“Great Instructor and Dive Master”

Always Diving & Water Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: AlwaysDiving is located at the Embarcadero Caribbean Carnaval in Playa Tortugas Km 6.5 at the Hotel Zone in Cancun (map available on our website).We have been providing tours for divers and non divers in Cancun and Riviera Maya for over 32 years and we love what we do (we understand that not everyone on the family does scuba diving).If you need personalized assistance visit us, or call our TOLL FREE number.Here is a list of activities we can provide you.-Scuba Diving and Snorkeling in Cancun and Isla Mujeres.-Diving lessons and Certifications at all levels.-Special dives for advanced divers.-Whale Sharks Sighting.-Fishing.-Parasailing.-Wave Runners.-Jungle Tour.We believe in making friends not customers. You have just a little bit of time to being here in PARADISE, our GOAL is to make this time unforgettable.Sincerely,AlwaysDiving Team
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Was recommended Alvaro from some of our friends and he didn't disappoint. Our kids wanted to get their Junior Open Water certs (aged 13 & 11) and Alvaro was outstanding. He was so patient -- even with a young teenager! I can tell you that my instructor when I received my OW wasn't anywhere close to Alvaro's level. He even helped me fix an ear issues that I've been having since I started diving in 2000.

Overall we had 9 dives with him-- did 4 around the reefs in Cancun, 3 in Cozumel, and 2 Cenotes. He and his transportation hires were always on-time and courteous. I know we'll be back when the kids want to get their AOW. Can say enough about this guy!!

1  Thank Brad B
Alvaro G, Owner at Always Diving & Water Sports, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2014

Thank you so much for your review. We had a great time diving with you and looking forward to see all of you again, you are a great family! Through the years we have developed a great empathy toward our visitors, this is one of our best qualities. You will always have a friend here.

All reviews
"underwater museum"
"explained everything"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Always Diving truly does make friends, not customers. Alvaro has to be one of the most friendly and knowledgeable instructors we have ever met. He has been in Cancun for 32 years so he knows his way around and has awesome resources for all dive sites. NO LIMITATIONS, BEST BOATS, OVERALL BEST SERVICE AND COMPLETELY FLEXIBLE WITH YOUR SCHEDULE. He is extremely hardworking, efficient and takes care of every little detail from providing food, keeping track of gear to having everything set up for you in time to hit the water as soon as you arrive at the sight. He is truly is interested in making everyone's experience exceptionally memorable by developing a friendship, diving within your limits and maximizing the dive times. He even has this cool skill where he can tell how much air you have just by hearing you breath under water. Definitely go with Alvaro and his wonderful staff at Always Diving. The experience is more intimate than you'll get at a large corporate like dive shop who just want to make money and get in and out. Alvaro will make your dive experience unforgettable!!! You can trust him for the best! You will want to move there and work with him. :o) MUST DIVE THE CENOTES AND COZUMEL!!!!

Alvaro G, Propietario at Always Diving & Water Sports, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Hey guys, thanks so much for your comment, I really love what I do, my commitment is to give my divers the best treatment as posible, just as if I were in your shoes, the skill you mentined is called EXPERIENCE, all the instructors and dive masters with experience we know how much air the divers have by listening their breathing, I really believe in making friends not costumers.
You are more tan welcome to come to work with me at any time.
Best regards to all.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Diving with Alvaro was a great experience. It was like diving with an experienced friend. Small group and Alvaro seems to really enjoy taking divers out. I used the rental gear and it was worn but functional. He took some great video and took the time to drop the DVD off at the hotel. We did a shark dive off Playa del Carmen and it was fantastic.

Alvaro G, Propietario at Always Diving & Water Sports, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thanks so much for your comment, indeed, we are friends diving with friends, this is the way it should to be scuba diving, I've been teaching and conducting divers for over 32 years and I like to give my divers what I would expect if I were in their place.
See you next time my friend.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

i was really nervous about trying scuba because a i had an ear problem a while ago while i was in an airplane, so when i started the course i was not to optimistic but once Alvaro teach me how to compensate properly everything went great. we went to some really nice reefs and saw some fantastic places, after my course i was so happy i even went to a cenote which is a must go experience!! overall i say hes a fantastic instructor with a great working area to learn.

Alvaro G, Propietario at Always Diving & Water Sports, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

I really appreciate your comment my friend, I love what I do and I like to transmite it to people who dive with me, SCUBA DIVING IS FOR FUN!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I want to thank Alvaro and Martin for an excellent series of dives during the week of April 27, 2014. On the day of our scheduled dive, he rode his motorcycle to our hotel to inform us the harbor was closed due to rough seas and that we would have to reschedule our dive for later in the week; although we had to reschedule the dive, he offered to go through initial instruction and proceed with a practice dive around the pier. On the day of our scheduled dive, we did another practice dive and two open water dives in the nearby reef: fantastic experience interacting with assorted marine life: sea turtle, brittle star, lobsters, tropical fish, etc. I found Alvaro highly professional and an all around great guy. I would recommend this outfit to anyone traveling to the Cancun area in search of a great dive experience.

2  Thank Troy L

Thanks so much for your comment, I always try to feel what the people need and I give to them, in these 33 years that I've been doing this activity, I have developed a sense of empathy that allows me to know what each person needs, see you next time my friend.