“Totally awesome experience”

Cancun Scuba Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Cancun Scuba Center operated by owner, Juan Carlos Garrido, with 20 years of experience, we'll make sure you'll have great dives an unforgettable experience with fully personalized attention and professional service. Specialized in Padi Courses to all levels, small groups for certified divers. We also offer the amazing dives to the cenotes (cavern diving).
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I searched the web extensively for a dive guide for our trip to Cancun. I read a lot of great things about Cancun Scuba Center, so I booked multiple dives. Juan-Carlos is the owner. I emailed him multiple times and he responded quickly each time and answered all if my questions. When we arrived we were treated very well. Juan-Carlos was there to greet us and he introduced us to his staff. We were made to feel very welcomed. The dive sites were beautiful and the staff made us feel safe. Prior to the dives they went over the equipment and signals. During the dives they watch you to make sure everything is ok and at the same time they give you enough space to enjoy your dives. I would go back to them in a heartbeat. Juan-Carlos is great at what he does. He even took my wife and I on a dive in Cozumel by ourselves when usually 3 divers are required to make the trip. He takes care of everything for you so all you have to do is enjoy your dive. On our dives we saw sea turtles. Barracuda, sting rays and even a couple of sharks. The equipment is all in very good condition. Juan-Carlos even provided us with dive computers to wear during our Cozumel dive. These are the guys to use if you are planning to dive in Cancun or are new and just want to try it out. You can try it out even if you are not certified.
Oh, lastly, the prices were even cheaper than the larger outfits.

1  Thank chad c
There are newer reviews for Cancun Scuba Center

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Me and my wife went diving through Cancun Scuba and had an awesome time! It was affordable, just $100 per diver (best rate you'll find around the area), the instructors were very knowledgeable and friendly, didn't take a long time to get trained, and we had plenty of time to practice and get comfortable with all of the equipment in the pool before heading out to dive. We had a wonderful experience, it was safe, and we got great underwater pictures back in just a week!

2  Thank RickRennaissance
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I've held off writing this review until I had a few more dives under my belt for an actual comparison. Juan Carlos was the best divemaster and gave us the best dive experience I've had. Attention to safety, attention to detail, great feedback on how our skills were and how we can improve. I've never felt safer. My husband and I are contemplating going to Cozumel and we will use him as our divemaster any time we go to Mexico. If you are new to diving or an experienced diver, without hesitation use him.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This was our third trip diving with CSC. Juan Carlos never disappoints and always provides first class service. He makes sure every diver's needs are met and always makes the extra effort to ensure diving safety. JC also takes awesome photographs and sends them to his customers. He takes the time to get to personally know each diver and wants them to have the best experience possible. JC has a wonderful crew and Roberto and Ramon also cater to each customers needs. Hopefully, we will make it back next year for more wonderful diving.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Used this dive company for two 2-tank dives, one at MUSA and the other Cozumel. The divemaster, Juan Carlos, was utterly superb. An extremely warm and friendly person, with obvious mastery of dive principles. He provided clear, consistent, and detailed communication/planning before and during each dive. Never felt unsafe or confused, even for a moment. When my teenage son had some trouble with his ear during descent, JC managed it flawlessly, holding him to a more gradual trajectory, and communicating with me the entire way. ALSO, he brought his camera and took magnificent pictures of all of us - WONDERFUL! I have been diving the Yucatan for more than ten years, have completed at least 20 dives in this area, and this guy is THE BEST. I will go back to him.