We just returned from 5 nights here. I am a platinum premier member and used 285k points for a regular room with Club 95 access.
Check in: pick up from airport was provided by club 95. Arrived at 2:30 and room was not ready... The place was maybe half full. We were told to leave and come back at 4:00. They knew when we were coming since they picked us up. No offer to stay in the lounge, no drink. We got a regular room, no upgrade although they were not full at all.
Pool/service: stayed by the adults only pool. Had to reserve chairs by 7:00 or 8:00 am. It got pretty full by 11:00. Service was good enough but not great. We had to hunt down our waiter, Edwin, numerous times. We had to vacate the adult pool one day at 4:00 for an event. No drink, just pack up and move.
Club 95: food was frequent, 6 servings from morning to night. No outside seating. It was small. The food was good but you eat very quickly (it's a buffet)....not a good choice if you like a dining experience. We tipped at every meal, but it didn't make any difference. Can only take water and coffee out of the club.
Room: nice view of the ocean and the bay. Great balcony! Small sofa. Comfy bed. Good housekeeping service. (We tipped)
Overall: slow paced, relaxing and beautiful views. Just what we were looking for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, an oceanfront haven of unparalleled sophistication, impeccable service and warm Mexican hospitality designed for today’s most discerning travelers. Sumptuous comfort, chic residential styling and glorious waterfront views distinguish every room. Abundant taste marks every dining experience, from casual to elegant, and indulgent charm distinguishes each and every day. Relax on a spectacular beach kissed by the sun and caressed by the sparkling waters of the Caribbean. Stroll through traditional markets ablaze with color or listen to the lullaby of the ocean surf from your private balcony overlooking the sea. With its powdery sand beaches and ancient Mayan mysteries, Cancun will dazzle your senses ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Marriott, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Jw Marriott Cancun Resort
- Cancun Marriott