“Great location”
Review of ibis Cancun Centro

ibis Cancun Centro
Ranked #86 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I stayed here my first night in Cancun, and my last night when I back in town a few weeks later. Hotel is in a good location, rooms are clean and modern, and the price is very reasonable for what you get. Staff speak English, and are very helpful. Also the restaurant just outside the hotel serves really good food, so if you arrive late I would highly recommend it.

1  Thank Dave T
Write a ReviewReviews (1,150)

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Staff at this IBIS hotel are fantastic. All of them speak english. They are freindly and helpful. It is located in the center of Cancun. In front of the a very big mall with all facilities. Room are not so big and new but ok. There is a ADO bus office in front of the door. Breakfast is both warm and cold and is very good. The best thing at this hotel is absolutely staff.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

I stayed one night recently after missing a connection via Panama City. This property was a typical ibis, clean, comfortable, room laid out like all ibis rooms. The pillows could use some updating. The staff was welcoming and helpful. The front lobby had 2 computers for guest use. Around the corner from the lobby was a grocery store. I did not experience breakfast as it was not included with the price I paid for my room. My stay was quiet and comfortable and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank AdventureLass
Reviewed 12 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We stayed a couple of nights before picking up a car and heading out to explore as much of Mexico as possible. Overall our stay was very good. It's a standard Ibis - same room size and layout. Yes, the rooms are compact but have everything you need.

The bed was a bit bouncy but comfortable (once I took the plastic mattresses protector off). And yes, they should just throw out the old towels and get new ones! The air con made the room smell fairly unpleasant but I changed the setting to 'dry cold' which seemed to improve it. Service was quite slow and not especially friendly but OK.

I thought breakfast was good (it was included in the advanced rate that I had). The Mexican buffet options were tasty, the fruit was welcome and you could have cereal, toast and yogurt.

We couldn't find many dining options close by (there is an Italian next door but we wanted local food). Quite sadly we ended up in the foodcourt in the mall across the road on both nights but it wasn't too bad, especially given we were only wanting a snack to go with our jetlag. The food we had was quite good, just no ambience. But it's not far or expensive to get a cab downtown for more exciting options.

We got there by bus from the airport. We took the ADO public bus (turn right as you leave the terminal and keep walking. You'll see a ticket desk on the right. It cost 60 MXD each to the bus station in town). The bus takes about 30 minutes without stopping. We got a cab from there (walk to the roadside for a better rate, the ones at the bus station charge more. It should be about 30MXD to the hotel).

For the right price this is a good option if you find yourself in Cancun for a night two and don't want to spend it at the overpriced and overcrowded beach.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We spent a night here before heading to Playa del Carmem, it was convenient. The room is small but clean. I agree with the person who said that the towels are horrible, they really are very old and not what you would expect at Ibis. Breakfast is ok, but I think you can probably eat better elsewhere for 100 pesos.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
IbisCancunC, Gerente at ibis Cancun Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address this situation and prevent future occurrence.

M. Rodriguez
GM Ibis Cancun Centro

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I had expected a standard IBIS experience having stayed in IBISes in many countries. This one was a bit disappointing though. The room was clean but the bed quality was bad. The towels were terrible. They looked like they were a few years old. The front-desk staff although friendly didn't speak a lot of English. The breakfast wasn't anything great and you have to pay MX100 for it. I only stayed for one night. So, it was bearable.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
IbisCancunC, Gerente at ibis Cancun Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience in our hotel, all our linen in changed regularly and we will check on this with our inventories to take action and avoid this situation in the future

Hope you can see the difference in your next stay, have a nice day

M. Rodriguez