Moon Palace Cancun
US$336
US$279
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
US$886
US$123
US$554
US$450
galahotels.com
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
US$497
TripAdvisor
24,362 results
All reviewssunrise sectionnizuc sectionflow ridernizuc and sunrisegolf clubla gondolalos tacoslos caporalesresort creditla trattoriaswing barpublic relationspay taxvacation plannersbrazilian restauranthuge resortdolphin swim
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Expectations at this place were low as it was my sister's wedding and my job was to help her out. this place isn't good for the beach. great golf and spa. report is huge. Wave rider and Dolphin swim was fun. free shuttle and access to the sister reports was a big bonus. Isla Mujeres has amazing view and is a fun resort.

Food is top notch. fresh juice and fresh juice popsicles.

Room Tip: resort is huge so get a room near the main lobby for the food.
Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I stayed at the Moon Palace resort for a Farouk systems conference. I had a fantastic time .The staff and food presentation are unbelievable I would recommend this resort to anyone the teen club is amazing. The pools are incredible. The night life great, but the food all I can say is awesome!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank kamsranch
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Another great vacation in Cancun and nothing but the best service from the moon palace staff. Environment was great, food was great and plenty variety to choose from and all the staff from every restaurant (Bugambillas, Momo's, and I can't remember the name of the restaurant accross the hall from Bugambillas). I would like to personally send a BIG and personal THANK YOU for such great and attentive service to our Momo's waiter, Walter Romero, Chef Emi Tanaka and Restaurant manager Guillerrmo Espinoza for making us feel special and welcomed with the delicious dinner that was arranged for us...You just don't find this type of service elsewhere. The whole dinner to dessert was above and beyond my expectations and it showed that everyone put a tremendous amount of time and effort into making us feel welcomed. THANK YOU!

The remodeled rooms in the Sunrise portion of the resort is a big improvement from last year as well as all the remodeling that occurred from the lobby to the Kids Club . It shows that the Palace resorts are making the necessary adjustment to fulfill today's tourists demands.I was personally impressed by the Teen lounge, the sky bar, and the kids club, there is something for the whole family night or day or both.

also, a big thanks to Mario Osorio, bell boy, who always went out of his route to give me a ride to and from the Kids club to pick up my daughter.

Areas for improvement
The original room that was given to us in Nizuc had a faulty AC unit and couldn't adjust the temperatue and had to get up through out the night to turn it off after it got too cold and on after the room got hot. That room was also right behind all the heavy equipment used to keep this place running and it was noisy, even with the AC unit running and we were on the third floor we could still hear it. Luckily we were able to arrange a transfer to Sunrise lobby and get a remodeled room, major difference.

Check in was no big deal....checkout on the other hand was somewhat of a challenge....there were only three employees behind the counter and the line was growing by the minute and it took them about 45 minutes to an hour to get more staff behind the counter. They should know that people will have questions about their room charges and would expect them to be more organized.

I really think that the positives overshadow the negatives and would recommend the Moon Palace to any of my family and friend.

See you in 2014....or sooner.

Room Tip: Stay away from room next to the heavy machinery
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank marco a
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We recently finished our annual two week stay. A wonderful time was once again had by the whole family (me, my wife and our four daughters). We reconnected with returning friends--and made new ones--from the U.S., London, Brazil and elsewhere.

An always clean and beautifully kept resort with great food and outstanding service, we continue to love the place after being members for over eight years now. We highly recommend it and truly believe that if a person can't have a great time at the Moon Palace, they probably can't anywhere...

While we have found that literally every member of the Moon Palace staff is terrific, we'd like to point out several specific people who are particularly important in our having a great stay (many of which have been there--and we've known--for years now). Be sure to introduce yourself if you have the opportunity while you're there (and tell them "Mr. Ken" sent you!)

These include:

VIP member services:
• Esteban Martinez
• Lucia Barradas
• Marimar Montemayor
• Paulina Vega Venegas

Hosts/Hostesses:
• Willy (Bugambilia's, Sunrise)
• Margarita (Manglar, Nizuc)
• Anna (Nizuc pool area)

Chefs:
• Jesus (Bugambilia's; the BEST breakfast chef in Moon palace--AND-- one of the happiest people at the resort, hands down!!)

Bar Tenders/servers:
• Claudio (Sunrise VIP beach bar)
• Misael (Sunrise VIP beach bar)
• Emilio (Sunrise pool bar)
• Ruben (Sunrise pool bar)
• & Ruben2 (Sunrise pool bar)
• Victor (Sunrise flowrider bar)
• Kenny (Nizuc pool bar)
• Baltazar (Nizuc pool bar)

The NEW Head of the Moon Palace Entertainment Staff:
• Ricardo Ruggeri (Brand New in August—and already terrific!)

Entertainers (Sunrise):
• Nelson (Excellent and long-time entertainer at MP!)
• Nico
• Hector
• Cesar
• Marco
• Louisa
• Diana
• Yaya

Entertainers (Nizuc):
• Alfredo (Head of Nizuc Entertainment Staff)
• Felix
• Carlos/Charlie
• Gustavo
• Carla
• Tati

Entertainers (Grand Moon):
• Alfredo ("Alfredito")
• Alex

I would be happy to answer any questions about our stays at the Moon Palace and how you can have the best time there possible. I can be reached at kmetcalfe@kenrichgroup.com or 703-568-4239.

Room Tip: If you like activity, ask for room near sunrise pool. A little less activity, ask to stay near Nizuc pool. For more quiet, ask for a room near one of the Grand Moon pools.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank kenneth m
Reviewed 29 August 2013

What a fantastic place to go on Holiday, we have been twice now. Our room was looking towards to sea. The hotel staffs are very friendly and looking after your every need. Taken the bus into Cancun which is free of charge, we could go to the Moon Places other Hotel in Cancun to have lunch there which was fee. The best part we swam with Dolphins.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple