“Very good traditional hotel values.”

Marriott Cancun Resort
Ranked #15 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Melbourne, Australia
“Very good traditional hotel values.”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Cancun is a funny place. When I stayed (mid-late April) it was just after Spring Break, so there were a lot of families but also a lot of young party goers as well - a strange mix. The hotel is exactly what I was looking for; Great pool, Beach views, well appointed, Great service. You can't fault any of it. The Concierge and front desk were very helpful
Some of the younger people in our hotel were complaining that they didn't get an "all-inclusive" hotel which were on offer and seemed quite vibrant throughout Cancun, however I was after a relaxing couple of days by the pool, on the beach, and away from the riff-raff. If this is what you're after, I definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room facing the ocean!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank always_Itchy_feet27
MarriottCancun, Hotel Manager at Marriott Cancun Resort, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear always_itchy_feet27:
I´m glad to read that our resort was just what you were searching for! The CasaMagna Marriott Cancun has a great location and this really allows you to access all areas of Cancun and Riviera Maya easily, and what can I say about the stunning beach views!! Thanks again for taking the time to connect with us
Please come back soon we will be happy to welcome you again.
Warmest Regards

Manuel Magaña / Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (965)
  • Hebrew first
Las Vegas
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My wife and I just returned from a wonderful stay at the Casamagna Marriott in Cancun.

The hotel is great. Clean and everything that you would expect from a Marriott. The staf was exceptional. Every staff member from the front desk to the waiters at the pool restaurant went out of their way to be courteous and efficient.

I would like to give a few pointers for anyone planning a stay at the Casamagna:

1 - If you can get the 4 nites for the price of 3 with a $50 USD credit for every night.

2 - If you need Pesos, the front desk rate is the very best anywhere.

3 - There is a convenience store just accross the street to stock up on sodas and even beer for your room. There is always plenty of ice available.

4 - Room service is excellent, especially for a lighter meal in the evening. If you want chicken fingers, check the children's menu.

5 - The shop in the hotel just down from the front desk has great coffee and things for a light breakfast like pastries and bagels that they will toast with cream cheese.

Have a great stay.

4 Thank seawolf1963
Dear Seawolf1963:

I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay, the hotel facilities, location and service. We appreciate your time in sharing your experience and tips to other travelers. I also thank you for your feedback about our employees; they work very hard and appreciate the recognition.
We hope to see you again in a near future.
Best Regards
Oxford, Ohio
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Our stay included Memorial weekend for four nights. We chose the 4th night free with a $50 daily room credit. I am a Platinum rewards member and my husband and I were upgraded to a beautiful suite. We are repeat guests and it was my birthday. The hotel staff went all out to make my birthday special. The new a chief Concierge Mr. Rivera upgraded our room and Antonio who also works behind the concierge desk arranged transportation for us from the airport. Very special thanks to both of those gentlemen.
Manuel, one of our favorite bartenders at the pool bar made me a birthday drink on the house and when we went to La Isla down on the beach to order a late lunch. Victoriano had another drink waiting for me. After lunch the servers at La Isla brought me a birthday cake and sang Happy Birthday. Everyone who works here is top notch.
When we retired back to the room after a long day of traveling and fun in the sun there was a knock on the door. A fruit and cheese tray with a bottle of wine was sent to me bythe Restaurant and Bar Director, Guillermo Canto who we've known sine he was a server at the Casa Magna years ago. Very special thanks to Mr. Canto for the lovely tray because we were so tired and that ended up being our dinner the first night.
We were so lucky to have Clara as a maid cleaning and straightening up our room every day. She made the most beautiful kissing swans out of towels and another cute little fish that was our toothbrush holder.
The new lounge chairs are so comfortable out by the pool and the pool is alway refreshing and the hot tub is so relaxing. We love this hotel and I know you will too.

5 Thank patopti
Dear Patopti:
First of all, Happy birthday!!!! It is great to know that you have enjoyed your stay in our property and I really want to thank you for your loyalty and trust during these years. I´m glad to read that our Staff made your birthday special, I will let Mr. Rivera, Antonio, Victoriano, Clara and Guillermo Canto know about the wonderful comments you have made to them in this review. Glad you liked the brand new lounge chairs! For us is very important to keep the quality and comfort of our guests.
I look forward to welcoming you again
Warmest Regards
Merrick, New York
Reviewed 29 May 2014

First of all the check in process is bit slow. They have long wait lines for check in or for any customer service you require from the front desk.
We had got ocean view room mentioned in our expedia booking, but they said they have no rooms left and they gave us garden view and suggested that as we had 5 day stay, we can switch to ocean view room next day.
The hotel property is amazinnnnnnnnngg. Staff is friendly and cooperative.
The pool with a huge hot tub area was nice and we had great experiences at the outdoor areas we used, particularly at the beachfront bar/restaurant where the service was extremely attentive and friendly.

I cannot express in words the breakfast served at marriot, it is out of this world.

Me and my husband really loved each and every part of our stay.

We ate at Sedona which is actually at JW Marriott next door. We ate out side at the pool which was romantic.

Room Tip: Surely book breakfast with this hotel, you wont be disapointed.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ruchi D
San Salvador, El Salvador
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We attended a conference held at this hotel and decided to stay longer and enjoy Cancun. We were upgraded to a Suite, which was very nice but lacked some amenities: coffee maker, desk, complimentary water. The bathroom was quite small for the size of the suite

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank 48Yaya
ct
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Checkin was a bit slow and I wasn't able to check in with the marriott app? Customer service at Marriott could not assist me either but I think i have to re-install the app and give Marriott access.. Our room was ready at 3 when we arrived. We had an ocean view room that also viewed the pools. One issue we did have was lack of electrical outlets. For us both to charge a device we had to unplug at least one lamp or clock.

We really liked the grounds of the hotel, with a lot of covered outdoor spaces and water features. In fact we agreed that we preferred the grounds here to the Ritz. The pool with a huge hot tub area was nice and we had great experiences at the outdoor bar areas we used, particularly at the beachfront bar/restaurant where the service was extremely attentive and friendly.

Our Marriott Rewards rate included the very impressive breakfast buffet and a 25% discount on food and beverages, but we frequently had to tell our server about the discount to receive it. It would have been nice not to have to do this, but several of the servers, particularly in the bars remembered the discount from one day to the next. The breakfast bar is VERY impressive and everything we tried was very good.

We ate dinner at Champions in order to view an NBA game and although the hostess was pretty indifferent, our waitress was very pleasant and attentive. We also had dinner at the Tai Restaraunt and the food was interesting and reasonably priced (Best Lychee drink ever) On our last night we ate at Sedona which is actually at JW Marriott next door. We ate out side at the pool which was romantic. The food was just ok and since we were the only couple out side the service was a little sporadic.

Other than these few issues we loved the resort. The grounds are beautiful, the price was reasonable, the staff were very friendly, restaurants were great, and he beach is beautiful.

Room Tip: Mention to the check in staff that you are celebrating a special occasion and you might get a room w...
1 Thank edartis
Lisbon, Lisboa, Portugal
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel during my last business trip to Cancun. The hotel is nice and better than the one on my previous stay. I got a room with a view to the back which was what I disliked on my stay.
Pools and bars were very good. I was attending a conference and the meals for about 800 persons were very good. I was impressed with the quality. Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice.
Conference rooms were very good.

Staff was attentive and helpful.

Free wifi is a plus.