Arrived on a Tuesday, the only blip we had all week was in the transportation from the airport to the hotel. It was not as swift as previous arrivals and we were shuttled along with non-palace members. That had never occurred before plus we were taken to sketchy areas of the air operation before we departed to the resort. This was reported to Palace staff and I just want other travelers to be aware of this event and report anything out of the ordinary!
That being said, it was game on after that! Fun, fun,fun ! The checkin was standard 20 minute Palace checkin....got a swim up room in the Sunrise section. That was a great perk, 10 feet from our room to our exclusive pool! Room was generic Palace jacuzzi room, clean, well appointed, cold beer and good booze! Ice machine is on second floor, but can't have everything..... Room attendants did a great job!
Days were spent at the beach, narrow with great sand. Grandsons spent hours snorkeling while we chatted and observed while consuming those great tropical drinks. One grand kid went one on one with some jellyfish and Palace staff were quick to apply their remedy, well done!
Evenings were spent wining and dining, the Barracuda has some great steaks and staff, some good sides and fantastic dessert. The Italian Gondola was very good. Our evening buffets were done at the Bugambilias, standard Mexican fare, great selection and large variety of desserts. For breakfast we would hit the buffet at either Bugambillias or Gondola....there is always the snack bar
We didn't do much with our resort credits this trip, went to isle me juries for a day trip and kids went snorkeling.
The flow rider and water slider were a hit!
To the staff I would like to give you all a big hug! You made use feel welcome and treated us like family, no request was to difficult and always completed with a smile. To remind other travelers, write down the names of your favorite attendants and put them in your after trip survey from the Palace so they can be awarded points!
Check out went smoothly and I can't wait to get back to Cancun, will be back March 10 at the Sun Palace! Keep up the good work!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Cancun's tranquil south shore, this resort offers more than 2,000 accommodations, each with double whirlpool tubs, 24-hour room service and balconies. The state-of-the-art Awe Spa and Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, located by the Golf Club House, offer a perfect getaway for guest. This all-inclusive resort has something for everyone, including a kid's club, nightclub, 14 restaurants, bars and water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Destinology, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Moon Palace Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moon Palace Hotel
- Moon Palace Cancun Mexico
- Cancun Moon Palace Resort
- Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort
- Moon Palace Mexico