“Great Hotel!!”

Marriott Cancun Resort
Ranked #14 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 8 nigths, we liked the rooms, the view of the beautiful Sea, the pool and my husband loved the gym, the only thing is they dont have entertaiment on the pool, no music, no nothing, we have stayed in others Hotels in Cancun and they do have it, and wish the restaurants on site where less expensive, we ate breakfast there and was $25.00 Per person buffet, we ate outside most of the time, the rooms very clean and all the hotel is very nice!!

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Mayra M
MarriottCancun, Hotel Manager at Marriott Cancun Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Mayra M :
I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay and I appreciate your time in sharing your experience with us. Regarding the entertainment I´m happy to tell you that beginning July 2014 we will start with live music 3 times a week at the pool area, also I would like you to know that in order to maintain the high quality in our restaurants, 80% of our food is imported from USA and our prices are on line compared with the competition; however I appreciate your comments and It will be a pleasure to welcoming you again.
Best Regards
Manuel Magaña / Hotel Manger

There are newer reviews for Marriott Cancun Resort

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Our stay at this hotel was awesome. First, they accommodated us with an early check in, next a complimentary room upgrade was honored. We had a beautiful view of the ocean. I was disappointed at the shabby, stained pull out loveseat in the room, mentioned same to bellman, left the room and came back to a clean new one! The room itself was small but adequate. The ac worked amazing as did the hot water. I will say, however, that the hotel could use a complete strip down and re painting inside and out. Layers of paint was peeling in the room and along with the off white color of the wall, it appears dingy. There was also rust on the tub drain which made me think twice about taking a bath. Other than a much needed painting upgrade, this hotel was an awesome place for the money. Pool was large, quiet and clean, plenty of chairs and towels. Beach was breathtaking. Local bus that takes you up and down hotel strip and into town was a 5 minute walk away. Staff was amazing! Breakfast (more like brunch) was unreal with every option imaginable and delicious! I had a massage and Carmen the masseuse was one of the best I've experienced. All in all, this is an amazing hotel and for the price, I'd be willing to put my prima donna drama on the back burner and deal with looking at the outdated paint job. It was great and we can't wait to return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Capucine L

Dear Capucine L:
First of all Happy Anniversary! We are honored that you have chosen Marriott CasaMagna for this important celebration and I appreciate your great comments about our Resort. Also thank you for the feedback regarding the painting, actually this is part of our upcoming projects.
I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast; I think La Capilla Argentina has the best buffet breakfast in the hotel zone. Also I will let Carmen know about the wonderful comments you have made on this review.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you again in further trips to Cancun .
Warmest Regards

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I am currently staying at the Marriott Casamagna and it has been quite the experience. After having stayed here twice in the past and having great experiences I figured I couldn't go wrong this time and booked this trip with a friend. It's been a struggle since we got here...first we waited for an hour outside the airport for our transfer (Delta Vacations fault, not Marriott's) then we finally arrive and are told our reservation is for a guaranteed king bed---um no, I specifically asked for two beds (again Delta vacations fault, not Marriott's). After we showed our passports, signed some things and forked over the credit card, we were given a card with a number on it so we could go ahead and charge to the room. Excellent! We had a great lunch with a fantastic server and the went back to the front desk to check in. They told us the room was ready and started preparing the keys...a nagging feeling told me to confirm the 2 double bed room...sure enough, nope...they still had us down for a king. This was the start of me starting to blame this hotel for our less than satisfactory experience. They said 15 more mins to find a double room...we gave the a little over 20 before going back up. The result? A double room that she didn't sound too enthused about or a king suite (complimentary) with a fold out sofa...we opted for the king suite. It was okay...but that room isn't built for two adult women...it's more for parents with small kids. After a night with a metal bar in my back we decided to hit them up again for the ocean view double bed room I reserved and payed for. After some looking on there part they found us a room and we were both grateful and felt our luck was changing. The room was what we expected and perfect for our R&R needs. Then we had breakfast at the hotel and tried to charge it to our room. No go, they said our account was cut off and we had to pay cash. Thinking it was because we moved rooms I went to the front desk where I was informed that I had an outstanding balance of $3. So I asked why they didn't just charge to the card on file...they said they didn't have one on file. What? How could we even have checked into a resort hotel without putting a credit card on file for incidentals? That was ignored. So I confirmed that I needed to go get my credit card so they could put it on file again and hope all is in order now. I did it and they allowed me to pay the breakfast bill at the front desk and assured me all was well and in order now (meanwhile my friend is still in the restaurant waiting for everything to be worked out). The woman at the front desk also assured me she would call down to the restaurant and explain and I would have no issues. Sigh...wish it went down that way. Upon my return the waiter expected payment. I explained that I paid upstairs at the front desk and he asked for the receipt. I told the they kept it. He said we needed it and said he would accompany me to the front desk. By this time I am truly truly angry and completely annoyed. We arrived at the front desk and I just pointed to the waiter and let him hash it out with reception. Some words were said and at the end of the exchange he hightailed it out if there and the receptionist apologized for the confusion and and we were all set she did call down and tell him but he didn't check with his supervisor. At this point a tried to voice my displeasure at the whole situation but all she said was I am sorry. Maybe it I wasn't vocal enough so I wrote this review to help others decide whether to patron his hotel. Like I said loved it in the past which is why I chose it again and brought a friend. I can honestly say that I won't b back and likely neither will my friend (it was her first time in Cancun and this was her experience).
She seemed to think perhaps they were short staffed...maybe but others have had similar issues based on the convos I have overhead and the exasperated looks on fellow tourists faces at reception.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
10  Thank GA_Lady_Traveler
MarriottCancun, Front Office Manager at Marriott Cancun Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

I am very sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us very much, especially since you decided to comeback after two previous great experiences in our resort. I apologize for the check in process and the fact that we could not satisfy your request of preferred room until your second day of stay. About your comments for the credit card on file for incidentals; we always asked to our guests if they would like to do it, but if they decline it is not mandatory. I regret that this was an issue for you, but I sincerely appreciate your feedback and I have shared this with our front desk staff and our Restaurant's Manager so we will personally take actions and continue training our staff. It would be a pleasure to host you once again if you give us the opportunity.
Tiffany S. (Front Office Manager)

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Staying at Marriott Hotels and Resorts I expect only the best but this resort went above and beyond!!! From the spacious rooms to the ocean views, this resort is for Everyone!!! Family friendly with its kiddie pool and tropical pool and...the private beach calling you into the waves of warm water. The staff were Amazing and took such good care of us. We will be back next year because of them and their resort!! Thank you CasaMagna!!!

Room Tip: Choose an ocean room. The views are Breath taking!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laurie W
MarriottCancun, Hotel Manager at Marriott Cancun Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Laurie W:
I´m so happy that we exceed your expectations! Our staff works really hard every day to make it happen that our guests feel like home… Thanks so much for your wonderful comments and it will be a pleasure to welcome you again in your next trip to Cancun.
Warmest Regards

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Please be careful in Cancun. My friend and I were chased, attacked and mugged getting off the bus IN FRONT OF THE HOTEL!!!! A bus full of people and the bus driver drove off all the while my friend and I struggled and screamed for help. Best kept secret in Mexico is the crime and unscrupulous people that pray on visitors. Security staff at the hotel was NOT helpful/compassionate to our situation, nor were the local police. View this as a warning to guard your belongings, personal space and invest in some self-defense training.
Aside from this incident and below-par security staff, our stay was ok. Hotel was clean, rooms are small, food and drinks expensive. This hotel is not all-inclusive wherein the charges add up quickly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Carolyn V
MarriottCancun, Director of Rooms Operation at Marriott Cancun Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Carolyn V

I wish to thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip advisor regarding your recent stay at the CasaMagna Marriott Cancun Resort.

The security and well-being of our guests is Marriott’s principal concern and the CasaMagna Marriott Cancun Resort is no exception. I apologize for the lack of concern from our Security staff to your situation. The necessary steps have been taken to prevent this type of situation from happening again.

Thank you for your concern and for informing us of this incident.

Paulino Najera
Director of Rooms Operation

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Ok, I love Marriotts, you got me. But, I like value more. For the price, it's a dream. You can pay double for beach time but you cannot do better.

Food is fabulous there, but I like freewheeling in Cancun, becoming rarer. Save money, drink and munch up and down the strip until your toes curl.

After 12 million miles over 40 years, this really is Five Stars, not hype. John in the Heart of Texas.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank johnhW5357SH

Dear Jhon :
Thank you very much for your preference and loyalty to Marriott, I’m glad that you enjoyed our resort, the service and facilities.
Hope to welcome you again!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We flew down to Cancun for my Birthday June 6th spent 4 days in paradise loved everything the buffet breakfast is superb and the staff very helpful and professional We especially look forward to talking with our friend Leo at the door.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear geminizer:
Happy Birthday!!!! We are honored that you have chosen our Resort for this celebration and I´m glad you had a great time. Leo and I definitely will be more than happy to welcome you again.
Best Regards