Marriott Cancun Resort
US$506
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
US$800
Bookit.com
US$315
US$267
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
US$465
US$520
US$361
galahotels.com
4,301 results
All reviewscasa magnachampions sports barbreakfast buffetcaribbean suiteocean viewhotel zonebeautiful hotella islasedona grillswim up baroceanfront roomjapanese restaurantlarge poolall inclusive packageplenty of chairsbeautiful beachbeach area
Reviewed 26 February 2009

Needed a trip to get away so that was nice. The hotel was nice, lobby was excellent and had a band playing every now and then. Staff was pretty helpful. They did pull one of those. we didn't put you for a king so we don't have have one. I was planning to upgrade to a ocean view so no big deal.. The room was pretty good. relatively small but you know it's just a room. The biggest bummer was the beach. Yes I did read the reviews and Yes i did walk over to other beaches.. but you know its a Marriott. They charge enough money to get rid of all the rocks or cover it with sand. Any case spent time in front of the Ritz and the resort next to it

Pool was pretty nice - lots of kids.. but the spa needed way more heat. wierd thing was the towels they require you to check them out . maybe they do this at a lot of other sites but i've never seen it. Wonder if they actually charge the 100's of people that leave their towls throughout the day.

I put recommend hotel as no but really mean maybe. if you plan to stay in - then sure why not - if you want beach then go somewhere else.

The trips - go into town. Don't buy anything from the hotels or the stands near hotels. Got chiten Nitza, horse back, cruise for 40% less than a lot of the guys on the same bus. I personally went to the place in market 28 - Rosy was her name.

Man I love mexican food. Spent a lot of meals in market 28 eating the local food and also the taco joint near the club area. The exchange rate was in our favor that week so we ate a lot. Lorrienzo's (sp?) was a good seafood joint as well.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
6  Thank jf005
Reviewed 25 February 2009

My boyfriend and I visited the CasaMagna over Presidents Day Weekend in February.
Check-in was a bit dicey as I was paying with marriott points and somehow they couldn't find the points, then couldn't find evidence I had paid for the all-inclusive...luckily I had brought all my confirmations and everything was easily cleared up.
The room was small, but honestly- who goes to Cancun to sit in the room? We had upgraded to the ocean view balcony, and the view was absolutely gorgeous- well worth the extra $30! We got lucky in that the hotel wasn't overly crowded- we only had trouble finding a spot by the pool once. The pool was nice...but I will say that we snuck next door to the JW Marriott pool just about every day as it was gorgeous!!
The beach...as you can see frm everyone else's reviews, the beach is pretty much gone. Just trying to get in with all the rocks hurt so bad we finally gave up! But a few days in we tried going into te ocean near the JW, and it was totally fine.
Food- breakfast buffet was amazing!! Anything you could ever possibly want was there.
There was a little deli in the lobby that was great for quick snacks, ice cream, coffee, etc. Dinners- we were on the all inclusive plan, so we tried them all.
La Capilla- my boyfriend loved his steak feast, my shrimp meal was pretty much inedible. But the seafood chowder was by far our favorite part of nay meal we had the whole time we were there.
Mikado- we got some sushi and some teppanyaki, and it was delicious!
SaSi thai - again, we tried a littel bit of everything, and most of it was pretty good. The crab spring rolls were definietly my favorite. But I also loved that they found out it was my birthday and they all came over with a gorgeously decorated piece of cheesecake and sang happy birthday- it was super sweet!
just a heads up about planning ahead of time- i spoke to the concierge via email every day for three days leading up to our arrival. On teh day of our arrival, I called and spoke to him personally. He got our airport pickup right, and one out of our three dinner reservations were correct...but everything else he managed to screw up. So just make sure you quadruple check everything!!!
Overall- we had a wpnderful stay, and I would recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Stacers28NY
Reviewed 19 February 2009

This is an elegant property with an impressive lobby area. Generally the service is first class and the room excellent. My only observation is that the dining areas are rather souless and we were not particularly impressed by the length of the queue during breakfast time.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MC1978
Reviewed 13 February 2009

Just wanted to write to inform those that seek information on this Resort that you will not be disappointed. This is a well maintained property. Rooms are nice and large with a cool floral decoration. Balconies are included with the rooms. An Argentinian Steakhouse that serves great steaks. Wonderful pool/beach service. Couldn't complain at all about this place. Go and have a great, relaxing stay.

The only thing that made me even give it a two star on service was a situation that occurred during my check out. I was given to bill to look over and sign. I noticed an additional charge of $50 to my room. I asked what this was for and the gentleman stated that it was for my transportation to/from the airport. I told him that I didn't order any transportation to/from the airport through the hotel. I had my transportation through Bestday Travel service (used them before) and that would be dumb of me to pay the hotel for transportation that I wasn't using. In other words they slid that crap onto my bill and thought that I wouldn't catch it! This has happened before to me and others in Mexico on trips. Someone pulls a fast one and hopes that you do not discover it. Just please check your bill.

I would still stay here in a heartbeat. I will not let the actions of one spoil the overall experience that I had here. And by the way they removed that charge from the bill.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
4  Thank Sunnyblack
Reviewed 11 February 2009

We stayed at the Marriott for 6 nights, getting together with 4 other couples from the NorthEast as well as abroad. We found the hotel staff to be friendly, extremely helpful; of note, we did not run into any of the aggressive time share sales tactics that we found to be pervasive during our last stay 4 years ago (even in the lobby of the Ritz), whether at the hotel or outside. The CasaMagna, as well as the sister JW property evidently had occupancy rates of 30% during most of our stay (it seemed to be in fact closer to 15%) and we found it easy be serviced (tennis courts, restaurants); we found the concierge desk to be extremely helpful in booking dinner reservations (and more than helpful in getting discounts, coupons, etc as well as accomodating re cancellations, changes at the last minute, which could have been annoying given the size of our group).
We paid for an Ocean View King (presumably partial), and got a room on the middle of the South Side on the sixth floor -- a terrific location. Other Garden View rooms faced the pool, closer to the ocean, facing North. While the rooms were not "new" they felt up to date and fresh. We liked our room better than the one we had at the Ritz (also Ocean facing East), at half the price.
The pool area at the CasaMagna is relatively small (much smaller than at JW) ditto for the beach. It was extremely easy to arrange for para-sailing at the pool (run by Aqua World) -- takeoff is either via waterjet (2 at a time) to the winch boat (which we chose) for the ocean side ride, or 1/4 mile away at the lagoon facing Aqua World dock. This was a fantastic experience, highly recommended for all! Roughly 1 hour from beginning to finish for 6 of us (2 up at a time).
We rented a car for a day trip to Tulum and Playa --- Tulum is pretty but a bit far (good 2 hour drive); Playa is about 1 hour away and we had a terrific mid afternoon meal there. There is a Budget on site, and cost is about $60/day. We arranged for a van to take us to Chichen Nitza leaving at 730am coming back at 4pm; if we had to do over, we would consider staying at the charming hotel near the ruins.
We had dinner various nights at the La Habituela (downtown Cancun: absolutely marvelous; be sure to sit in the garden!); Disteleria (hotel zone, looking out to Lagoon, also Mexican and excellent), Italina (La Dolce, walking distance, just ok; the Italian at the JW: first rate!), the on site Argentine steak house (very good) and sea food buffet at the JW (pretty good). Breakfast buffet was included and consistently excellent, of note and must have: a different mexcian soup every morning. Golf at Hilton about 1 mile away was convenient, about $200 in greens fees, $50 equipment rental.
We prebooked a pickup from airport at Marriot ($14/person), had to wait for one other couple for a few minutes but worked well. Back to hotel on taxi, about $30 (quoted rate is 300 pesos, much cheaper than airport to hotel).
All in all, found stay at Marriott extremely pleasant; terrific food at local restaurants and lots of choices --- we liked this trip a lot better than 4 years ago.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank patsandsox