“Awesome”

Gnarly's Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: You and the ENTIRE FAMILY can learn to surf in Cancun, in ONE EASY LESSON! Whether you've never surfed before and have always dreamed of learning, or if you want to improve on your existing surfing skill set, the instructors at Gnarly's Surf School and the waves at the beaches in Cancun cater to surfers of ALL ages and experience! Cancun's beaches year-round beautiful blue waters have the best waves in the world for learning how to surf! Our classes and camps consist of a truly unique and personalized surf instruction, right here on Cancun's most beautiful beaches! Our professional surf photographers and experienced instructors are right there in the water with you, guiding you through every wave. The main focus of our sessions is surfing instruction and water-safety, while still having a blast! Gnarly's Surf School's VIP Packages are all-inclusive, including pick-up from the lobby of your hotel! All you have to bring is your positive attitude, and the sunscreen! We provide surfing lessons in different packages to accomodate individuals, couples, families, or other groups of the enlightened who want to learn this amazing art form. All surf lessons are custom; Beginner, Intermediate, or Advanced, we will guide you through an amazing, safe, and life-changing adventure! Whether it's having the confidence to start surfing, or trying to attain a higher knowledge and skill-set to reach the next step in your surfing game, you will have exclusive surf instruction and an amazing experience on a beautiful beach in Cancun, and GUARANTEED TONS OF FUN!!!
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I had my kids (7 & 8) and they an and unbelievable time with "Uncle Gnarly" He is great with kids and truly focused on safety and fun. I highly recommend him

Indianapolis, Indiana
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Gnarly was gnarly”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Went surfing today on beach in Cancun with Gnarly and co. Great experience. Had both my son and I up in about 10 minutes. Excellent video and pics (taken by them from our camera for us!!). My son even paddled into his own wave and rode it without any help from Gnarly (except for the "paddle harder" and "stand up!!"). Really had a great time. Rode wave after wave after wave. Smaller waves were great for learning on plus we had the ocean and beach to ourselves. Bigger waves were faster and very exciting.

1 Thank Jon H
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Kitty on the LINE!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I tried surfing for the first time here in Cancun. At first I was a little uneasy about Gnarly but once we got to talking a little more my first impression of him went out the door! He is very honest, hilarious, with lots of surfing experience under his belt and had many interesting stories to tell. I was very pleased with his genuine concern of our safety and he made sure we avoided doing anything that would harm us. I also liked the fact he had us learn on a sand bar (shallow water). I will never forget this experience! :)

San Pedro Garza Garcia, Mexico
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Surfs Up!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I took a surf class with my sister and a friend a years ago. I had a blast!! we literally got up on the board in less than 30 min! Gnarly is super cool surfer dude teacher! you will love hime he is very funny and a very good teacher, we even got 30 extra min after our time was up to get some extra waves! Great service... totally recommend it!!

Visited July 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Day, Surfs Up!!!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Uncle Gnarly is the BEST! We'd give him 6+ stars if we could! My son and daughter learned to surf with his patient passionate guidance! There is no better experience!!! He is very encouraging. It was so relaxed and easygoing. No pressure only fun. Kept encouraging even in harsh conditions and uncooperative waves. Extended their session because of all the fun and to ensure they ended on a high note! He even offered to get me out to teach me too!