Background: We are a couple of friends who looked for a good hotel away from the shore in order to drive various places outside Cancun (we rented a car).
We arrived after a really early flight from Mexico City. The room was ready but apparently the weather put it to the test. We were staying on the 5th floor and after some minutes in the room it started to rain, and what a surprise was that also in the room. Apparently, one of the discharge pipes or the balcony itself (the rooms with balcony are on the 6th floor) was loaded with water and well, it was dripping into the room. This was not a new issue as the cealing was already repaired (noticed by a whiter paint layer). Additionaly, this room lacked a minibar, which we noticed as we moved to a new room.
We were moved to the room next door, and what a surprise, same problem. We reported it to the administration and they moved us for a third time, now on the fourth floor, were we finally managed to stay
The information we received from the reception was incomplete as they did not make us aware of the existing pool (small), gym and the possibility of a free transportation van (up to 5km from the hotel).
- There is a relatively large underground parking place
- The security personnel is very friendly and helpful
- The hotel is not centrical, but there is an available transport van that allows you to reach the clubs (it only works until 10:30 pm, so a taxi is the only way back, e.g. Coco Bongo) and the Mercado 28.
- The rooms are large with a comfortable bed and a nice bad
- The parking place is not directly connected to the hotel, so if it is raining, an umbrella will come in handy.
- The friendliness and helpfulness of the reception personnel. When asked they replied courteously, but otherwise they minded their own business, sometimes not looking at you when answering.
- The breakfast will satisfy you good enough for the first two mornings but afterwards the options become very limited.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your LQ Hotel by La Quinta Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.