We just got back from staying a week at this hotel, and I must say the location was nice and the hotel itself around the grounds, lobby, pool areas were well maintained and employees always working pick up trash and getting you drinks, the staff was wonderful. The only problems we had was our room, we checked into room 438 (JW Suite) and a suite price to only find that we were above the smoking area and the only view we saw was the top of the Sedona Grill couldn't even see the sun rise each morning, be careful checking into rooms around the 4th floor as your view will only be the roof of the Sedona Grill and nothing else, these rooms will be by the Spa as they put it to sell you the room choice. Also the shower leaked so badly each time we used it that the towels we had went to pick up the water so that someone would not slip and or fall. Also the pull out bed was so bad that my daughter couldn't even sleep the 8 days that we were there, the springs were awful, made a loud squeak noise each time she moved and dented so badly in the middle that there is no way that (2) people could even sleep in this bad, hence we had to order a cot, which cost us another $20 per day!!! Again, nice hotel but overpriced, the food was good the buffet for breakfast at Sedona grill was wonderful and one of the best that I have had but again pricey. When we tried to contact management she and they were no where to be found! Seemed liked we were being avoided after several attempts to reach her by phone and going to the front desk. We did complain to HQ Marriott to get some money back since I was paying for an oceanview room suite and others had a lot better of a view than I had and paid a lot less and didn't even have a suite room. Again, the staff and the tentativeness was well above a lot of hotels, but after a while you are just made to feel like a number as they process guests in and out so quickly and the resort can be and did get crowded at times. We would not go back to this hotel, we are still in negotiation of a refund as we were offered an "upgrade" on our next visit to this hotel, we would not be coming back to this hotel or Cancun again! Nice area but changed since the last time we were there, too commercialized and too many vendors trying to sell you something all of the time. We are staying at another Marriott hotel in April 2015 and I am getting mixed reviews on that hotel also, seems like Marriott is going down hill. We may have to start going back to Hilton again, and the selling of the vacation club has to stop seems like they try to sell that to you at each and every visit. We got harassed with messages of a rep from the Vacation Club that wanted to see us, we were not interested. Still hoping that Marriott will keep my business as an Silver Elite Marriotts member and do the right thing, we will see!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, an oceanfront haven of unparalleled sophistication, impeccable service and warm Mexican hospitality designed for today’s most discerning travelers. Sumptuous comfort, chic residential styling and glorious waterfront views distinguish every room. Abundant taste marks every dining experience, from casual to elegant, and indulgent charm distinguishes each and every day. Relax on a spectacular beach kissed by the sun and caressed by the sparkling waters of the Caribbean. Stroll through traditional markets ablaze with color or listen to the lullaby of the ocean surf from your private balcony overlooking the sea. With its powdery sand beaches and ancient Mayan mysteries, Cancun will dazzle your senses ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Jw Marriott Cancun Resort
- Cancun Marriott