“Great Hospitality”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Great Hospitality”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

The best thing about this hotel is the service from the staff which is top notch. In particular the public relations team who sit under the escalators in the Sunrise section who can help with any query.

We stayed in the Sunrise section (there are three Sunrise Nizuc and Grand) but were close to the Nizuc section which made visiting both lobbies/pools easy.

We were in a garden view room. Rooms are very nice. Fitted out in Marble as most of the hotel is. All rooms have a Jacuzzi bath.

The restaurants we found were a little hit and miss with some being very nice and others not as good. Our order of preference for the eateries we visited was as follows:

1 Momo - oriental Sunrise lobby
2. Burger bar by Nizuc pool
3. Barracuda steak house by Sunrise pool
4. Room service
5. Brazillian in Nizuc lobby
6. Mexican in Sunrise Lobby (being refurbished by the time we left)

As other people say the sea is underused and is not as nice as other parts of Cancun. But the pools are really good so not really an issue. The only thing we thought would be nice is if there was a evening beach bar as the one by the Sunrise pool is good but would be nicer to be on the beach.

One drawback of this hotel is that they will not let external cabs or tour companies other than the ones they sell to access the resort so you have to go with their tour companies or get one of their cabs to Cancun to join a trip. The cabs they use were reasonably priced so not an issue from just the cab side. With regard to their tours we went on the following:

Chitchin Itza - non resort credit tour
Xel-Ha - non resort credit tour
Tulum - with resort credit.

The two non resort credit tours are a little more pricy than what can be found elsewhere but we were very impressed with the service on these tours. Xel-Ha is all inclusive so unlimited drinks and food. On the Chitchin Itza tour they give you plenty of soft drinks and beer on the tour. They give a basic breakfast and a buffet lunch in a nice restaurant. They also give cold towels when you return to the coach which is a nice touch. The guide was friendly and knowledgeable.

The Tulum tour was more basic with no free drinks or food and you stop at a Mayan store for about 45 mins on the way. But we did only pay $20 for two people for this tour (as you have to pay 16% of the tour cost the rest is covered by the resort credit) so did expect it to be a lower quality than the paid for tours. But the guide was good.

1 Thank Teuy
YENNIACALVILLO, Public Relations Manager at Moon Palace Cancun, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear Teuy,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience and for the compliments regarding our service, especially from our Public Relations personnel. We pride ourselves on selecting the right people and allowing them to do what they do best, take care of our guests.

I will definitely share your comments with everyone here.
We will look forward to welcoming you back next time you have the opportunity to visit Cancun, Mexico

MOON PALACE GOLF & SPA RESORT

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6,005)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Aurora, Canada
Reviewed 17 May 2014

1st time at Moon Palace and what a great time we had!! The service was exceptional and the staff was always trying to help you. A big shout out to Mardo and Efrain who every morning at breakfast started your day off with smiles and great humour, we even had them at night serving us in the restaurant, What a long day they have but both were still going strong making sure everything was fine.
Swimming with the dolphins was a highlight off the trip.

Will be going back again for sure The Milnes

Room Tip: The Pineo was a great!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Thomas M
NormaGranados, Public Relations Manager at Moon Palace Cancun, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Moon Palace Golf Spa Resort, it is our pleasure that on your first visit you have experienced all our quality service.

We hope to see you many more times in this paradise of the Mexican Caribbean.

Norma Granados
Public Relations Manager @ Nizuc
Greeley, Colorado
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed at the Nizuc hotel and from the moment you enter the hotel is beautiful! Most staff were very helpful, if you want a top shelf drink you have to ask for it specifically or they will give you the cheap stuff, grey goose is an extra charge. We stayed in a concierge suite, it wasn't really worth the extra money. The dolphin experience is fantastic, and the cenotes are a beautiful experience for a day trip. The food was good, my favorite meal was at the caribean(sp) restaurant at the grand hotel, the restaurant was super slow when we went, the service was amazing and the chef did a fantastic job with presentation and flavor. Only my husband and I went on this trip, but plan on bringing our children back next time, ages 2 and 4. We did tip, but it's not necisarry, the service is not better or worse either way

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for choosing us for your vacation. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed our facilities and services in Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort.

It would be an honor to meet you again in the near future, thank you!

Norma Granados
Public Relations Manager @ Nizuc
Afton, New York
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This past February, I traveled back to Moon Palace in Cancun. I believe this was my 4th time staying here. This mid-winter trip was much anticipated, but ended up being some what of a challenge due to breaking my leg 5 weeks prior. I thought it would be a bummer due to my situation, but between the resort providing me with a wheel chair, my own knee scooter, and the wonderful employees who were there at a moments notice with golf carts when ever I beckoned, my stay at Moon Palace, Sunrise was outstanding!
The previous trip to this resort 13 months prior, the facility was under substancial renovations. When we arrived this trip, we were amazed at the transformation of the main lobby, restaurants, pools, landscaping, and rooms! Beautiful to see our money at work!
One of the restaurants that totally thrilled me with their transformation was Gondola. This is my favorite breakfast place at the entire resort! The room is more elegant now. The feeling of dining here at night is a new experience! Beautifully elegant! This is now added to my list of favorite dinner places to go!!!
Momo is an exciting restaurant as well! Their chefs and wait staff are exceptional with the show and presentation that are part of the dining experience! The Habachi chef was so entertaining with his expertise! The onion volcano was a hit!
A new favorite is The Barracuda Restaurant out by the Wave Runner in the pool area. I ended up dining here almost every day for lunch and a few times for dinner. We became great friends with a wonderful man who waited table here, named Sirilo. This is typically a serve yourself experience during the day, but with my broken leg and using crutches or wheel chair, Sirilo saw that I needed extra help getting my food. Instead of me trying to struggle to get my food myself, Sirilo directed me to my table each time and asked what I would like which he graciously got for me! After day 2 of 10, Sirilo would see me coming from afar and have my drink on the table and my "usual" burger ordered from the grill chef! On our last day there for lunch, Sirilo presented my sister and I with a special farewell dining experience. Sirilo had a table set up in the far corner of the restaurant over looking the ocean. The presentation was gorgeous! He served us a special 5 course meal he planned out for us! It was so beautiful and made us feel so special! I cried tears of joy at this act of this wonderful gift from our wonderful friend! Sirilo did not act alone in this! His co-workers and manager all had a hand in this! Eliseo, Roger and others all get a stand up ovation!
Also, I have to mention my wonderful friend Gabino who works in the Bagonbilla (sp) Restaurant which is located off of the main lobby at Sunrise. It was great to see him again! He is another person that has become like family! I also found my friend Rosio again who was working in the bar in the main lobby at Sunrise! We missed her at our favorite pool this trip! There is another wonderful woman, Jennsen, who is a hostess at Gondola and Barracuda restaurants. All of these people made what could have been a difficult vacation for me with my broken leg, a wonderful experience!
Hats off to the entire Bell Staff and all of the guys who run the golf carts for getting me where I needed to go at a moments notice!!! I can't wait to see you all again when we come back this October!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Susan M
Dear Susan M

Thanks so much for your lovely comments regarding our remodeled facilities and our employees’ service. We value your loyalty and your feedback has definitely contributed to our success. I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with all travelers.

You may rest assured that the staff that has provided you with an excellent service will get recognition.

Thanks again for the positive words, and the whole team here looks forward to welcoming you back.

Medellin, Colombia
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Pros:
- The hotel has good infrastructure: pools, rooms, restaurants, internet works well across such a big complex.
- Variety in food and restaurants.
- Good service at pools and restaurants.

Cons:
- Although there is a big hotel extension across the beach, you can not get into the sea. It is plenty of seaweeds and jellyfish. So, if you want to enjoy the well known beatiful cancun beaches this is not the hotel to do so.
- We went for a wedding, and my mobile phone was stolen. I reported the incident to the security management, and they said that will investigate it. Two days after, they have no reports, and havent intofrmed us what happened at the end. So far the hotel has not informed us about it.
- One of my family members get sick during our staying. The doctor issued an oral prescription, so was difficult to buy medicines without a written prescription. BTW the cost of the consultation was around 100 USD.
- Transport between different hotels (grand, nizuc, sunrise) is non efficient. Golf cars are few, and bus among hotels arrive every 10 min.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jhon L
San Diego, California
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The Staff the service and the Food here is incredible! I have never experienced an all inclusive resort like this one!! The quality and selection of foods were amazing, the Brazilian Steakhouse-THE BEST! The staff at the Nizuc breakfast restaurant, especially Carlos and Victor made our stay even better, they remembered our names, knew what we liked to drink, carried our plates back to our tables from the buffet, met every special request, just amazing! The Pool bartenders Kenny and Jose remembered our drinks and poured them perfectly, they would see us coming and our drinks would be ready! Everyone from shuttle drivers, check-in, housekeeping, management, service staff were terrific! The meal and wine list at the Trattoria Restaurant at the Golf course was delish, staff there too was warm and inviting, also kudos to the sommelier! I work for a hotel and I wish I could steal some on this talent and bring it back with me to my hotel! I would go back just to see the staff again! The grounds of the hotel itself was also beautiful and clean and well kept! Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Ask for one closer to the pool or main lobby. the Resort is very spread apart
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
YENNIACALVILLO, Public Relations Manager at Moon Palace Cancun, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear KKS22,

Thank you so much for your positive review. We are thrilled to know that all our staff made you feel like royalty because that’s exactly what all our guests deserve! We are proud of our services and facilities.

Thank you once again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards,

Harrodsburg, Kentucky
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Moon Palace had exceptional service! You never wanted for anything! Food was fabulous and even though it was all inclusive you actually got your adult beverages in a full size glass! Golf course was out of this world gorgeous. The beach on the other hand not so hot. Full of seaweed and sand fleas(ouch)! The beach was very narrow so if you like playing on the beach you wouldn't like it. Only other complaint is the time share people, have mercy they will lie and pressure you to death. Just say no! Overall the resort was 5 star with a few whiney complaints.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Doglover-KY
YENNIACALVILLO, Public Relations Manager at Moon Palace Cancun, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Doglover-KY,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our service and food, all our staff work hard to provide the ultimate experience to our guests.

We regret to learn that you were not pleased with our beach, please be assured that we do our best to offer a full vacation experience. All feedback helps us improve and so we thank you for your time.

We’ll look forward to seeing you again next time you have the chance to visit Cancun, Mexico

MOON PALACE GOLF & SPA RESORT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
#8 of 25 in Puerto Morelos
IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar
IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar
#8 of 11 in Playa Paraiso

Been to Moon Palace Cancun? Share your experiences!