We had an amazing time at Moon Palace. The whole experience was outstanding. I have so many great things to say I don't know where to begin.....the resort is clean, beautiful and elegant, and the grounds and facilities are all well-maintained; the staff are attentive and very friendly (especially our favorite waiter, Cesar Donoy, at Nizuc who catered to us every day poolside. Seriously, Cesar was exceptional and super friendly); the pools are beautiful and simply awesome; the food is all top-notch, and the selection and variety of food choices is incredible (there many different restaurants to choose from; our faves were the Mexican and Brazilian steakhouse), even for our kids who are picky eaters; there are literally bars everywhere, and the drinks were always great; there are so many things to do, particularly for the kids (flow rider, slide at Nizuc pool, Wet'n'Wild excursion, Dolphin Discovery, Teen Lounge arcade, Kids Playroom, etc.). Our kids really, really enjoyed our stay. They swam all day, played with other kids, drank chocolate milkshakes, played in the arcade, at poolside, swam with dolphins, etc. We dropped them off at the Kids Playroom (which is an awesome place with tons of stuff for them to do) for 3-4 hours so my wife and I could have some alone time to grab dinner together. The kids get signed in and the staff watched them while also letting them play and do whatever. We were given a two-way Nextel phone to check-in on them. The whole thing was well-organized and gave us peace of mind that the kids would be safe and have a lot of fun. The transportation is easy and convenient when going from Nizuc to either Grand or Sunrise. Shuttle buses come ofter, and you can catch a ride on the extended golf carts pretty easily. It's really a short walk to the different areas, so we ate breakfast and dinner at Sunrise and Grand to mix it up. Again, super easy to get around.
In general, I honestly consider myself to be a fairly harsh critic, but after giving it some thought, I can only come up with a few minor examples of instances where I was disappointed about something at Moon Palace. Aside from one ice machine that wasn't working (room service had to bring me ice, so it really didn't matter) and a hostess at breakfast that was a little unpleasant, the one thing that aggravated us was the hard sell that the activities planning folks made trying to push their timeshares. That was SUPER annoying, but we learned it can be avoided by simply calling them and booking your activities (e.g., golf or Wet'n'Wild) over the phone from your room. When we first tried to use our resort credits to go to Xel-Ha, they basically told my wife we had to endure their 90 minute pitch about timeshares in order to use our credits to go to Xel-Ha. It was really shameless of them, particularly since we spent a fair amount of money on this vacation. With all that said, their attempt to pitch the timeshare sale was annoying, but it ultimately did not detract from our stay and overall feeling about the resort. If you have kids and are looking for an amazing experience at an all-inclusive, Moon Palace is your place. We had a blast! We usually don't repeat our vacations and try new places, but we have already decided we will be going back next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Cancun's tranquil south shore, this resort offers more than 2,000 accommodations, each with double whirlpool tubs, 24-hour room service and balconies. The state-of-the-art Awe Spa and Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, located by the Golf Club House, offer a perfect getaway for guest. This all-inclusive resort has something for everyone, including a kid's club, nightclub, 14 restaurants, bars and water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Destinology, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Holiday Gems, Priceline, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Moon Palace Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moon Palace Hotel
- Moon Palace Cancun Mexico
- Cancun Moon Palace Resort
- Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort
- Moon Palace Mexico