“Favorite resort in Cancun!”

JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa
Ranked #11 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We just got back from an amazing week in Cancun and can't say enough about the wonderful experience we had at the JW Marriott. I have stayed at several different resorts in Cancun and this was head and shoulders above the rest. It was my husband's first trip to Cancun and he loved it. The property is absolutely spotless, from the lobby to the guest rooms to the beautiful pools and beach. The staff could not have been nicer or more efficient, always greeting us with genuine smiles. We had a particularly nice experience with Reuben, who was the first person to wait on us at the Beachwalk Restaurant and then waited on us poolside repeatedly through the week. He always remembered our name and welcomed us warmly every time we saw him. He even helped our daughter practice her Spanish. What an asset he is!

They were changing out the pool chairs while we were there and we got to enjoy the new ones on our last day. They were so comfy I didn't think we were going to ever return to our room!

The food was very good at the Sedona Grill, where we enjoyed the breakfast several times, and at the Beachwalk. We did not try Gustino while we were there but it was a beautiful restaurant. The banana daiquiris were particular favorites poolside, as were the peach smoothies.

The only gripe that we had, if you can call it that, was that the water pressure in the shower was so strong that once we had let the sun "kiss" our skin for a day or two, it hurt to stand under the water.

We would definitely recommend the JW Marriott to anyone!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Laura D
MarriottCancun, Hotel Manager at JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Laura D:
Amazing review! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us, Glad your stay was satisfactory! In JW Marriott Cancun we strive every day to create unique experiences to all of our guests, I´m pleased that we made that happen with you and your family. I will let Ruben know about the wonderful comments you have made of him on this review. You need to come back again and try the new super comfy beach chairs!!!! Next time in Cancún I highly recommend to try our 4 diamond awarded restaurant Gustino, I’m sure you will love it”
Manuel Magaña / Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,475)

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Just got back from an amazing family vacation at the JW Marriott.
The ladies up in the Club 91 couldn't have been nicer (and the young men bartending in the evening). We had a large family group which included 2 infants and two other children ages 6&9, and we were showered with attention!
The pool area and beach are the nicest that you will find in Cancun! They were just putting out
super nice beach chairs on our last day! All rooms have an ocean view--the rooms overlooking the pool are great because you see not only the ocean, but also have a nice view of the bay in the background as well .You have a view of the entire beach and other hotels for miles.. Service at the pool was also very attentive. We loved it. The only mistake that we made was in taking a side trip to Isla Mujeres --couldn't wait to get back to the JW.

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool is great because you also have a view of the bay in the background. We never r...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Frisco

Dear Frisco:
I am happy to read that we exceed your expectations! Thanks for choosing JW Marriott Cancun for your family trip, is nice to see you enjoy your stay and the facilities and service did not disappoint at all. Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding the staff, especially the ladies of Club 91 and Beachwalk waiters, I will let them know about the comments you have made of them. I´m glad you enjoyed the stunning’s views of the Mexican Caribbean ! Hope we can welcome you again!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

From the moment we stepped into the JW Marriott Cancun we were overwhelmed with their hospitality and service. The servers at the oceanside grille were extremely efficient and quick. We ate in the Italian restaurant on site. teh food was delictable. We had the outdoor spa experience as well...perfect!

Our check in and check out process were both easy and correct.

Loved every minute of our stay...THANK YOU!

Room Tip: spend the extra money to get the ocean view...its worth it!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Dawnn2Duskk
MarriottCancun, Hotel Manager at JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Dawnn2Duskk:
I´m so happy to know that we exceed your expectations! And that our service and facilities was what you deserve and expected. Thank you for your feedback about our Beachwalk staff they strive every day to create unique experiences to our guest and they really appreciate recognition. Regarding Gustino, our 4 Diamond Awarded Restaurant I really appreciate your warmest comments y will love to welcome you again in JW Marriott Cancun and Gustino. Hope to see you soon in Cancun

Reviewed 20 July 2014

What a surprise the Italian restaurant was. I have travelled for 40 years and this is the best restaurant ever. Hard to believe because I eat out 270 days per year 3 meals per day for 41 years on average and to think I would find it here shocked me somewhat but in a very good way. I ate there three times with my staff and then with my wife alone. They even gave her a rose at the end of the meal. I would go back in a heartbeat to this hotel. Great location. great staff wonderful breakfast fantastic beach it was perfect and I rarely can say that. I know hotels and I cannot think of one thing wrong here as we held a meeting and then my wife and I stayed longer. Hated to leave to tell the truth

Room Tip: pay to get a full ocean view on a high floor. You will not be sorry
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank robert g
MarriottCancun, Hotel Manager at JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear robert g:
I´m pleased that Gustino exceed your expectations, our 4 Diamond Awarded Restaurant is also one of my favorites on site, thanks so much for your trust and loyalty and for dine with us 3 times! I will personally send this comments to our Gustino Manager, Omar Lopez and their staff, they appreciate the recognition. I hope your meeting went well and thanks for your warmest comments I’m happy to know that you liked our facilities and service.
We want you to come back very soon!.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Amazing property with very nice beachfront pool and excellent structure.
Rooms are excellent, very good restaurants and great breakfast with typical Mexican and traditional alternatives.
Walking distance from good restaurants and minutes from Downtown Cancun.
Definitely recommend!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank tichaguin

Dear rtichauer:
Thank you for your great comments about JW Marriott Cancun, I´m glad that you enjoyed the facilities and service and that you had a goodtime, thanks for noticing our breakfast buffet we strive every day to make Sedona Grill Buffet one of the best in Cancun Hotel Zone, Yes you are correct, our property location really allows you to visit all areas of Cancun fast and easy with a bus stop just in front of the hotel at the main avenue..
We hope to see you soon.
Sincerely

Reviewed 17 July 2014

The hotel is beautiful and the staff is friendly! Food & drinks were yummy... my only complaint was the bites! I woke up with new bites every morning. Not that the hotel can prevent bites... The room was nice! I didn't like the bathroom doors but other than that the pool area is amazing!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sheena P

Dear Sheena P:
I’m happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! It´s a shame that you experienced this bites… unfortunately it´s one of the things we can’t control !!!! Thanks for your opinion regarding the bathroom doors and it’s nice to read that you have fun in the amazing infinity pool? Awesome don’t you think? Hope we can welcome you again.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the J.W. from 7-3-14 - 7-8-14 and we had a fantastic time! The resort is beautiful and so are the grounds. The staff is very attentive. And the rooms are spacious and comfortable. If you get the chance dine at Gustino's its a bit pricey but well worth it. I will be back!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Conrad C

Dear Conrad C
I´m very placed that you and your wife enjoyed every single detail of the JW Marriott Cancun, thanks so much for your warmest comments and for noticing the staff, I´s nice to read that you have the chance to dine at Gustino, our signature 4 diamonds Restaurant. It will be a pleasure to host you and your wife again in your next trip to Cancun.