I stayed at the Park Royal Hotel from 20 Sep - 4 Oct 13 with my friend and her family (group of 6). The hotel on first impressions looks slightly outdated to some of the more extravagant hotels on either side (the pictures online are old and there is a hotel on either side of the two buildings now) but neat and well kept. Upon check in I asked about the wifi which we were told we had to pay for, it was $10 for a day or $16 for 24hrs which is disgusting really and we felt it should be free as most hotels offer this service these days. The room we were given was nice, my friend and i had a large bed each and the room was very clean- no balcony though which was dissapointing.
The pool areas, lobby, restaurants and bars are all very well kept and immaculate.. the staff are friendly, the best i've ever experienced and are always willing to help with anything. The bars are well stocked with masses of choice and include cocktails and shots as part of your all inclusive package which I thought was good as you dont often get this. There is food available all day from various places and you can have as much as you like. The beach, which you can access from the back of the hotel is beautiful and the best ive ever seen, white sands with blue water.. the beach itself was very clean and never crowded. We had the chance to help the local wildlife conservationsists release newly hatched baby turtles into the sea (free of charge) which was an unforgettable experience.
The food i thought was nice, the main buffet area has a different theme each night and was generally nice. Sometimes it could be cold though if you went down later. The other restaurant was exceptional and we ate there nearly every night- it was no children which was bliss and you had a waiter who served you as apposed to the self service in the other restaurant. The choice wasnt massive but i found the quality to be well worth eating the same thing a couple of times whilst our two week stay.
Other points to make, the hotel is in a good location which isnt too far from the main centre where all the attractions and clubs were. The entertainment in the hotel was average, as we were british we didnt understand a lot of it as it was mainly in spanish. There werent a lot of british people in the hotel during our stay, a few american families but that was it.. The hotel was noisey on a night- i think this was due to the marble flooring in the corridors and rooms.. we often heard screaming children or loud talking couples stood in the corridor late at night or very early in the morning which grated on me big time. In fact screaming kids was one of the low points about this hotel, there were a lot of families with ferral children running around which did my head in.
Overall Cancun is amazing and the Park Royal hotel was good, this was mainly due to the staff, location, cleanliness and bar choices. If I returned I would go to a different hotel though, probably one a bit newer which was more for adults.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cancun Caribe Park Royal Grand is conveniently located right in the heart of the Hotel Zone next to the very exclusive, La Isla Mall. The International Airport is located only 20 minutes from the hotel and you'll be within walking distance of the best restaurants and stores.From the Park Royal Grand walk over to Cancun's excellent shopping center and discover places like Kukulcan mall, Flamingo mall, Forum mall, Coral Negro market, and Caracol mall.Souvenirs and bargains abound as you stroll through the stores in the heart of Cancun's hotel district. Whether you are looking for a new designer outfit for yourself or a gift to take home to your loved ones, you'll find it here ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, TravelClick, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Park Royal Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Royal Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Park Royal Resort Cancun
- Park Royal Piramides Cancun