My husband and I spent a lovely 5 nights at this beautiful resort in January. The service was truly outstanding......the employees at the front desk, the informative young man who brought up our luggage, the people at the consierge desk and the restaurant employees.
Our room on the 8th floor was a decent size, clean, well appointed and nicely decorated with an ample balcony and a direct view of the sea. We were on the side of the resort overlooking the adult pool. However, I was not crazy about the "Y shape" design of the building as we had a wall of balcony rooms directly to our left which felt a bit claustrophobic. On the other side of the hotel overlooking the infinity pool, you may be able to get a more open feeling view, however you face the neighboring Hard Rock Hotel, not the prettiest sight.
The grounds are very nicely maintained. The pools are wonderful, most especially the heated infinity pool with its incredible view. What a wonderful pool!
We had dinner one evening in the Italian restaurant and it was reasonably priced and very good. We also had the breakfast buffet one morning, also very good.
The only aspect of this resort that did not warrant 4 or 5 stars is the "club level". Although at the resort on points (we are Platinum level), we paid extra to be able to partake in the club level which included breakfast, cocktails, appetizers and a light dinner. It just wasn't worth it and we canceled after 2 nights. I think we were spoiled having just stayed at the Marriott's club level in Istanbul - now that was something!
Overall, this is a great resort.......enjoy your stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, an oceanfront haven of unparalleled sophistication, impeccable service and warm Mexican hospitality designed for today’s most discerning travelers. Sumptuous comfort, chic residential styling and glorious waterfront views distinguish every room. Abundant taste marks every dining experience, from casual to elegant, and indulgent charm distinguishes each and every day. Relax on a spectacular beach kissed by the sun and caressed by the sparkling waters of the Caribbean. Stroll through traditional markets ablaze with color or listen to the lullaby of the ocean surf from your private balcony overlooking the sea. With its powdery sand beaches and ancient Mayan mysteries, Cancun will dazzle your senses ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Jw Marriott Cancun Resort
- Cancun Marriott