“THE BEST HOTEL IN CANCUN”

JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa
Ranked #11 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 30 July 2014

If you are looking for the best hotel and service in cancun JW MARRIOTT is your answer I have stayed at the ritz with my two kids but they cancelled all the activities taht where paid for the kids the reasson was not enough kids you really dont need more than your kids to be a chef for a day and all other activities where also cancelled so scince we had been here at the JW if you ever have a ny trouble that i dought Tania Heinze Front desk director will make sure that you get taken care she is wonderfull ....
this hotel has much newer instalations and there service has been beter than the ritz i have stayed in several ritz all over the world but this JW is specail no other one is like this one i super recomend this property.......

2  Thank kenellefson
MarriottCancun, Hotel Manager at JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Kenellefson:
I´m so glad that you choose JW Marriott Cancun this time! Thanks so much for your warmest comments and now that you mentioned kids’ activities I´m very proud to announce you that our Kids Club was featured in a USA Today roundup as one of the 10 Best Beach Resort Kids Club´s and we were ranked number 1 ! . I will let Tania know about the wonderful comments you have made of her in this review, Thanks again for share your experience with us .
Warmest Regards

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I just arrived at the hotel and want to leave, this is a cheap copy of a Marriott. I've been a loyal Marriott guest for over 15 years, and my experience at this hotel is being subpar to any Marriott, it seens to be a cheap 3rd world copy . . .

It started with the room not being ready at arrival, the front desk staff being rude, unprofissional and not recognizing the Marriott Elite member.

When I arrived at the room the unpleasant surprise continues, as I requested and got confirmed a King size bed and 2 double beds.

Even a simple request as getting the mini bar open took hours . . . I had to call few times, and still waiting for someone to came to my room.

For sure this is my 1st and last stay at this Hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel. This is not a true JW Marriott.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank MF018
MarriottCancun, Front Office Manager at JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Guest

Please allow us to demonstrate the JW Marriott service we are accustom to provide to our guest. We are sure we can change your opinion about us, please contact our Manager on Duty Miguel Flores so we can personally attend your needs.

Tania Heinze
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I've made two visits to Cancun in the last two years. First time I stayed at the Ritz and this time I stayed at JW Marriott. Both properties are fabulous. You will not go wrong with either location. They both offer total Luxury. I have to give an ever so slight edge to the Ritz. There were a couple reasons. In general we thought the restaurants at the Ritz were more interesting. The beach bar/restaurant at the Ritz is in a better location and is nicer. The beach bar at the JW Marriott is a game room consequently it is filled with children. Which I have no problem with but it makes the Ritz beach bar more adult oriented. The Ritz allowed us early check in and finally The JW Marriott does not have enough chairs around the pool for all their guests. If you arrive to the pool area after 10 AM good luck. There will be no place to sit. Oh there are lots and lots of empty chairs but they all have towels on them so someone has already claimed them even though they may not sit there for several hours. Honestly, I don't recall having that issue at the Ritz.
Don't get me wrong. We loved our visit to the JW Marriott and would go back in a heartbeat but if the prices are the same and you have a choice, we would vote for the Ritz.

Room Tip: we paid for a superior ocean view room. I'm not sure if it was worth it. All the rooms have oc...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank getsmart

Dear getsmart:
Thanks for choosing JW Marriott Cancun for your vacations this time, I really appreciate your warmest comments, as you mentioned we have a brand new game center at Beachwalk (Restaurant / Bar at the pool area) but we have a special pool and bar just at the other corner of the hotel, where we offer silence and a relax atmosphere only for adults. I totally recommend you to try this bar in your next vacation in Cancun,
It will be a pleasure to welcome you again.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Only stayed there for 4 days but I'm sure we r going back, good staff, friendly room service. Place was wonderful along with the clear water of the ocean. There was so many activities. The staff was very helpful and the maids were nice and did a terrific job. Definitely going back in a few months time.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Dhillen G:
I´m so happy to read that everything in your stay was perfect! Impossible not to relax and have fun with that color of turquoise water, white sand and excellent service! Thanks you for your support and loyalty, we look forward to welcome you again very soon.
Sincerely

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This vacation we stayed at Marriott Casa Magna which is a sister hotel and are joined as one combined property but since I had always gone to the Spa here ,I went as usual . I've been having problems with my shoulder caused by stress which I had been treating with massages and acupuncture so I asked to speak to a therapist and explain my problem.
His name was Juan Carlos Lazaro and he explained that it would be painful but he would treat it with a deep tissue massage. He was very knowledgeable of the muscles he was treating and sure enough it was painful but I must say by the third session I was feeling the difference . He offered a lot of advise to prevent this problem from returning . i'm very grateful to have had Him as the therapist and will return to ask for him next time I stay there .

Dear Daisy1948:
I´m so placed to know that you shoulder has recovery and I am also proud to tell you that our therapists are the best in Cancun, I will let Juan Carlos know about the wonderful comments you have made of him, and I´m sure he will be glad to know that you feel better. Thanks so much for share your experience with us and it will be a pleasure to welcome you again.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We just got back from an amazing week in Cancun and can't say enough about the wonderful experience we had at the JW Marriott. I have stayed at several different resorts in Cancun and this was head and shoulders above the rest. It was my husband's first trip to Cancun and he loved it. The property is absolutely spotless, from the lobby to the guest rooms to the beautiful pools and beach. The staff could not have been nicer or more efficient, always greeting us with genuine smiles. We had a particularly nice experience with Reuben, who was the first person to wait on us at the Beachwalk Restaurant and then waited on us poolside repeatedly through the week. He always remembered our name and welcomed us warmly every time we saw him. He even helped our daughter practice her Spanish. What an asset he is!

They were changing out the pool chairs while we were there and we got to enjoy the new ones on our last day. They were so comfy I didn't think we were going to ever return to our room!

The food was very good at the Sedona Grill, where we enjoyed the breakfast several times, and at the Beachwalk. We did not try Gustino while we were there but it was a beautiful restaurant. The banana daiquiris were particular favorites poolside, as were the peach smoothies.

The only gripe that we had, if you can call it that, was that the water pressure in the shower was so strong that once we had let the sun "kiss" our skin for a day or two, it hurt to stand under the water.

We would definitely recommend the JW Marriott to anyone!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Laura D

Dear Laura D:
Amazing review! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us, Glad your stay was satisfactory! In JW Marriott Cancun we strive every day to create unique experiences to all of our guests, I´m pleased that we made that happen with you and your family. I will let Ruben know about the wonderful comments you have made of him on this review. You need to come back again and try the new super comfy beach chairs!!!! Next time in Cancún I highly recommend to try our 4 diamond awarded restaurant Gustino, I’m sure you will love it”

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Just got back from an amazing family vacation at the JW Marriott.
The ladies up in the Club 91 couldn't have been nicer (and the young men bartending in the evening). We had a large family group which included 2 infants and two other children ages 6&9, and we were showered with attention!
The pool area and beach are the nicest that you will find in Cancun! They were just putting out
super nice beach chairs on our last day! All rooms have an ocean view--the rooms overlooking the pool are great because you see not only the ocean, but also have a nice view of the bay in the background as well .You have a view of the entire beach and other hotels for miles.. Service at the pool was also very attentive. We loved it. The only mistake that we made was in taking a side trip to Isla Mujeres --couldn't wait to get back to the JW.

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool is great because you also have a view of the bay in the background. We never r...
1  Thank Frisco

Dear Frisco:
I am happy to read that we exceed your expectations! Thanks for choosing JW Marriott Cancun for your family trip, is nice to see you enjoy your stay and the facilities and service did not disappoint at all. Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding the staff, especially the ladies of Club 91 and Beachwalk waiters, I will let them know about the comments you have made of them. I´m glad you enjoyed the stunning’s views of the Mexican Caribbean ! Hope we can welcome you again!