A little late- but wanted to give my feedback. This was my first visit to any Palace Resort (I did travel as a guest of a member) anyone can do this- research this before you visit! We travel every year to Mexico or the Carribean- Some of my other favorite resort chains are: Dreams, Iberostar & Palladium. My family really enjoys the larger MEGA SIZE resort. If that isn't your thing...this resort isn't for you.
What we loved: Close to the airport- not driving an hour down to Riveria Maya! The size of the resort- ability to use all of the other hotels/pools/restaurants in this complex with no limitations. The pools- beautiful! The availability of food & bars directly adjacent to the pool. Pool waiters (not every large resort has them!) The number of food choices & the ease of getting into restaurants (not having to make reservations for the whole week on the first day!) The additional amenities geared toward families (flow-rider, teen club, kids club, family suites with adjacent rooms - this type of room option is CERTAINLY not available everywhere) Room Service, Mini-bar in the room with FULL SIZE bottles, Quality of the bedding, Amount of activities scheduled daily, the Nightclub, the free transportation to Beach Palace & complimentary use of that hotel- which we LOVED. Resort credits were a nice addition to our vacation (we swam with dolphins, had numerous spa visits, upgraded wine with dinner, kids had their hair done in the beauty shop, we all had mani-pedis) We also liked that the rooms were connected to the lobby- It rained (really rained) a few days & we liked that we could easily get to the lobby without walking miles in the rain or waiting for a train to pick us up outside our room. FREE WI-FI and FREE CALLS TO THE US (this is HUGE for traveling with kids!!!)
What we didn't love; the resort is Huge and geared to host GIANT conventions- these can have a negative impact your trip (resort can become over-crowded, guests at these conventions can be rude & overwhelm the restaurants & pool areas) However- Palace resorts does post a schedule of these on their website, so you can plan to avoid these groups. Towel game!!! crazy because there are SO MANY CHAIRS here. People reserve pool chairs with their towels- and NEVER show up ALL DAY- Palace needs to stop allowing this silly practice. While we felt the resort credit program was a value....it certainly did seem over-priced (esp. the photo program - would love to see more options) The beach - but we research any resort we visit before we go- so we knew exactly what to expect (the few days we spent at Beach Palace more than made up for that!) We felt that service & food at some restaurants was a little below expectations - but again, we visited at prime time in August with a convention going on. Member transportation back to the airport was AWFUL- they were late, we waited forever, bus was crowded! You are so close to the airport- definitely worth it to just take a taxi or schedule a private transfer.
Overall- we really enjoyed this trip- my teenage daughters who travel with us every year told us this resort was their ABSOLUTE FAVORITE. This resort caters to families for sure. We will return to Moon Palace & most certainly will try another one of their properties.
Jesus at the omelette bar in the Sunrise Buffet was EXCELLENT- he is an amazing employee- you are lucky to have him!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Cancun's tranquil south shore, this resort offers more than 2,000 accommodations, each with double whirlpool tubs, 24-hour room service and balconies. The state-of-the-art Awe Spa and Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, located by the Golf Club House, offer a perfect getaway for guest. This all-inclusive resort has something for everyone, including a kid's club, nightclub, 14 restaurants, bars and water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Destinology, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Priceline, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Moon Palace Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moon Palace Hotel
- Moon Palace Cancun Mexico
- Cancun Moon Palace Resort
- Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort
- Moon Palace Mexico