“Good times with Gnarly”

Gnarly's Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: You and the ENTIRE FAMILY can learn to surf in Cancun, in ONE EASY LESSON! Whether you've never surfed before and have always dreamed of learning, or if you want to improve on your existing surfing skill set, the instructors at Gnarly's Surf School and the waves at the beaches in Cancun cater to surfers of ALL ages and experience! Cancun's beaches year-round beautiful blue waters have the best waves in the world for learning how to surf! Our classes and camps consist of a truly unique and personalized surf instruction, right here on Cancun's most beautiful beaches! Our professional surf photographers and experienced instructors are right there in the water with you, guiding you through every wave. The main focus of our sessions is surfing instruction and water-safety, while still having a blast! Gnarly's Surf School's VIP Packages are all-inclusive, including pick-up from the lobby of your hotel! All you have to bring is your positive attitude, and the sunscreen! We provide surfing lessons in different packages to accomodate individuals, couples, families, or other groups of the enlightened who want to learn this amazing art form. All surf lessons are custom; Beginner, Intermediate, or Advanced, we will guide you through an amazing, safe, and life-changing adventure! Whether it's having the confidence to start surfing, or trying to attain a higher knowledge and skill-set to reach the next step in your surfing game, you will have exclusive surf instruction and an amazing experience on a beautiful beach in Cancun, and GUARANTEED TONS OF FUN!!!
“Good times with Gnarly”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Took a lesson last spring and was surfing in no time. Was back in Cancun this spring and surfed all week with one of his boards. Great rates on lessons and equipment. Uncle Gnarly is out there every day getting little kids and adults surfing. He is super energetic and enthusiastic about getting his clients riding. He taught me the basics and as a Midwesterner now living in San Diego, I'm looking forward to catching some westcoast waves. See you again this spring Gnarly!

Visited February 2014

Sandy, Utah
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Uncle Gnarly is EVERYTHING you'd want in a surf instructor!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I visited Cancun for the first time and on my husband's birthday he wanted to go surfing. He'd been before but I hadn't and was a little nervous about it. From the first time I talk to Uncle Gnarly on the phone, I got SUPER excited about this experience. This guy knows his stuff. He's surfed everywhere in the world his whole life and now all he wants to do is give back and teach people how to surf. His goal is that you get it, no matter how long it takes. He's a total character and was super psyched for us when we stood up. I was able to stand up my first time and every time thereafter! He's a drill sergeant in the water, but only because he wants you to be safe and to get it quickly so you can ride and have fun. This experience was a good reminder to me that you're never too old to try something new! We had a great time and I can check surfing off my bucket list! If you're interested in trying surfing, do yourself a favor and call or email Gnarly. Seriously, just do it. You will thank me later.

2 Thank kelnel11
Nashville,TN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Uncle Gnarly is the BEST”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had an amazing time with Gnarly my daughter and I both got up. He is an amazing teacher and full of stories! I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Cancun, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“learn to surf Hawaiian style with uncle Gnarly”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

had an absolutely amazing time, my brother and I had never surfed before but we we're apparently naturals! An excellent teacher, keeps you motivated, helps you in every possible way and wouldn't let anything get in the way of teaching you to surf. A lot of fun with the Hawaiian style and was up and on the board in minutes! Gnarly was outrageous, out going, always making us laugh and also has a lot of incredibly interesting stories to tell. I would highly recommend it to anyone who intends on going to Cancun.

Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“This guy is fantastic”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Gnarly was the best. Easy to learn from. Great instruction. Goes 100% above and beyond to make your experience a blast.

Visited June 2014