We stayed here 1/10/14 to 1/16/14. The price we got was pretty good and hard to beat considering it's a nice Marriott. We travel a lot and have stayed in Cancun many times so we have enough to compare to. The hotel and the grounds are nice. The rooms are clean and nice as well. The service was good and the hotel manager, Miguel, made us feel welcomed. The beach and pool are were very nice and there weren't too many children. We found out after a couple days that there is an "adults only" pool area on the other side of the hotel which was great. We slept with the sliders open and falling asleep to the crashing waves is the best. If I had to mention my dislikes, it would be petty things. 1. The food is expensive. $20 for a burger and small portion of fries. A can of soda was close to $5. Breakfast buffet was close to $30/person. A no name linen shirt in the gift shop was over $200! Unreal. The food overall was good. WiFi is extra. I think it was about $10/day but free in the lobby so every evening, everyone was in the lobby lounging around on the phones and laptops. I would stay here again but I will admit, the food in Cancun is getting pricey and the restaurants seem to be disappearing. I think next time, I will seek to do an all inclusive. The best one we've ever tried is Excellence Playa Mujeres. We've done the Rivera Maya one but Playa Mujeres is better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, an oceanfront haven of unparalleled sophistication, impeccable service and warm Mexican hospitality designed for today’s most discerning travelers. Sumptuous comfort, chic residential styling and glorious waterfront views distinguish every room at our hotel in Cancun, Mexico. Abundant taste marks every dining experience, from casual to elegant, and indulgent charm distinguishes each and every day. Relax on a spectacular beach kissed by the sun and caressed by the sparkling waters of the Caribbean. Stroll through traditional markets ablaze with color or listen to the lullaby of the ocean surf from your private balcony overlooking the sea. With its powdery sand beaches and ancient Mayan mysteries, Cancun will dazzle your senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Expedia, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Jw Marriott Cancun Resort
- Cancun Marriott