The best thing about this hotel is the service from the staff which is top notch. In particular the public relations team who sit under the escalators in the Sunrise section who can help with any query.
We stayed in the Sunrise section (there are three Sunrise Nizuc and Grand) but were close to the Nizuc section which made visiting both lobbies/pools easy.
We were in a garden view room. Rooms are very nice. Fitted out in Marble as most of the hotel is. All rooms have a Jacuzzi bath.
The restaurants we found were a little hit and miss with some being very nice and others not as good. Our order of preference for the eateries we visited was as follows:
1 Momo - oriental Sunrise lobby
2. Burger bar by Nizuc pool
3. Barracuda steak house by Sunrise pool
4. Room service
5. Brazillian in Nizuc lobby
6. Mexican in Sunrise Lobby (being refurbished by the time we left)
As other people say the sea is underused and is not as nice as other parts of Cancun. But the pools are really good so not really an issue. The only thing we thought would be nice is if there was a evening beach bar as the one by the Sunrise pool is good but would be nicer to be on the beach.
One drawback of this hotel is that they will not let external cabs or tour companies other than the ones they sell to access the resort so you have to go with their tour companies or get one of their cabs to Cancun to join a trip. The cabs they use were reasonably priced so not an issue from just the cab side. With regard to their tours we went on the following:
Chitchin Itza - non resort credit tour
Xel-Ha - non resort credit tour
Tulum - with resort credit.
The two non resort credit tours are a little more pricy than what can be found elsewhere but we were very impressed with the service on these tours. Xel-Ha is all inclusive so unlimited drinks and food. On the Chitchin Itza tour they give you plenty of soft drinks and beer on the tour. They give a basic breakfast and a buffet lunch in a nice restaurant. They also give cold towels when you return to the coach which is a nice touch. The guide was friendly and knowledgeable.
The Tulum tour was more basic with no free drinks or food and you stop at a Mayan store for about 45 mins on the way. But we did only pay $20 for two people for this tour (as you have to pay 16% of the tour cost the rest is covered by the resort credit) so did expect it to be a lower quality than the paid for tours. But the guide was good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Cancun's tranquil south shore, this resort offers more than 2,000 accommodations, each with double whirlpool tubs, 24-hour room service and balconies. The state-of-the-art Awe Spa and Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, located by the Golf Club House, offer a perfect getaway for guest. This all-inclusive resort has something for everyone, including a kid's club, nightclub, 14 restaurants, bars and water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Destinology, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Moon Palace Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moon Palace Hotel
- Moon Palace Cancun Mexico
- Cancun Moon Palace Resort
- Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort
- Moon Palace Mexico