hotel is close to the airport, and we had a great time while we were there.
- The room was clean, had a great working air conditioner (which is a definite positive, as my fiancé likes to keep the room at 65 degrees). Housekeeping gave us great attention and made sure that the room was clean and picked up daily.
- There was never a shortage of food. Breakfast was great in the morning and there was a lot of options for made-to-order omelettes and other breakfast specials. The spinach and cream cheese omelet with jalapenos and salsa was WONDERFUL. I loved it so much I requested it another day when it was not on the menu and the staff was accommodating and made it anyway. We had lunch most days at the pool. Or at the pool next door. Dinner was great in the restaurant off of the lobby. The food was delicious and if you ordered something that you didn't like, they were more than happy to bring you another entrée. Snacks and poolside beverages were good as well.
- The resort allows you to use the facility next door, which is a definitely a plus side to this property, as we all felt that there was not any entertainment at the GR Caribe. Next door, there was a MUCH MUCH larger pool, and there was always something going on there with the entertainment, games, etc. There was also a swim up bar at the property next door, something that our property was lacking.
- If you are a drinker and you like to drink, get a little tipsy and let loose, this is NOT the resort for you. Their alcohol is NOT top shelf, and it is watered down. We are liquor and wine connoisseurs, and I could tell by only SMELLING the alcohol that it was watered down. This suspicion was then later confirmed by one of the bartenders at the GR Solaris, who confirmed our suspicions that they in fact were diluting their booze.
- There is no entertainment at this resort. Their idea of entertainment was bingo at the pool.
- The pool is literally the same size as our personal pool at our home. It is small and nothing much to it. The pool chairs and loungers were, however, nice.
Overall, just average. Had a great time with my fiancé and our parents, but probably would not likely stay here again.
Tips: If you want to go to town, take the bus. It picks up right outside of the hotel main entrance and a ride is only $1.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GR Caribe by Solaris, Deluxe All Inclusive Resort, features a unique and elegant Mediterranean architecture, stylish interiors in a casual and relaxed atmosphere. A Luxury family friendly resort that has it all. The property features 200 luxurious guestrooms and suites, most of them with breathtaking ocean or lagoon views. Imported drinks and use of all facilities and services of sister resort Royal Solaris Cancun (located next door).This private resort is unique in its kind in all Cancun and the Mexican Caribbean. A Luxury family friendly resort that has it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your GR Caribe by Solaris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gr Caribe By Solaris Cancun Hotel Cancun