Just got back from this hotel....5 nights on Club 91 Level with a friend. I am Marriott Lifetime Platinum.....Easiest is to break it down into Pros and Cons
Pros: Gorgeous Water, Location, Very Nice Beach. Room has spectacular view of Ocean. Club 91 upgrade offered some nice perks (14th floor room, Food and Beverage, Airport Transportation) Housekeeping was efficient and good. Gym is fantastic for a hotel gym. Clean, large and with a good variety of equipment.
Cons: As others have mentioned Front Desk Staff and Frankly Club 91 staff was just "okay". The cons really lie around the fact that it felt like they were "managing" the food too much. Nothing was replenished quickly when gone or empty. Bar was often unstaffed. It felt like they were trying to make sure you didnt eat as much (and we are not "big" eaters). They are the Soup Nazi when it comes to even taking a muffin out the door which is a little absurd in my mind. I have stayed at similar clubs in other parts of the world and never experienced this. (at other JW properties). The club also has NO outdoor space as they have closed in the balconies. Not a fan.Another con would be the uncomfortable loungers on the beach. They need an upgrade for sure. Finally, this is an odd comment, but I (and other guests) were frankly horrified to see the lack of safety for the employees enforced. For example, men on the roof making repairs and on scaffoldings 4 stories high with NO safety harnesses. I know it is not the US, but I was actually sick to my stomach as the workers were working right outside the window of the gym and it was very scary. To me, it does not matter WHAT the Mexican government requires, Marriott should be concerned for the safety of the workers. (And to prevent the trauma of guests who could potentially witness a tragic accident).
All in all, this is my third trip. The beach has been largely restored which was a really plus over my last visit. I would visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, an oceanfront haven of unparalleled sophistication, impeccable service and warm Mexican hospitality designed for today’s most discerning travelers. Sumptuous comfort, chic residential styling and glorious waterfront views distinguish every room. Abundant taste marks every dining experience, from casual to elegant, and indulgent charm distinguishes each and every day. Relax on a spectacular beach kissed by the sun and caressed by the sparkling waters of the Caribbean. Stroll through traditional markets ablaze with color or listen to the lullaby of the ocean surf from your private balcony overlooking the sea. With its powdery sand beaches and ancient Mayan mysteries, Cancun will dazzle your senses ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Jw Marriott Cancun Resort
- Cancun Marriott