I was so excited when my husband told me that he booked a three night trip for our one year wedding anniversary.
Fortunately I had an amazing time simply because I got to spend time with him. Unfortunately the JW proved to be underwhelming at best.
The front desk staff including the concierge are rude and unwelcoming. Apparently they don't feel it is within their job description to be asked questions by guests.
The beds are terribly uncomfortable.
THE ROOM SERVICE IS TERRIBLE - I GOT SOMETHING SIMPLE - THE GRILLED CHEESE WILL MAKE YOU WANT TO BARF! The breakfast is good but it will cost you $60 each morning.
Make sure you have a big budget for cocktails!!!!! We are not cheap by any means but the price of drinks is outrageous. A bucket of 6 "Pacifico" beers will cost you 50 USD and if you want a margarita it will cost you a whopping $20 bucks - for a regular sized drink.
On top of that the hotel's system went down during our stay and as of today 2/20 (we checked out on Monday Feb 17th) it still has not come back online and we don't have a final invoice of what they will charge us.
On a positive note the view of the ocean from the balcony is beautiful and the hotel is within walking distance of several great Seafood restaurants! Try out the CrabHouse and Fred's - you will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, an oceanfront haven of unparalleled sophistication, impeccable service and warm Mexican hospitality designed for today’s most discerning travelers. Sumptuous comfort, chic residential styling and glorious waterfront views distinguish every room. Abundant taste marks every dining experience, from casual to elegant, and indulgent charm distinguishes each and every day. Relax on a spectacular beach kissed by the sun and caressed by the sparkling waters of the Caribbean. Stroll through traditional markets ablaze with color or listen to the lullaby of the ocean surf from your private balcony overlooking the sea. With its powdery sand beaches and ancient Mayan mysteries, Cancun will dazzle your senses ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Jw Marriott Cancun Resort
- Cancun Marriott