This was our fourth time here, every stay has been great and we try different things each time. We were upgraded to a premium view room with no issues, bags arrived within five minutes and our special gift shortly thereafter.
Much has been said already about the property so I won't recap that but did want to spend time on some tips and thoughts:
- Private transfer from the airport to the hotel and back is worth every cent, no stops other than your hotel you are booked at. We used the service offered by the hotel for family(arriving later) and USA transfers for us and both were efficient as ever.
- We tried the Thai restaurant our last night and it was really good and had something for just about everyone.
- Taco bar down to the left towards the Grand Oasis called Blue Iguana was extra special, the menu was small but the food and drinks were terrific. It is pretty much a hut, but don't let that steer you away from trying it at least once.
- Went down towards the party zone and much has changed, Señor Frogs closed and moved across from Carlos and Charlie's in a much smaller venue. You will also notice more restaurants have closed due to the changing climate of hotels changing names and going all inclusive. Another reason we like the Marriott, we can explore and try new places but also help the local businesses.
- Half day tour of Tulum was spectacular, great transportation, guide and were back by 2:30 to sit by the pool.
- Rooms can get humid, as we always say bring a hanging Damp Rid and you will be shocked how much moisture it pulls out of the air. It also keeps your clothes fresh.
- Give Freds across the street a try, our meal there again was very good though the prices are high.
- Happy hour margaritas in the lobby bar were hand made with fresh juice and great to have before heading out to dinner.
I firmly believe you will enjoy this resort and they go out of their way to address any issues as soon as they occur. A very well ran resort/property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Paradise. Powder soft sand and sparkling turquoise seas beckon travelers to the heart of the Mexican Caribbean and Marriott’s CasaMagna Cancun Resort. A legendary locale perfectly matched with Marriott’s commitment to service satisfies adventurous souls seeking to explore ruins or searching for serenity in the shadows of an ancient empire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your CasaMagna Marriott Cancun Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Casamagna Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Marriott Cancun
- Cancun Marriott