“Absolutely Fantastic!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Houston
“Absolutely Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Originally we booked at the sister property Marriott Casa Magma. We booked two Ocean View rooms with a package that included internet, airport transfers and a $50.00/per resort credit. Before my departure, I noticed that my reservations were changed to the J.W. Marriott and was a bit skeptical as to if I would really receive the same package and ocean view room as promised, since we were upgraded in Hotel. We were not disappointed at all, very very pleased! The airport transfer was prompt and was a private Expedition. At the hotel, we received all benefits promised and were very pleased with the Premium Ocean view Balcony room. The service was excellent. As we were swimming and taking frequent baths, we were happy to see that our towels were replenished at the evening turn down service. The internet speed and connection exceeded our expectations. My son was even able to use Youtube and Spotify.
With the $50/day resort credit, we were able to eat either the incredible fresh bakery goods at the store/deli and enjoy perfectly brewed coffee, or for lunch we had delicious meat wraps or the Cubano grilled sandwiches, along with Coca colas and gelatos! When I bought sunscreen at the resort store which was not waterproof, the clerk was nice to refund my money after I explained my mistake. For dinner the first night, we dined at Freds marina, It is literally across the street from the Hotel. They serve the best grilled fish I had ever eaten, though, it was a bit pricey, but worth it for the ambiance and the gourmet food. Over all, everything was absolutely fantastic!

Room Tip: Ocean View balcony, you will not be disappointed! Also, look for a package deal that includes airpor...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Laempress
MarriottCancun, Hotel Manager at JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Laempress:
I´m glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay in our property and that our facilities and service was what you expected and deserved. Did you have time to dine with us at the Hotel? We are proud of our 2 different specialty restaurants; one of them is Sedona Grill, the only Southwestern Cuisine in Cancun that opens for Breakfast, Lunch and dinner.
Again many thanks for your kind comments
Manuel Magaña / Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (944)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Visited the JW Marriott for 5 nights arriving May 28, 2014. From the moment we arrived we were greeted by friendly employees. From the bellman, to the waiters at the adult pool, and the restaurants, everyone went above and beyond to make sure our every need was met with a friendly smile. Enjoyed the Lobby Lounge in the evenings, with live music. The beach right in front of the resort was so clean, beautiful white sand and turquoise water. Had 2 rooms on the 12th floor with great views. Clean, well maintained hotel and all the food we had was very good and priced as one would expect at a resort. We will return for sure.

Room Tip: High floor was quiet
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Dan P
Dear Dan p:
We thank you for having stayed in our property and for let us know about the service of our staff, they strive every day to make our guest feel at home and they really appreciate the recognition.
I hope to see you soon in Cancun!.
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I arrived at the JW Marriott Cancun with much trepidation in January because I had heard after I booked the trip that January is one of their rainiest months! Mother nature must have been looking out for me because my entire stay was filled with warm, sunny days. The JW's beach and pool area are very beautiful. Make sure you get up early morning to see the sunrise it is absolutely stunning!! There is a separate area for sunning that is for adults only that faces the beach and has the most comfortable wrought iron plush lounge chairs I have ever laid on. There are various restaurant options available as well as a deli that is open from early till late for lighter fare throughout the day. The outdoor pool's greatest feature is that it is HEATED and in January when it can be a little cool that was an unexpected luxury that I really, really appreciated. The beach is also beautiful with a lot of palapas lined up so you can go back and forth from pool to beach and always find a spot to sit in. They offer free wi-fi in the lobby and you can purchase it daily for in room use as well. My room was very beautiful with a large bathroom that had beautiful wooden fixtures and lovely Mexican ceramics throughout.
To easily get around the strip all you have to do is walk outside and right next door is the Hard Rock Hotel and the bus stops there to pick up passengers for a few pesos and it drops you off on your return right across the way. You can make it to the main strip where all the restaurants and clubs are located in 10 minutes but have the luxury of being a little bit away from it if you'd rather relax. I will definitely be frequenting the JW Marriott on future Cancun vacation.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank metro6512
Dear metro6512:

Glad to know that your stay was so good, in fact as mentioned Cancun is a wonderful destination, its weather is unique! and also we are fortunate to be well located. It is great to see that we pass beyond your expectation! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience about our Resort.
I will be more than happy to welcome you again
Warmest Regards
Great Falls, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Ok, I am here at the hotel now as I write this, very nice hotel.... we are usually staying next door at CascaMagna but this time me and wife are solo(no kids!!!) room is nice with great view of ocean no matter what room you pick. we are in room 533.... all is well we considered the Club 91 but decided not to take a great deal for it because wife likes to explore other resturants in area. but I think it is a great deal if you come at off season like we are this year. just a suggestion if your not filthy rich.. do not buy anything in gift shop! we purchased 2 bags of chips and 2 small bottles of orange juice and it was 470 pesos!!!!! my steak dinner was only 500 pesos.. Lol otherwise very good service

Room Tip: buy your snacks accross the street at 7eleven
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MIKE D
Dear dia480:
First of all thank you for your trust and loyalty in Marriott.
I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed the service and facilities of JW Marriott Cancun Resort &Spa and that your experience was as expected.
Thank you for your feedback regarding the gift shop. Hope to welcome you again soon.
Warmest Regards
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

First of all, I want to say that we really enjoyed our visit to Cancun and staying at this resort. I was there with my 2 teenage children ages 13 and 15. I think if you understand the history, it might help with some of the complaints I have seen. This hotel was a Category 6 until about a year ago when Marriott added and category level and upgraded the hotel to a Category 7. That being said, for those of us that stay in a lot of Marriotts this hotel has the feel (and beds) of a Category 6 and not a 7. We stayed in a JW Luxury Suite. We were on the 3rd floor and the view was excellent. I would say that it's not necessary to have a fit at the front desk if you don't get a high floor. We are Platinum members and the hotel does not upgrade suites, so by booking the JW Luxury Suite we could only be upgraded in room location or view. The whole Platinum benefit plan is unique at this hotel. They do not have a Concierge Lounge so they give you a discount off breakfast and 2 free coffees in the market. You also receive a discount off items purchased in the market. So, in terms of budget, plan to buy your breakfast. We felt the staff was excellent, had a great attitude and made our stay enjoyable. The hotel is quiet. There is no music at the pool and there are no planned activities. If you are looking for this, stay at a different hotel. The pool area is great. We didn't have a problem getting a chair and the beach is wonderful. They have a life guard which is comforting. All in all it was a great stay and we would go back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank la2011
Dear la2011:

I really appreciate your time in sharing with us your experience; we value the feedback regarding our hotel category and thank you very much for the comments about our staff, their daily goal is create lasting experiences. I´m glad that you enjoy the pool area and I look forward to welcome you again in further trips to Cancun.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband & I, travel to many places during a year. But, the best experience we had was at JW Marriott in Cancun, Mexico! The staff of the hotel made our 8 days vacation soooo very special!! From Doorman "Luis", to Bellman " Marcos", Bartender at the lobby bar "Freddy", waiters at Sedona Grill specially " Carlos", waiters at the beach walk restaurant specially " Jesus", staff at the Mikado restaurants, a nice singer at the lobby lounge, staff at the front desk, and cleaning lady " Merceses", they all made this vacation relaxing and wonderful!! We believe that the nice and friendly staff make this hotel very special!! We will go back again very very soon!! :-)
Mr. & Mrs. Cole

Room Tip: Make sure request a fully ocean front view at the front desk, if it's in your budget! Many rooms...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I decided to spend a night in Cancun on my way back from Playa del Carmen. The hotel is everything you can ask for in a JW Marriott. Great service at a top notch facility. As others have reported there are multiple pools for your use and the hotel and the breakfast spread at the Sedona Grill should not be missed, staff was excellent and catered to my every need, rebooked for July.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo