“Car Junkies Beware!!”

Exotic Rides Mexico
Ranked #105 of 339 Tours in Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: You don't have to be a rock star or celebrity to experience the mind-blowing performance of the world's most amazing and luxury super cars. At Exotic Rides in Cancun Mexico, everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the thrill of racing exotic cars on a Private Race Track or feel the astonishing acceleration on a Road Tour of the breath-taking Yucatan Peninsula. Spice up your vacation and experience one of the most exciting attractions in Playa Del Carmen, Riviera Maya and Cancun. Choose from any of our Luxury Sport SuperCars from: Ferrari, Lamborghini, Mercedes Benz SLS AMG Gullwing, Audi R8, Lotus Elise and others exotics.
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We took this excursion near the end of our trip, so were on a limited budget, and i could have spent all day, (and a fortune) there!! I drove the Lotus Elise for 5 laps, the Go-carts for a good 15 minutes and rode in a 450hp Camaro on a drifting trip around the track, with my wife, all for under $250.

If you can afford it, i would pay the $800 and take the three or more cars for the 140km trip down the coast, you get to try at least three different cars, have lunch and training! 5 hours of car heaven!

6  Thank Cliffbranton

Reviewed 10 March 2012

LIKED the service and attention. Everyone there does a great job. Smart, friendly and beautiful people. They look after you well.
If you go drifting, have a pal in the car with you, for more fun.

4  Thank tropigirl9
ExoticRidesMexico, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Exotic Rides Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Thanks a lot for your kind words, we are really glad for your visit, knowing that you enjoy driving in our track day experience, feeling the amazing acceleration of our cars . We´re looking forward to see you again. We´ll gonna bring so much more surprises, experiences and more exotic rides. Please book ahead or send us a email to fmarquez@exoticrides.com.mx for your next visit and get a special deal.

We appreciate every reader from trip advisor. Again thank you for comments, don,t forget to send us an email to fmarquez@exoticrides.com.mx , prior your visit to get a promotion

Warm Regards

Reviewed 10 March 2012

I tool my fiance here as a birthday present for him. He had a wonderful time driving the Lotus. The expression on his face was well worth the money spent. We also did the "Drifting Experience" and that was so much fun. We both couldn't stop laughing at how much fun it was. The driver was incredible and made us feel completely safe. We also tried the go karts which were quite fun, never have we driven karts so fast. The staff was friendly and helpful. Overall great experience well worth the price tag.

3  Thank BnBinBC
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Ever since I watched Cannonball Run as a kid, I have dreamed of driving in a Lamborghini or Ferrari. 30 years later I finally lived that dream and checked off a big wish from my bucket list.

Tip 1: Make sure to email fmarquez@exoticrides.com.mx before you book and mention TripAdvisor. He always has special deals and may offer discounts and/or extra laps!

Tip 2: No matter what car you drive, I recommend taking the Lotus Elise on the track as well. It's definitely a hidden gem. Sure the Elise is no Ferrari and you see lots more of them on the road, but consider these points: (1) Only $99 for the track experience. (2) The Lotus is incredible fun to drive. I was able to take corners harder than in the Lamborghini Gallardo and drove the track nearly as fast. (3) You may see lots of these on the road, but how many of those owners get a chance to really put one through its paces?

Tip 3: with pricing from $80 and $130 for their incredible Lamborghini Murciélago, I highly recommend the Hot Lap experience. The proper name should really be "Hot Laps" because you will get many of them. Lastly, the pro drivers are experienced racers and really know how to push their cars to the limit. Wouldn't you want to ride shotgun to your own personal Stig? (i.e., pro driver in the Top Gear UK show)

Pros:
* Great stable of well-maintained cars to choose from, and as low as $99 to race!

* Challenging road track will definitely test your driving skills

* Even though I only booked one experience, it was no problem to add more once I was there.

* Excellent video package that captures all your experiences. The format is really cool as you see real time views of the road, the cockpit with clear audio, the track layout with your GPS location, and the speed/tachometer. The photographer also takes some very good action shots and offers photo print packages.

* Fun for the whole family, especially with their speedy 9 HP go karts that are only $20/pp for a 15 minute race! Believe me when I say they are fast enough to drive a whole lot of laps. For those who may not feel comfortable driving, the hot lap and drifting experiences, with a pro driver at the wheel, are amazing.

* I hope this place gets lots more business, but Exotic Rides is still new to Cancun and is not yet having any large crowds.Take advantage of this while you can!

Cons:
* Many of the cars are on the pricey side but I definitely felt it was worth the expense, and ended up getting 5 track experiences in one day, and all in beautiful Cancun.

* All of the experiences offered are ‘a la carte’ and I think it would be great to see some package options for the track. I'm sure Fernando will be happy to work out something special for you, but it would be nice if they advertised increased discounts based on the number of cars you drive.

Here's the summary of a truly amazing day: First, this is one class outfit. It was VIP treatment from hotel pickup in a Porsche Cayenne, to the lovely and attentive staff, and of course the very talented pro drivers who take plenty of time to familiarize you with the track. The facility has a great contemporary look with plenty of indoor (air conditioned) and outdoor relaxation areas, all with great views of the track. It was also very cool to meet a group of PGA players and caddies hanging out for the day, all of whom who were in Cancun for this year's Mayakoba tournament; very cool guys. Their favorite choices were definitely the Ferrari F430 and the Ferrari 612. Later in the day, we all raced together in the 9 HP go karts and had a blast.

My first experience was a hot lap in the Lamborghini Murciélago. All I could say was WOW! The driver blew the doors off the beast and kept me pinned to the seat. It was also great to watch his driving lines and accel/brake points.

Next up was my longtime dream of driving a Lamborghini. I was cautious in the Gallardo for the first lap but then I hit my first full straightaway... Holy moly that car is rocket! It was pure driving heaven and very impressive in the corners. I was bolder with each lap and definitely finished with my fastest time and a huge smile on my face.

I wasn't planning on the drifting experience, but after seeing it in person, I just had to jump in the Camero SS. The pro driver drifts through select turns for many laps and pulls into a large circle each time for controlled circles, figure 8s and spinouts. Also, before it's over you experience some reverse 180s on the straightaway. I paid $130 which is reasonable considering they have to replace the rear tires so often.

I was about to call it a day when I asked about the Lotus Elise. When they quoted $99 I was knew I was going nowhere. I always remembered the episode on Top Gear where they said how much fun it is to drive. Well the show definitely didn't lie, and I had about as much fun as driving the Gallardo. Forgive the Pretty Woman quote, but this Lotus really "corners like it's on rails!"

As previously mentioned, the day ended with a go kart race with the PGA guys. You drive the same track as the full size cars and they are definitely fast; fast enough that you must decelerate or find yourself sliding through many of the turns.

I will definitely be back the next time I make it Cancun. Fernando also mentioned extra discounts for repeat customers and is planning to start a referral program. Being a new outfit, I couldn’t help but notice Exotic Rides is not included in the excursion offerings that various companies try to sell. I gave a full review to the tour company that worked with me this week. They told me since Exotic Rides was so new, they hadn’t considered adding them. I hope sharing so much positive feedback with the representatives will result in some business opportunities.

17  Thank FudRover
Reviewed 20 February 2012

sure it is expensive, but where else can you rent a Ferrari on a track. Sure the track is small, but it is not an oval, but convuluted, making you work the wheel hard. Cars were in good condition. I drove the F430, nice car, great handling, nice power. I still love my Boxster S, but I am really glad I did have a chance to do this.

2  Thank Alaskan_traveler_8